• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This Fox News bullshit with Common is pissing me off. Some straight up racist ass bullshit right there. If he was a white country singer they wouldn't be saying a fucking thing.

SUPREME1

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Seriously?

softer than P tattooing G-Unit on his hand.
In other news, another Game single ft. Trey Songz on the same day as the Red Nation video is out with those shirts biting Roc Nation :lol *sigh* Will not link to it though, because it's featuring fucking Trey Songz. Who's probably even worse than Ne-Yo. Game, how do you even fuck up a Justin Timberlake feature?

G-Unit gave Prodigy $1,000,000.00 (minus Hav's cut and taxes)... and a porsche.

siddx said:
This Fox News bullshit with Common is pissing me off. Some straight up racist ass bullshit right there. If he was a white country singer they wouldn't be saying a fucking thing.
Daily Show last night was amazing, showing GWB honoring Johnny Cash, and one of those fox cunts defending Nugent screaming on stage that Obama and Hillary could suck on his shotgun or some crazy shit, and then that same cunt saying Common's lyrics are about killing cops.

siddx

parrotbeak said:
Daily Show last night was amazing, showing GWB honoring Johnny Cash, and one of those fox cunts defending Nugent screaming on stage that Obama and Hillary could suck on his shotgun or some crazy shit, and then that same cunt saying Common's lyrics are about killing cops.

Indeed, it's just so pathetic, how fucking hypocritical can you get?

siddx

SUPREME1 said:

Considering how these stupid ass rappers blow through their money, a million bucks is about a weeks worth of spending money.

enzo_gt said:
Seriously?

softer than P tattooing G-Unit on his hand.

In other news, another Game single ft. Trey Songz on the same day as the Red Nation video is out with those shirts biting Roc Nation :lol *sigh* Will not link to it though, because it's featuring fucking Trey Songz. Who's probably even worse than Ne-Yo. Game, how do you even fuck up a Justin Timberlake feature?
Errr, what's wrong with Ne-Yo? he has some pretty decent R&B albums.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SUPREME1 said:
They didn't even release an album did they? And they got out of the deal through a clause in their contract too? Bad investment in retrospect I think.

Tguy said:
Errr, what's wrong with Ne-Yo? he has some pretty decent R&B albums.
Singlehandedly ruined L.A.X. Personal beef.

WanderingWind said:
...in retrospect, Game kinda fucked up the West coast for mainstream rap, didn't he?
Well when you think about i- no.. no get these terrible thoughts out of my head.

And about that Common freestyle, I thought it was pretty good, but yeah Hip-Hop won't catch a break for anything because of it's young age. You guys should expect this kind of shit, especially from Fox News, not like this is the first time this has happened. Not until 10-20 years down the line when dubstep or whatever becomes the next big thing for youth. If it happens. Going into university and hearing people discovering the existence of dubstep and claiming its the next big thing makes me scratch my head, but I digress.

EDIT: Just saw the Daily Show piece. "And a happy birthday to rapper Ice-T" *facepalm* :lol

siddx

Put em in their place was a great track. Album itself was pretty average though, better than Amerika's Nightmare though.

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
I remember the single, never knew the album actually came out though on the label. How well did it do sales wise?

No idea. But I bought the CD, and I wasn't buying or following music on the internet at the time, so the marketing penetration had to be pretty decent.

hawt

siddx said:
Seriously, dude! Reading through the comments on this article from NBC New York makes me wanna shoot myself in the face.

Also; funny that you mention country music...
Picture1-3.png

SMH!

siddx

enzo_gt said:
I remember the single, never knew the album actually came out though on the label. How well did it do sales wise?

I can't find any solid numbers but everything indicates it did around 400K, way below what was expected although it did come out right as the music industry was really hitting it's collapse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
I can't find any solid numbers but everything indicates it did around 400K, way below what was expected although it did come out right as the music industry was really hitting it's collapse.
I think 400k is damn decent by todays standards. Solidifies some sort of future interest to keep the career and momentum rolling, and it's not like Mobb Deep has problems selling out shows.

They're free agents now right? You know what shit would be hilarious? If Mobb Deep signed to GOOD Music. The hip hop world would completely implode on itself. One of the most amusing hip hop "what if" scenarios I can imagine.

kamspy

If yall want to get into some current Mobb shit, Prodigy's Return of the Mac, produced entirely by the Alchemist in Prodigy's "dark days" where he was drinking and doing what the fuck ever. So you get that starving artist bonus on all the lyrics. It's a really good album, but it's a product of a bad time.

Mac 10 Handle

This was a year after he got that mil, so he was probably consuming a pretty good amount of congac and blow.

siddx

enzo_gt said:
I think 400k is damn decent by todays standards. Solidifies some sort of future interest to keep the career and momentum rolling, and it's not like Mobb Deep has problems selling out shows.

They're free agents now right? You know what shit would be hilarious? If Mobb Deep signed to GOOD Music. The hip hop world would completely implode on itself. One of the most amusing hip hop "what if" scenarios I can imagine.

400K is indeed excellent by today's standards, unfortunately this was when everything coming out of G-Unit records was supposed to sell a million at least. Mobb Deep just happened to come out just as everything began to go to hell for G-Unit and the industry in general, but in 50's mind, G-Unit was still on top of the game and the album should have gone platinum.

overcast

siddx said:
This fucking pissed me off. I was watching that last night. Common is A COP KILLERRR!!! GTFO of here.

kamspy

Right now I'm much more interested in a Prodigy album then a Mobb Deep album. No disrespect to Hav, but having him rap on every song is starting to sound like work. Especially when you've got a beast like P right there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
P just put out an EP didn't he, right out of jail? But he's focused on a Mobb Deep project regardless. To be honest, I really only like Mobb Deep because of that extra little mile P goes on tracks in comparison to Havoc. Not that the Havoc bits are underwhelming but the P bits are more like the icing on the cake.

I have a bit more time now to listen to some music, so I 'loaded up Goblin despite being an Odd Future hater and need one other tape/album to listen to. Anything super essential I missed in 2010 with some good production and raps? Now that I've caught up on K.R.I.T. And Lamar.

siddx

kamspy said:
Yeah, but we don't say that. We imply it. The Mobb is legendary. Havoc has earned it.

He gets mad respect for his production, but I hate his style of rapping. It always sounds like every few lines he realizes he's having trouble thinking of a word that rhymes so he just writes anything and moves on to the next bar.

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
P just put out an EP didn't he, right out of jail? But he's focused on a Mobb Deep project regardless. To be honest, I really only like Mobb Deep because of that extra little mile P goes on tracks in comparison to Havoc. Not that the Havoc bits are underwhelming but the P bits are more like the icing on the cake.

I have a bit more time now to listen to some music, so I 'loaded up Goblin despite being an Odd Future hater and need one other tape/album to listen to. Anything super essential I missed in 2010 with some good production and raps? Now that I've caught up on K.R.I.T. And Lamar.
Do you just ignore the lists that Siddx and I do every month?

...In related news, I've been bumping that Trouble mixtape as much as anything and I'm not even ashamed to admit it.

siddx

HiResDes said:

...In related news, I've been bumping that Trouble mixtape as much as anything and I'm not even ashamed to admit it.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people do lol. WWWHHHHHY!

siddx

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:

Nah I get shit from there frequently, but only consume as much as I have time for. So I'm not ready to dig up everything in 2010 to see what I need.

siddx make yourself useful and repost the links to that individual track compilation you made.

EDIT: Good man. Beat me to it. Thanks.

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
Nah I get shit from there frequently, but only consume as much as I have time for. So I'm not ready to dig up everything in 2010 to see what I need.

siddx make yourself useful and repost the links to that individual track compilation you made.

EDIT: Good man. Beat me to it. Thanks.
Oh wow I didn't even realize you were talking about 2010...Did you ever check out Niggaz With Latitude?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
Oh wow I didn't even realize you were talking about 2010...Did you ever check out Niggaz With Latitude?
Nope. What am I in for? Who's it by? Is this some west coast cartographer turned rapper's album?

siddx

Figure I should throw another mixtape mixtape together. Figure i'll do em every so often.

So here we go, MixtapeMixtape 4.

19 tracks, featuring
Artist - song (album)

1. GhostWridah - Victory feat. The Strangerz (from American Alien)
2. Dee Goodz - Bananas feat. Camrin (Floetic Justice 2)
3. Revolution of the Mind - Pay Dues feat. Sabac Red (Honor in Sin)
4. Neako - Runnin' feat. Fresh Moss (Loudpack:TREE)
5. Awar - Didn't Have No One feat. Vanderslice (Things of that Nature EP)
6. Self Scientific - Peaceful Justice feat. Krondon and Freddie Gibbs (Trials of the Blackhearted EP)
7. Wax - Dispensary Girl (Scrublife Mixtape)
8. Smoke DZA - Profit (The Hustler's Catalog)
9. Orie - My Story (Twenty-20)
10. Mike Schpitz - Gettin it (The Prize Package Vol 1)
11. M.i. - Smilin' (Prep Time)
12. Green Street - Going Places (Don't Look Down)
13. Currency - The Type feat. Prodigy (Covert Coup)
14. Steve Liriks - Lime Green Love feat. Pheo (Pardon Me, I'm Going Through a Phase)
15. Warren Jae - Show You feat. R.E. (The Dreamcatcher)
16. League of Extraordinary G'z - Dead Wrong (Concealed Weapons 3)
17. is...missing...oddly, no idea what happened here
18. Elzhi - It Aint Hard To Tell (Elmatic)
19. Neako - Hello (Loudpack: TREE)

I realize I added another Neako track to the end but it's just so goddamn catchy I had to throw it in.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

RPS37

IrishNinja said:
RPS37 - streaming that Focus - Music of the Misinterpretted now, shit's nice so far...thanks man! vocals sound slightly familiar (in a good way) and production's good by me too.

So I've listened to it a couple times and let it sink in for a few days, and yeah, it's really good.
I can't find any other information on this Focus... dude anywhere though.

Nabs

Damn, just put on the news and this dude Tyler damn near started a riot in Boston. I think a cop got hurt.

Dude was hopping across rooftops on Newbury Street.

Nabs said:
Damn, just put on the news and this dude Tyler damn near started a riot in Boston. I think a cop got hurt.

Dude was hopping across rooftops on Newbury Street.

YEAH! I was walking with my friends and saw a store with "OFWGKTA sold out!" and was like wtf? Then I heard a friend say "This rapper name Tyler almost started a riot" and it all made sense

TheOddOne

RPS37 said:
So I've listened to it a couple times and let it sink in for a few days, and yeah, it's really good.
I can't find any other information on this Focus... dude anywhere though.
He was signed on Dr. Dre's label as a producer. He left after not getting used for years.

He produced The Game's "Where I'm From" (featuring Nate Dogg) and more recently Busta Rhymes's "Respect My Conglomerate" (feat. Lil Wayne & Jadakiss).

Double D

HiResDes said:

I've been listening to this a whole lot more lately. What I love about it most is that I went into it hungry for more Deacon the Villain, and I've come away with a huge appreciation for Sheisty Khrist. You can get lost in his flow a little bit, but after a few listens everything just kind of popped out for me like I've just figured out some crazy math equation or something.

Just listen to Sheisty's verse on this song a couple times.

siddx

siddx said:
Figure I should throw another mixtape mixtape together. Figure i'll do em every so often.

So here we go, MixtapeMixtape 4.

19 tracks, featuring
Artist - song (album)

1. GhostWridah - Victory feat. The Strangerz (from American Alien)
2. Dee Goodz - Bananas feat. Camrin (Floetic Justice 2)
3. Revolution of the Mind - Pay Dues feat. Sabac Red (Honor in Sin)
4. Neako - Runnin' feat. Fresh Moss (Loudpack:TREE)
5. Awar - Didn't Have No One feat. Vanderslice (Things of that Nature EP)
6. Self Scientific - Peaceful Justice feat. Krondon and Freddie Gibbs (Trials of the Blackhearted EP)
7. Wax - Dispensary Girl (Scrublife Mixtape)
8. Smoke DZA - Profit (The Hustler's Catalog)
9. Orie - My Story (Twenty-20)
10. Mike Schpitz - Gettin it (The Prize Package Vol 1)
11. M.i. - Smilin' (Prep Time)
12. Green Street - Going Places (Don't Look Down)
13. Currency - The Type feat. Prodigy (Covert Coup)
14. Steve Liriks - Lime Green Love feat. Pheo (Pardon Me, I'm Going Through a Phase)
15. Warren Jae - Show You feat. R.E. (The Dreamcatcher)
16. League of Extraordinary G'z - Dead Wrong (Concealed Weapons 3)
17. is...missing...oddly, no idea what happened here
18. Elzhi - It Aint Hard To Tell (Elmatic)
19. Neako - Hello (Loudpack: TREE)

I realize I added another Neako track to the end but it's just so goddamn catchy I had to throw it in.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Repost for new page (yeahyeah 50ppp) just in case anybody wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom