• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

any state that was in the Confederacy is the south.

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Actually you know what? Houston/Texas are a goldmine for talent, y'all are right. Hmm..

Sorry GAF, I take everything back, Baby Bash is the best rapper out of the South, easily. And the best musician.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
enzo_gt said:
Actually you know what? Houston/Texas are a goldmine for talent, y'all are right. Hmm..

Sorry GAF, I take everything back, Baby Bash is the best rapper out of the South, easily. And the best musician.
RcG2o.gif

JEKKI

I saw DJ Premier do a live set last nite.

that dood is a fukkyn legend. He destroyed his set, controlled the crowd, omg he is the best.

in his honor, I'm posting a select few Primo choices of mine for yallz ^_^v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv4FSX3s11k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXndbWXzwnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvEJO2A4CeE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNkdOvcm64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irgwhjimd1E

and aint none of these tracks Gangstarr Foundation stuff... this is why he's the best.

LOZLINK

Bitch Mob's cover is without a doubt the best mixtape cover ever. First time I saw it, I was laughing my ass off(I was high). Downloading now, wonder if theres anything on there better than Illusions of grandeur and base for your face

DominoKid

i desperately want Lil B to retweet me.

"I still spank my bitches!"

Still Cooking is classic!

edit: you can tell Lil B was raised on Hyphy Music. lmao

LOZLINK

HiResDes said:
It's probably the funniest mixtape he's ever made.
First song I listened to was I just wanna cry. I love when Lil b sings, robberversairy is amazing. I remember first playing that song when my friends were in the car. They were so confused.

Edit: Still Cooking is so much swag

TheOddOne

enzo_gt said:

WHAT IS THIS. WHAT IS THIS!?!? REALLY??!??

I am offended on so many levels.

Fuck ya'll Scarface still hold the crown, then Bun B.

Tguy said:
What? Kentucky is a southern state. Who have you been talking to that said it wasn't?
as a 29 year old who has spent all of my life in this crap state, those in the majors cities (louisville, lexington) do not consider themselves to be in a southern state. Kentucky was not a confederate state. The rest of the country may see us as a southern state, and while some parts of the state may fit that description, the majority of the state considers ourselves mid west, not that one is better then the other, it's all semantics really.

m3k

Wayne really buildin a army of cupcakes over there son.

that one made me lol

thanks for the mixtape recommendations... ive got pretty much every big release cd from bigger rappers but mixtapes for me are pretty much untouched

GodfatherX said:
as a 29 year old who has spent all of my life in this crap state, those in the majors cities (louisville, lexington) do not consider themselves to be in a southern state. Kentucky was not a confederate state. The rest of the country may see us as a southern state, and while some parts of the state may fit that description, the majority of the state considers ourselves mid west, not that one is better then the other, it's all semantics really.
I get that, but yeah, it's considered a southern state even though it wasn't a confederate state. Nah, I'm not say one region is better than the other, just figured we mind as well add in some Kentucky rappers like Cunnilnyguists or however you spell it, i always get it wrong ;) lol

Louisville wasn't that bad when I visited, it rained a lot, but it was decent. I laughed when I saw people still wearing tall tees though(this was recent like 3 weeks ago). Maybe it's just one of those things were you have to be there for awhile to realize how crappy it is, but I definitely disliked TN the moment i moved here lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Church of the Based God is now in session:
http://i.imgur.com/wLzk3.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-Bitch-Mob-Respect-Da-Bitch-Vol1-mixtape.230808.html[/url]
#woop #swag[/QUOTE]
Holy shit at this cover, the Suge one got me haha

fushi

Hmm, none of my current favorites (Lil B, OFWGKTA, Main Attrakionz, Green Ova...) are even in the list in the OP. I guess I'm completely out of the loop.

DominoKid

wow.

so one of the members of Cali Swag District got murdered last night or today. don't know the circumstances behind it, but I thought it was interesting because that whole LA dance movement seemed like a sort of backlash against all the banging and strife in their community.

really sad.

runlikehell said:
Only if Eminem CALMS THE FUCK DOWN.

I'MA BE SCREAMIN ON THESE WHORES TILL I'M HOARSE!!/

WHY WOULD I DROP AND ROLL!!/
THAT'S HOW MUCH ON FIRE I AM!1!1!1!!/

LET YOUR FUCKIN LIGHTERS LIGHT THE SKY UP/

Living Proof is a goldmine for scrEaminem.

The M.O.B

DominoKid said:
wow.

so one of the members of Cali Swag District got murdered last night or today. don't know the circumstances behind it, but I thought it was interesting because that whole LA dance movement seemed like a sort of backlash against all the banging and strife in their community.

really sad.
Wow, this sucks. I never really liked the group per say but " Teach me how to Dougie" was a fun song and it was just a bunch of young dudes having fun. RiP M-Bone

I will bust out a Dougie in memory.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DominoKid said:
wow.

really sad.

Sad anytime someone dies. Wonder what the circumstances were behind it though. Might be something as trivial as he talking to someone's girl or some crap.

Net_Wrecker said:

I'MA BE SCREAMIN ON THESE WHORES TILL I'M HOARSE!!/

WHY WOULD I DROP AND ROLL!!/
THAT'S HOW MUCH ON FIRE I AM!1!1!1!!/

LET YOUR FUCKIN LIGHTERS LIGHT THE SKY UP/

Living Proof is a goldmine for scrEaminem.
I'm in love.

IrishNinja

yeah, some of ya'll will prolly enjoy mad em + LETS TALK ABOUT MAH DICK GAME royce more than i.

i dont know if im ready for that BASED blessing.

i'm a fucking unicorn, fuck anyone says i'm not.

IrishNinja said:
i'm a fucking unicorn, fuck anyone says i'm not.

Slap up a cop and then snatch him out of his uniform/
Leave him wit’ his socks, hard bottoms and bloomers on/
And hang him by his balls from the horn of a unicorn/

???

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
It should be called "Leather Hats meets Nike Track Suits and Hairplugs - The Sequel"

lol I can't even take it seriously.

Thats too bad, because every track from the project has been good so far.

kamspy

esham is still around. holy shit.

ReconYoda said:
Thats too bad, because every track from the project has been good so far.

What songs do we have so far? Royce takes himself so seriously that I can't. Em is Jimmy's botox man-doll these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom