• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

siddx said:
Atmosphere's Sunshine starts off every summer for me. It isn't summer till I blast it in the car with the windows down.

aw, now this song made me sad im working all day. here's to next weekend.

amber rose...still not seeing it.
have you ever ever in ya long legged life had a bald-headed bitch for ya bald-headed wife

TheOddOne

IrishNinja said:
aw, now this song made me sad im working all day. here's to next weekend.

amber rose...still not seeing it.
have you ever ever in ya long legged life had a bald-headed bitch for ya bald-headed wife
Same.

Afrocentric-Asian said:
Nice track, I need to check Luda's discography sometime.
You really should. I love luda, I personally think he's pretty underrated. Just get all his albums, people like word of mouf the most, but it really depends on the person. All of them are decent-great to me, except battle of the sexes, but that's because I haven't heard it yet.

nns3d

Tguy said:
You really should. I love luda, I personally think he's pretty underrated. Just get all his albums, people like word of mouf the most, but it really depends on the person. All of them are decent-great to me, except battle of the sexes, but that's because I haven't heard it yet.

From what I've read, Battle of the Sexes was universally panned. As far as the singles go I didn't like any of them other than the one that had the Isley Brothers sample. I think he's underrated as well, but alot people seem to hate him for some reason.

Afrocentric-Asian said:
From what I've read, Battle of the Sexes was universally panned. As far as the singles go I didn't like any of them other than the one that had the Isley Brothers sample. I think he's underrated as well, but alot people seem to hate him for some reason.
I'm sure it was panned especially from going from Release Therapy and Theather of the mind to that. I didn't like the singles that much either, probably what stopped me from checking out the album.

effzee

Tguy said:
I'm sure it was panned especially from going from Release Therapy and Theather of the mind to that. I didn't like the singles that much either, probably what stopped me from checking out the album.

I love Luda but Battle of the Sexes was just a "FUCK IT I GIVE UP" album. His main appeal was his humor but other southern rappers have surpassed him in popularity and he can't seem to regain that magic. He should just stick to trying to make quality music and working with top quality producers like he tried to do on Theater Of The Mind.

He is one of the most underrated rappers of all time though. People either excuse him cause he makes "funny" tracks or cause he is from the south.

kamspy

The first Luda album is slappin like a mother fucker. Luda is great. He's one of the few MCs tha no matter what kind of rap you're in to, you can find something in his catalog to like. People underrate his beastiality on the mic.

Esch

Banned
I can't bring myself to listen to any of dude's albums for an extended period of time, but i'd spin the fuck out of a Luda's greatest hits. Guy's dropped some great tracks in his time.

kamspy said:
The first Luda album is slappin like a mother fucker. Luda is great. He's one of the few MCs tha no matter what kind of rap you're in to, you can find something in his catalog to like. People underrate his beastiality on the mic.
Have I ever told you how cool you are?
effzee said:
I love Luda but Battle of the Sexes was just a "FUCK IT I GIVE UP" album. His main appeal was his humor but other southern rappers have surpassed him in popularity and he can't seem to regain that magic. He should just stick to trying to make quality music and working with top quality producers like he tried to do on Theater Of The Mind.

He is one of the most underrated rappers of all time though. People either excuse him cause he makes "funny" tracks or cause he is from the south.
Lol, this reason amazes me especially since I'm from the south and have no problems listening to north, east, or west coast rap. I've heard that reason for plenty of southern rappers too.

effzee

I am sure he has far more impressive tracks (I haven't heard all his work) but for some reason I just love his verse on Holiday Inn, Welcome to Atlanta, and of course on that Young Buck Stomp song.

effzee

Tguy said:
Have I ever told you how cool you are?
Lol, this reason amazes me especially since I'm from the south and have no problems listening to north, east, or west coast rap. I've heard that reason for plenty of southern rappers too.

Well to be honest, and no offense, a lot of southern mainstream rap is just straight up trash. Or at least used to be.

Tokubetsu said:
Been a Luda fan since his first album but War With God is easily one of my favorite Luda tracks. The beat is perfect (I think this was from the TI beef days):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_nccJQplE
He murdered T.i. on the stomp beat. His verse was so good, the record company had to replace T.i. with The Game
effzee said:
Well to be honest, and no offense, a lot of southern mainstream rap is just straight up trash. Or at least used to be.
I really don't know what to say lol, because you aren't lying.

DominoKid

Juelz somehow manages to get even shittier. Damn. He aint even got swag anymore and he used to have that in abundance.

Jimmy/Waka make a good combo though. Gotta add it to my Bricksquad/Luger playlist.

m3k

DominoKid said:
this one is my favorite Luda freestyle. i still remember it from 6th grade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUb_aj2OrEE&feature=related

glad i learned to stop buying Luda albums after RLD though.

thats dope

i loved luda until chicken and beer... after that i was happy for him but didnt check for everything he touched cause i didnt like the singles any more

however im just gonna leave this here cause this was the best i ever thought luda reached... he killed this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bapeg_pnpJ8

that was a summer song for us to boot

edit: bald headed chicks, nah

TheOddOne

Well I liked Luda's Theater of the Mind second half. Last of a Dying Breed, MVP, I Do It for Hip Hop and Do the Right Thang are fantastic and make up for the club heavy first part.

JEKKI

I'm in line tryin to get into a club, tryin to talk to these 2 girls,

then freakin Ras Kass rolls up and he's like sup shawtys, then the girls go with him coz he's VIP

fuckin Ras Kass...

TheOddOne

This is for BlackBeltBambi

tumblr_lidxg2BqV61qh4xqp.gif

What.

m3k

so gaf in the past few weeks ive had big krit woodgrain soul, return of the 4eva, big boi luscious left foot, robert glasper, and a bunch of earl sweatshirt songs on repeat

give me a new cd to listen toooooo... i know goblin is out so yeah but i was considering buying that so i wanna stay away from listening to too much of it

any mix tapes? old or new... ive never bothered much with mixtapes

Throavium

m3k said:
so gaf in the past few weeks ive had big krit woodgrain soul, return of the 4eva, big boi luscious left foot, robert glasper, and a bunch of earl sweatshirt songs on repeat

give me a new cd to listen toooooo... i know goblin is out so yeah but i was considering buying that so i wanna stay away from listening to too much of it

any mix tapes? old or new... ive never bothered much with mixtapes

Pusha T - Fear of God

LOZLINK

Please tell me you grabbed Covert coup. Really good Album. Also, how far back are we talking you never bothered with mixtapes. You must have J coles FNL and popular ones like that right? Also, BITCH MOB MIXTAPE IS OUT.
Edit: No it's not, damn it datpiff. 3 more days

m3k

yeah i got that and like.... mood music 2 lol

i really havent chased hiphop cds for a few years i was just listening to 90's hiphop for most of 2003-2010 and the occaisional big release... im just getting back into newish hiphop

so hit me with some heavy shit

LOZLINK

m3k said:

i really havent chased hiphop cds for a few years i was just listening to 90's hiphop for most of 2003-2010 and the occaisional big release... im just getting back into newish hiphop

I'm gonna come hard son
Red Flame, Blue Flame, Red flame evil edition, red flame devil music edition, Illusions of Grandeur, and pretty boy millionaires.
RAW

Detox

m3k said:

Not in any particular order. I know I'm probably missing some but oh well.

Nas - Street's Disciple
Nas - Hip hop is dead
Nas - Untitled
Nas - Ni**er Mixtape
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx 2
Ghostface - Apollo Kids
KRS One - Kristyles
KRS One & Marley Marl - Hip Hop Lives
Blaq Poet - Tha Blaqprint
DJ Premier Presents Year Round Records "Get Used To Us"
Scarface - Emeritus
Immortal Technique - 3rd World
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Thank me later.

HiResDes

DominoKid said:
Juelz somehow manages to get even shittier. Damn. He aint even got swag anymore and he used to have that in abundance.

Jimmy/Waka make a good combo though. Gotta add it to my Bricksquad/Luger playlist.
Did you listen to that Trouble? Shit is so perfect for a Bricksquad/Luger playlist

nns3d

m3k said:

jay-z-black-album.jpg

5336729fd7a0df7f7fecd010.L.jpg

nas-the-lost-tapes-cover.jpg

^Yeah, I know Lost Tapes came out in 2002, but it's probably Nas' most underrated album. Go check it out.

As far as underground hiphop goes check out Mm...Food by MF Doom. I'm not a big Doom fan, but Food is a great concept album.

HiResDes

LOZLINK said:
I'm gonna come hard son
Red Flame, Blue Flame, Red flame evil edition, red flame devil music edition, Illusions of Grandeur, and pretty boy millionaires.
RAW
White Girl Mob Presents: V-Nasty - Don't Bite Just Taste

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
m3k said:

cunninlynguists - will rap for food. =S
sample

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Odd Future is all the hype right now, but the Action Bronson albums are still my favorite 2011 purchases.

Duse is flying way under the radar atm. Bon Appitite .... Bitch !!!!!!!!!! is an amazing collection of songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom