• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
kamspy said:
Wow. This Killer Mike finally lives up to his potential. Early feel is a rock solid 4.5/5.

He kinda reminds me of southern Ice Cube. Voice, ease of delivery, content, etc.

Never forget:

Agreed. All those flashes he showed have turned into a consistent effort.

I know some from Houston might think of this as a crime, but Killer Mike's growth reminds me of Bun B's regression. Hell, Slim Thug has passed Bun by in my eyes. Bun's features even are totally exchangable. I know that he is a father, hell a grandfather now and a family man. Maybe that doesn't lend itself to being hungry on the mic. Nowadays Bun doesn't talk about shit of substance and seems bored as hell while doing it.

kamspy

Agree on the Bun recession. Trill was great, it's been downhill since then. Trill OG was a sonic abortion.

EDIT: btw, PL3DGE, instant full album repeat.

EDIT2: and goddam it goes even harder on the second play. first 2 tracks are crazy as fuck.

dskillzhtown

kamspy said:
Agree on the Bun recession. Trill was great, it's been downhill since then. Trill OG was a sonic abortion.

EDIT: btw, PL3DGE, instant full album repeat.

EDIT2: and goddam it goes even harder on the second play. first 2 tracks are crazy as fuck.

Thats Life 2 go hard as fuck.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
PL3DGE is pretty great, but I'm not wild about the last few tracks. Can't wait for his next joint, which is produced by El-P. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

TheOddOne

Lambtron said:
PL3DGE is pretty great, but I'm not wild about the last few tracks. Can't wait for his next joint, which is produced by El-P. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.
I hate "Ready Set Go", smh at NO I.D. copying Kanye style production on hit. So annoying.

Big Boi kills the remix though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
That too. What the fuck happend since he got out of prison? His last album was terrible.
He did the whole redemption run in the media and then decided he liked prison too much and snuck some more ecstasy in Tiny's cooch I think. Currently back in jail for possession I think.

TheOddOne

enzo_gt said:
He did the whole redemption run in the media and then decided he liked prison too much and snuck some more ecstasy in Tiny's cooch I think. Currently back in jail for possession I think.
T.I. you use to be cool man :|

The M.O.B

Game’s The R.E.D. Album Gets (Another) Release Date

20110517-GAME.jpg

dskillzhtown

Tokubetsu said:
Most rappers don't have a great shelf life.

Some do, but I think T.I. vs Tip was a pretty accurate picture of what is going in his life. Dude is fighting some battles with who the hell he is/wants to be. On the outside looking in, it seems his hoodrat wife isn't helping matters any.

kamspy

Last chance for Game. Beyond a last chance really. It's like when you give someone a last chance, they blow it, and you give them another one. That's this album. The second last chance.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
kamspy said:
Last chance for Game. Beyond a last chance really. It's like when you give someone a last chance, they blow it, and you give them another one. That's this album. The second last chance.
I am glad I haven't really heard anything since The Documentary.

Yo GAF-hop... What albums from the genre should I be listening to besides these:

K.R.I.T.
Saigon
Pharoahe Monch
Goblin

Those are from favs to least favs. Any other things I should check out so far?

HiResDes

20110517-MONUMENTAL.jpg

01 Monumental f. Tyler Woods & Pete Rock
02 Prevail f. Raekwon
03 That’s Hard f. Sean Price & Styles P
04 Top of the World f. Memphis Bleek
05 Feel Me f. Rock & Bun B
06 Roses f. Freeway
07 Fire
08 This One f. Top Dog & Jahdan Blakkamoore
09 Do It f. Hurricane G
10 Nighttime f. Pete Rock & Buckshot
11 (I’m a) Stand Up Guy f. Black Rob
12 Time To Say

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

HiResDes

AvidNobody said:
Yo GAF-hop... What albums from the genre should I be listening to besides these:

K.R.I.T.
Saigon
Pharoahe Monch
Goblin

In the past year? In the past two years? Retail Albums? Mixtapes? Have you been following this thread at all? Why not?

Parts

kamspy said:
I didn't here Kanye in that track at all. But it did bite that one track. I can't think of the name of it. Maybe Kanye produced it and I'll look dumb. But IMO, it's not a "Kanye" sounding track. Not enough wacky bongos in the background. He use to be so good too.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_A5B_ck7SE"
Remember the old, good Kanye. [/URL]

vs
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYyb_ojV8lg"
New Kanye[/URL]
I don't think this demonstrated quite what you meant it to, for me at least. I hear the first and then go listen to the proper version of AotL and can't help but think "holy shit this is so much better, I love new Kanye"

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
AvidNobody said:

K.R.I.T.
Saigon
Pharoahe Monch
Goblin

Look at the O.P.(A lot of artist are mention as well) There's a link to the previous GAF-Hop thread as well., sunshine. 6 Kisses Boo#

enzo_gt said:
Now, I hoped he's scrapped everything he's made so far
except Monsters In My Head
and is doing the album from scratch with Dre. I am so anti-hype about this album, seriously. But yeah infinite hope Game will get his shit together, etc.

I'm kinda shocked Iovine apparently hasn't locked Dre and Game in the same studio. Whatever Game does could easily be a lot better than Detox. I'm not a Game fan, but he has mic presence and knows how to rip Dre (ie Storch/Mel Man/etc) beats.

HiResDes said:
In the past year? In the past two years? Retail Albums? Mixtapes? Have you been following this thread at all? Why not?

Sorry haha, I forgot to mention 2011 albums only.

Thanks for the recommendations everybody

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
ReconYoda said:
Please for the love of anything good dont listen to this advice.
I am not surprised you came here to shit all over Flocka minutes after my post. It's like someone posts about Flocka or Gucci or Based God and the fuckin' ReconYoda signal goes up. We get it, you don't like them. Guys post about plenty of shit I couldn't give two fucks about and I don't ride by and mock it every chance I get.

That being said, Flockavelli is approximately nine hundred times better than anything your boy Eminem has released in the last 10 years.

spindashing was just released from a two week stint at prison due to hurling obscenities at the NeoGAF police.

At his release, he left this message warning the GAF-HOP world.

#SWAG
lil-b.jpg

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
Lambtron said:
I am not surprised you came here to shit all over Flocka minutes after my post. It's like someone posts about Flocka or Gucci or Based God and the fuckin' ReconYoda signal goes up. We get it, you don't like them. Guys post about plenty of shit I couldn't give two fucks about and I don't ride by and mock it every chance I get.

That being said, Flockavelli is approximately nine hundred times better than anything your boy Eminem has released in the last 10 years.

I like you. You speak the truth.

LOZLINK

Lambtron said:

You're implying that Flockavelli is better than the Eminem Show? Waka fans are hilarious

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
LOZLINK said:
You're implying that Flockavelli is better than the Eminem Show? Waka fans are hilarious
I'm not implying it, I'm stating it. Half of The Eminem Show is good, the other half is hot garbage. Dude fell the fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom