• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
random Q: so if I someone, and I'm not gonna say who, decides to rhyme over some Death Cab for Cutie tracks, does that make them softer than Wiz Khalifa rolling around in a tub of cotton candy?

"The New Year" goes hard in the paint though

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
soul creator said:
random Q: so if I someone, and I'm not gonna say who, decides to rhyme over some Death Cab for Cutie tracks, does that make them softer than Wiz Khalifa rolling around in a tub of cotton candy?
I'd say yes. Ben Gibbard makes Wiz Khalifa look like Lil Boosie.

effzee

DominoKid said:
Flockaveli is legit good.

Lex + Waka made the hypest, most ignant album in years.

Best hood album since TM101.

I won't say much since I usually end up as part of the group that hates on these kind of rappers but when you have to create a whole knew category like "best hood album" it really tells you about the quality of the album.

Oh shit wait I just did hate on him.

HiResDes

If rappers were ranked like Street Fighter characters, Fozzie Bear would be in his own low category, with Gucci and Lil'B in higher separate tiers.

Tokubetsu

IrishNinja said:
yo tokus i know you ain't just walk on by our man spins and not welcome his ass back from county like that.

cmon god. he didnt do shinobi time but he's still fam.

Spin and I have been communicating man. Glad he's back though. PSN blackout hurt all of us. Some more than others...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
spindashing was just released from a two week stint at prison due to hurling obscenities at the NeoGAF police.

At his release, he left this message warning the GAF-HOP world.

#SWAG
lil-b.jpg
Welcome back homie, swag on a hundred trillion, god damn based spin. We missed you in GAF-Hop and MvC3GAF
We didn't in MvC3 GAF because you never visit anymore. :(

Enjoy the civil war about to start up.

Lol, yeah. We cool @Toku & @enzo. I will drop by MvC3 GAF more frequently. Count on it.

Some of the people that got banned didn't deserve it, but let me not start such a debate in here.

Bitch Mob is priceless. I cannot stop saying, "SALUTE TO THE BITCH." If I could change my tag, it would be to that.

Also, I heard Curren$y's going to come out with another EP soon? Dude's the hardest working guy in the business right now. Covert Coup is too good; I can't even consider it a mixtape.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Flockaveli is a great album for Lex Lugar. And a hot pile of horseshit for Flocka. Flocka is fucking trash. A retarded monkey could outrap him. Without Lex's beats, he'd be flipping burgers or sucking dick for crack.

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Flockaveli is better than most everything ReconYoda has proclaimed to be good this year and last year.

So with your statement , flocka is better than Cunninlynguists, XV, Lupe, Big Kritt, Atmosphere? And im the one trolling??

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Really Cube? Fucking Coors Light? At least chose a beer that doesn't taste like chilled vomit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Flocka isn't a great lyricist. He has enough energy to carry his weak raps, and both the beats and the overall production of Flockavelli are spectacular. Makes for a good album. Doesn't bother me that he's not saying a fuckin' thing.

GOT A MAIN BITCH
GOT A MISTRESS
A COUPLE GIRLFRIENDS
I'M SO HOOD RICH

overcast

Lambtron said:
Flocka isn't a great lyricist. He has enough energy to carry his weak raps, and both the beats and the overall production of Flockavelli are spectacular. Makes for a good album. Doesn't bother me that he's not saying a fuckin' thing.

GOT A MAIN BITCH
GOT A MISTRESS
A COUPLE GIRLFRIENDS
I'M SO HOOD RICH
But you said it's better than anything eminem made in the past 10 years. Eminem Show shits all over Flockavelli.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
overcast said:
But you said it's better than anything eminem made in the past 10 years. Eminem Show shits all over Flockavelli.
I stand by that. I don't give a fuck if it's not deep, it's more fun to listen to than Eminem. I like plenty of video games with shitty graphics, and I like plenty of mindless rap.

overcast

Lambtron said:
I stand by that. I don't give a fuck if it's not deep, it's more fun to listen to than Eminem. I like plenty of video games with shitty graphics, and I like plenty of mindless rap.
Eh. You're entitled to your opinion. But em is plenty of fun to listen to.

Recon

Banned
Toke and Lambtron have some of the most ridiculous opinions on Gaf. But hey, if you want to listen to shitty music, by all means, someone has to pay for flocka's chains.

IrishNinja

damn, Outer Space is some shit. why does Danny Brown sound a lot angrier/different than Shaq on stilts? both are good tracks (i dig the latter more), just wondering if he switches it up like that often.

DominoKid

HiResDes said:
...Also there is a new Earl Sweatshirt in the New Yorker, someone needs to summarize it for us.

uh...basically Earl, through email communication, allegedly said to stop the "Free Earl" and "Fuck Earl Mom" shit and that he could come back whenever he wanted to. i doubt whether those were his words though considering The New Yorker received the answers through his mom.

his mom said she sent him away because she didnt want him to get caught up in the celebrity star machine yet.

sidenote: the Maybach Music Group goes hard as fuck. i'm surprised.

IrishNinja

^damn, thought Tyler'd speak on that but his twitter is just full of him dick-riding the clipse & neptunes.
if you gotta dickride, though, there's worse choices than those 2, for sure.

MMaRsu

Okay guys, I havent been here in awhile. What are some mixtapes or albums that have released in the last two months that a hiphop fiend really needs to hear?

ReconYoda said:
Toke and Lambtron have some of the most ridiculous opinions on Gaf. But hey, if you want to listen to shitty music, by all means, someone has to pay for flocka's chains.
I can't watch this anymore. Shit is funny and sad at the same time.

Don't take them too seriously, LOL. And that goes for anyone on GAF-HOP with differing views in rap in comparison to you, may they be trolling or not.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
So with your statement , flocka is better than, XV, Lupe, Atmosphere? And im the one trolling??

yes.

I can't believe I missed the Flocka drama. But yeah. You are the one trolling Recon.

BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW FLOCKA

effzee

Lambtron said:

Argument doesn't make sense. Games with shitty graphics are good because of gameplay, the very core of games.

I would equate games with terrible game play and nothing but state of the art graphics to rappers, and I use that term loosely, like Flocka.

Either way its your opinion but with that logic you could say Flocka is better than pretty much everything that was released in the past 10 yrs.

Alright, I have begun to go on an Odd Future journey. So far, I've listened to Goblin (3.5/5) and Bastard (4/5).

Next, I'm going to listen to Earl and the first Frank Ocean album. Anything else I should peep.

HiResDes

Spiderjericho said:
Alright, I have begun to go on an Odd Future journey. So far, I've listened to Goblin (3.5/5) and Bastard (4/5).

Next, I'm going to listen to Earl and the first Frank Ocean album. Anything else I should peep.
Mellowhype, duh...Listen to BLACKENEDWHITE (The best Odd Future release ever IMO) and YelloWhite

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
effzee said:
Argument doesn't make sense. Games with shitty graphics are good because of gameplay, the very core of games.

I would equate games with terrible game play and nothing but state of the art graphics to rappers, and I use that term loosely, like Flocka.

Either way its your opinion but with that logic you could say Flocka is better than pretty much everything that was released in the past 10 yrs.
What I am saying is that I can overlook some items if the entire package is good. I've listened to plenty of skilled rappers who bore me to tears because they have awful production. Or rappers with complex lyrics who have uninteresting flows. I basically listen to rap all day at work as a way to escape from the doldrums of working in an office and to keep myself awake. I just want to hear something that bumps, and Flocka does that.

I listen to plenty of different kinds of rap, but I will reach for Flocka (or Gucci or Rich Boy) more often than the other stuff. Especially if I just want to listen to something fun to wild out to.

The Eminem comment was mostly just trying to troll ReconYoda since he constantly trolls Flocka & Gucci, but I do stand by it. I've been out of my teens the last 10 years which is probably a big part of me wanting nothing to do with Eminem anymore, but his music has just gotten boring. He ran out of ideas and he has no hunger anymore.

My first and only post defending Lasers right now:

Although I too think Lasers sucks, there are some standout tracks on it.

-All Black Everything
-Till I Get There (though Lupe himself sounds bored/lazy on it)

And that's it. Take those two tracks and make them an extension of The Cool or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom