• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Just started spinning that Kendrick Lamar Overly Dedicated junt. I've never heard dude before but he's damn solid if I do say so myself, I like his style. Anything else of his that's standout?

HiResDes

EschatonDX said:
Just started spinning that Kendrick Lamar Overly Dedicated junt. I've never heard dude before but he's damn solid if I do say so myself, I like his style. Anything else of his that's standout?
Join the black hippie movement...Make sure you get the Kendrick Lamar EP (longer than most albums), and also check out Ab-Soul's Longterm Mentality if you get a chance.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Erm, isn't Fast Lane the only track we've got off of the album so far?

I was under the false impression that Echo and Living Proof were off the album. But if the album is full of joints like Echo/Living Proof plus more like Fast Lane, than it will be good.

DominoKid

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ictim-of-random-violence-publicists-says.html

http://projects.latimes.com/homicid...2&address=400+North+La+Brea+Avenue,+Inglewood

Hip-hop artist Mante “M-Bone” Talbert , who died in a drive-by shooting Sunday in his hometown of Inglewood, was the victim of random violence, his publicist said Monday.

Greg Miller said Talbert, 22, was shot when he stopped off at a liquor store on his way home from the studio, where his group, Cali Swag District, was recording its debut album “Kickback.”

“It was a completely random occurrence,” Miller said. “This was a really good kid. He was not involved in mischief.”

Cali Swag District set off an international dance craze with their recording and video “Teach Me How to Dougie.” Talbert, a dancer and promoter before joining the group, was its “comedic entertainer,” Miller said.

“With this song they reached people of all demographics and celebrities,” Miller said.

Speaking on behalf of the family, Miller asked that anyone with information about the crime contact Inglewood police homicide investigators at (310) 412-5246

Talbert was shot twice in the head Sunday night in the 400 block of North La Brea Avenue, said Lt. Steve Overly of the Inglewood Police Department. Someone pointed a gun out of a car window and fired multiple shots, hitting Talbert in the head twice.

He died later at a local hospital.

kamspy said:
What the hell did yall just do to my eyes and ears.

Can you seriously be hyped for an album of this? Am I being trolled? What's that Em track that leaked about a month ago about the girl. That was good. This isn't.

Yee'aint a fan, it's OK. Fast Lane, Echo, and to a lesser extent, Living Proof have all been praised by a lot of Em & Royce fans, but you're not feeling it. That means that people are trolling you because the stuff is that garbage, right?

I ain't even mad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Net_Wrecker said:
Yee'aint a fan, it's OK. Fast Lane, Echo, and to a lesser extent, Living Proof have all been praised by a lot of Em & Royce fans, but you're not feeling it. That means that people are trolling you because the stuff is that garbage, right?

I ain't even mad.
kamspy's mad cause it won't play in his Toyota Sienna's 8-track.

SUPREME1

Banned
DominoKid said:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ictim-of-random-violence-publicists-says.html

http://projects.latimes.com/homicid...2&address=400+North+La+Brea+Avenue,+Inglewood

Hip-hop artist Mante “M-Bone” Talbert , who died in a drive-by shooting Sunday in his hometown of Inglewood, was the victim of random violence, his publicist said Monday.

Greg Miller said Talbert, 22, was shot when he stopped off at a liquor store on his way home from the studio, where his group, Cali Swag District, was recording its debut album “Kickback.”

“It was a completely random occurrence,” Miller said. “This was a really good kid. He was not involved in mischief.”

Cali Swag District set off an international dance craze with their recording and video “Teach Me How to Dougie.” Talbert, a dancer and promoter before joining the group, was its “comedic entertainer,” Miller said.

“With this song they reached people of all demographics and celebrities,” Miller said.

Speaking on behalf of the family, Miller asked that anyone with information about the crime contact Inglewood police homicide investigators at (310) 412-5246

Talbert was shot twice in the head Sunday night in the 400 block of North La Brea Avenue, said Lt. Steve Overly of the Inglewood Police Department. Someone pointed a gun out of a car window and fired multiple shots, hitting Talbert in the head twice.

Smh.

HiResDes

I think the Em/Royce album is gonna be quite good, but I don't think it will be very cohesive. I really need an east coast grime rap record, some more Roc Marciano would be perfect.

Acid08

Banned
Alright that Lil B tape is weird. I get the fucking joke, it's funny and shit but as far as music I would have in regular rotation, nah man. MAYBE one song if one of them really catches my interest but otherwise fuck no.

kamspy

Does anyone know the Em track I'm talking about? I can't find it, can't think of the name, I just remember it was about a girl. Really simple beat. No scream-o, just a good little joint. Really small leak off of god knows what. Probably some B side.

effzee

Since they are titling themselves Bad Meets Evil and the project is Hell the Sequel I just hope and wish that at least 1-2 tracks will be more like how scary movies was. Most likely not.

And who cares if Royce uses mainly dick and guns as metaphors? He is a damn nice rapper and most if not all rappers rap within their limited range of subject matters. It's not like he is half asses his verses.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
kamspy said:
YES. wtb a CD of that Eminem. Lyrics, delivery, beat, the whole 9. It will never happen though.

See? I can like Eminem.
sure you can.

also talk about CunninLynguists made me wanna listen to their first album again. my god is it different compared to their recent album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
I think the Em/Royce album is gonna be quite good, but I don't think it will be very cohesive. I really need an east coast grime rap record, some more Roc Marciano would be perfect.
Whoa I actually agree with you on something.

Blame Royce. Talking about guns and his dick is all he knows, he even admitted it in a recent Slaughterhouse interview when they were asked if stuff on their new album will have deeper content (they said yes because no time restraints this time). I guess acceptance is an essential step to growth?

At least with Em's team on the project, there will be at least some level of quality control, depending on what you think of Em's own quality control as of recent. That said, I'm expecting like 8-10 battle tracks compacted into an EP, with D12 Slaugherhouse and Bobby Creekwater Yelawolf features dispersed throughout. And I am okay with that. Is Alchemist still Em's DJ? Even if not, Em and Royce need to hop on Alchemist and Just Blaze beats for the EP. I don't want the Just Blaze collaboration on Recovery to be a one time affair.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DominoKid said:

According to TMZ it was like I thought it might be, some trivial crap over a chick. As much as we hate on people being "soft", at times you have to do the smart thing and back down. Some crazy peeps out there.

Our sources say M-Bone's friends have been in touch with cops, telling investigators after he got back to L.A. from his tour, he got involved with a girl. M-Bone's friends say a guy who lived in the woman's building didn't like the relationship, and allegedly began threatening M-Bone via Twitter.

We're told M-Bone did not back down and the two men started cyber smack-talking each other.

TMZ has learned ... the black car in which M-Bone was shot is registered to the woman.

Cops are trying to figure out why M-Bone was driving the woman's car and whether the cyber war is in any way related to the shooting.

And one more important detail. Witnesses tell TMZ, the shooter fired, left, then pulled a U-turn and came back around, possibly to see if he hit his target. The upshot -- it might not be random, as first suspected.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/16/m-bon...dead-drive-by-woman-girlfriend-love-triangle/

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kamspy is old, don't take his tastes seriously. Plus he's like 7'4, he doesn't get enough air way up there in the stratosphere and it affects his head.

Cedric

Anyone have a good guide to get started on making beats? I've always wanted to try producing stuff, I also feel like it's gonna give me a boost of inspiration to write lyrics. If it helps I have AcidPro7.

edit: oh and that kendrick lamar imitating wiz is funny, really like that dude

kamspy

That Kendrick Lamar link is good. I can channel Ghost pretty well whenever I'm drunk.

Oh, and Project Pat. Sometimes I just have Project Pat days at work where everyone just has to accept that I'm Project Pat that day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
kamspy said:
Oh, and Project Pat. Sometimes I just have Project Pat days at work where everyone just has to accept that I'm Project Pat that day.
I AIN'T GOIN' BACK TO JAIL

DominoKid

Lambtron said:

I DONE SEEN BLACK FOLKS TELL TELL TELL

i'm not even sure how i got that album to be honest. i may have stole it out of my friend's CD case. thats a good ass album

siddx

I have days where I punch babies in the fucking face...

hmm I guess thats not the same thing.

Detox

I don't know if that means completely scrapped or if it means he is still deciding whether or not to pack it in with the next album which was what he had planned since last summer. If it is the former :(.

kamspy

It's been a good career Nas. Now please, you and Dre need to ride off into the sunset now. We'll be fine. Thanks for Illmatic. It Was Written is pretty good too, but damn those Trackmaster beasts. You Steve Stoute trustin mother fucker.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
It's been a good career Nas. Now please, you and Dre need to ride off into the sunset now. We'll be fine. Thanks for Illmatic. It Was Written is pretty good too, but damn those Trackmaster beasts. You Steve Stoute trustin mother fucker.

Yea, co-sign.

siddx

Nas has as much charisma as a bag of bricks. He might as well be a computer built to vomit out lyrics.

effzee

Kimosabae said:
What is that 50 Ways from?

No way to pin it down exactly. It was from a batch of songs that got leaked late last year to early this year ranging from Relapse throwaways (like the B.O.B song) to all the way back to Encore recordings (the song that features Jay Z).

Judging by the sound I would say its pretty old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom