• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Tokubetsu said:
Loving this new Rich Boy:
3NV6F.jpg

http://hulkshare.com/fbjxrptzkj26
I listened to about 2/3 of it before I went to bed last night, it's pretty great. Dude's mixtapes are quality, I love Supa Villain's beats. I really hope his next retail album is up to the quality he's capable of, especially since it's now been delayed like 2+ years.

The new Killer Mike, PL3DGE is pretty excellent too. The last third kind of drags, but that happened with I Pledge Allegiance To the Grind II as well.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lambtron said:
I listened to about 2/3 of it before I went to bed last night, it's pretty great. Dude's mixtapes are quality, I love Supa Villain's beats. I really hope his next retail album is up to the quality he's capable of, especially since it's now been delayed like 2+ years.

The new Killer Mike, PL3DGE is pretty excellent too. The last third kind of drags, but that happened with I Pledge Allegiance To the Grind II as well.

Is PL3DGE better than the mixtape? I felt like the first half of the mixtape was pretty weak. Picked up towards the end though.

TheOddOne

Lambtron said:
The opening is such a freaking banger, did a instant repeat on that bitch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
anyone post this new DJ Khaled track?
http://linkmixes.com/iqp83hrs1ub6

I'm shamelessly a Khaled fan... I know :/
Hey I'm a Khaled AND Drake fan and I thought that was wack. Then again I said that about Fed Up and ended up liking it months later though. Will await Khaled's mysterious collaboration with Ye, if that's still gonna pan out. Go Hard >>

Slizz

Slizz said:
Boo Rossini ft. Big K.R.I.T. - M I crooked letter

I hate making and finishing a mix, uploading it and then finding a fucking dope track like this. This beat is undeniable.

Shittttssss onnnn repeat.

EDIT: I threw a mix together the other day to start of the summer for me an my boys. Strictly party jams so don't expect to find much depth in the mix. Jus trying to get everybody nodding their head. Sry in advance if you hate the Heat.

Qt889.jpg

1. Yelawolf x B.O.B - It's a Party
2. The Lonely Island x Snoop Dogg - Turtleneck and Chain
3. Big K.R.I.T. - Pop A Bottle
4. Project Pat - Pills Weed & Pussy
5. Young Joc x Tity Boi - Dueces
6. Killer Mike - At the Top
7. Young Jeezy x Lil Wayne - Ballin'
8. Young Buck - Bought that
9. Big Sean - I Do It
10. Maybach Music Group - By Any Means
11. DMX - Get Your Money Up
12. Lil Scrappy x Pharell - Grustle
13. Wale x Black Cobain - 4AM
14. Killer Mike - So Glorious
15. XV - When We're Done

Download

Slizz

nns3d

Slizz said:
Nah I feel you. This was specifically for new music to get it poppin'. A real Summer Jam tape would be a buncha shit from 91' to 96'

Immma check out you're playlist though. The only song I've heard from that list is Ballin' and I need to get up to date. I'd also add Pandemonium by Maybach Music Group.

For me the most ideal summer playlist would be a compilation of west coast songs. I don't know why, but they give off the perfect summer vibe.

Slizz

Afrocentric-Asian said:
Immma check out you're playlist though. The only song I've heard from that list is Ballin' and I need to get up to date. I'd also add Pandemonium by Maybach Music Group.

For me the most ideal summer playlist would be a compilation of west coast songs. I don't know why, but they give off the perfect summer vibe.
91' thru 96' best era for west coast music lol. I get the vibe from Curren$y these days, but whenever I put Curren$y on if people aren't blazed as fuck they aren't feeling it.

McNei1y

You should add these to your summer jams!

Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow
Kid Cudi - Day N Night
The Pharcyde - Passing Me By
Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Wiz Khalifa - Mezmorized
Wu-Tang - Da Mystery of Chessboxin'
Bone Thugs n Harmony - Breakdown/Smoking Buddha

Meh, just songs I chill to in the summer.

nns3d

Slizz said:
91' thru 96' best era for west coast music lol. I get the vibe from Curren$y these days, but whenever I put Curren$y on if people aren't blazed as fuck they aren't feeling it.

I'm not too big on Curren$y, but the dude ain't bad. And yeah, west coast was at its peak in the early to mid-90s, but as soon as Deathrow fell, westcoast music went into a decline as well.

Awww shieeet. I love the original more, but when I'm in the mood for a funky ass beat, there's nothing like this one.

Agreed.

Oh and McNei1y, I can't believe I forgot Outkast! SpottieOttieDopaliscious and Jazzy Belle should also be added.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tokubetsu said:
Love this song. Probably my favorite Sad Clown EP too. Fuck, I love you Siddx.

I love you too, we should make out. And ride horses on the beach.

kamspy

That goddam Frank Ocean could end up AOTY. This dude is completely bonkers with it. Fuck that hipster shit HRD posted. If you haven't checkout out Nostalgia/Ultra, and you don't hate the sound of the human voice, do yourself a big favor. Sangria in a canteen.

CRS

kamspy said:
That goddam Frank Ocean could end up AOTY. This dude is completely bonkers with it. Fuck that hipster shit HRD posted. If you haven't checkout out Nostalgia/Ultra, and you don't hate the sound of the human voice, do yourself a big favor. Sangria in a canteen.
Not sure if it's allowed to compare the two tapes, but I prefer The Weeknd's House of Balloons. I agree with you that Nostalgia,ULTRA is a must listen though.

Tokubetsu

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Not sure if it's allowed to compare the two tapes, but I prefer The Weeknd's House of Balloons. I agree with you that Nostalgia,ULTRA is a must listen though.

To each his own. Both have similar subject matter (largely about getting fucked up and being involved with pretty & rich white girls...Nostalgia a bit less so since not to many white chicks know Jodeci...)

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:

You just started on Frank Ocean, i swear gaf-hop has been riding dudes dick for awhile now( i am also one of those said dick riders).

The M.O.B

peterb0y said:
anyone post this new DJ Khaled track?
http://linkmixes.com/iqp83hrs1ub6

I'm shamelessly a Khaled fan... I know :/

O_O This is awful, and yes you are shameless :/

Drake completely kills (in a bad way) the entire first 1:30 of this song, not to mention he also does the hook which has zero hype to it.

Song is like a carbon copy of this song by T.I.

All I Do Is Win remix is the only song of Khaled I have, and I don't see that changing soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The M.O.B said:
O_O This is awful, and yes you are shameless :/

Drake completely kills (in a bad way) the entire first 1:30 of this song, not to mention he also does the hook which has zero hype to it.

Song is like a carbon copy of this song by T.I.

All I Do Is Win remix is the only song of Khaled I have, and I don't see that changing soon.
Victory? Not even Go Hard or it's remix?

"Weezy F baby, and the F is for a bunch of shit / red drank, blue pill, white dust, yes I love my country biiiiiiitch".

Everyone killed that track. Even Nicki Minaj.

CRS

Tokubetsu said:
To each his own. Both have similar subject matter (largely about getting fucked up and being involved with pretty & rich white girls...Nostalgia a bit less so since not to many white chicks know Jodeci...)
What's a Radiohead?

House of Balloons' production is what's winning me over. It's dark and I love it for that. I would probably call it the R&B Death is Silent.

Tokubetsu

ChldRebelSoldr said:
What's a Radiohead?

House of Balloons' production is what's winning me over. It's dark and I love it for that. I would probably call it the R&B Death is Silent.

All glass and it's four feet wiiide but it's a must to get us ten feet high~

I really wish glass table girls was a separate track.

BlackBeltBambi said:
NNI7v.gif

Thank you...

Man, I love Prince.

kamspy

ChldRebelSoldr said:

I think Frank gives off more personality then The Weekend. I like it a lot too, but the highs are higher on Nostalgia/Ultra for me.

House of Balloons is very good though. An easy #2 for R&B albums this year.

For me, Frank is what I always tried to get out of Musiq and John Legend. There isn't much current R&B I like at all. My favorite is D'Angelo Brown Sugar. Best modern R&B by far for me.

CRS

Tokubetsu said:
All glass and it's four feet wiiide but it's a must to get us ten feet high~

I really wish glass table girls was a separate track.

Glass Tables Girls is really good. The Morning is my jam though. Easily, one of my favorite tracks of the year.

"These pussy ass ni***s trying to hold on to their credits.
So I tell 'em use a debit, watch they image start to lessen."

Separate tracks you say? House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls I too wanted them separated so I did.
kamspy said:
I think Frank gives off more personality then The Weekend. I like it a lot too, but the highs are higher on Nostalgia/Ultra for me.

House of Balloons is very good though. An easy #2 for R&B albums this year.

For me, Frank is what I always tried to get out of Musiq and John Legend. There isn't much current R&B I like at all. My favorite is D'Angelo Brown Sugar. Best modern R&B by far for me.
House of Balloons starts off high and never goes down for me. Great album from start to finish. It's also amazing weed music which is always a plus for me.

TheOddOne

kamspy said:
Once Again by John Legend and Luvanmusiq by Musiq are freaking amazing.

JEKKI

Afrocentric-Asian said:
My Summer Jams would go like...

DJ Quik - Summer Breeze

...from the top of my head. I'll go back and add more later lol.
I raise you this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjOKUoAunA

and a few of my picks:

Dove Shack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBn6s_VqEjM

Lost Boyz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gbeRyOPqc

OC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_dusKFTN_U

-EDIT- more!!!!

CNN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOhHZI_2i4
for sum reason the whole CNN War Report seems like good summer music... for sum odd reason o_O

Scarface: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtxUR8w75I

-EDIT AGAIN- even more!!!

E-40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dI3u69_lN0

Hieroglyphics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k729U5AMIKI

I can go on forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom