• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamspy said:
Smh at the Flocka/Gucci hating going on in here. I mean, have you guys even heard the whole albums? Are you in the target demographic?

Ask yourself these questions and please post the answers so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.

1. Is there bang in your trunk? If so, how much? No
2. Do you intoxicate yourself daily? No
3. Blunts or rolling papers? Neither
4. Last time you're got head? Virgin
5. How much jewelery do you own? None
6. What cut of jeans do you wear? Long ones, baggy but not too baggy
7. Do you consider Eminem or Lupe Fiasco the greatest MC ever? No
8. How many guns do you own? None
9. What's the longest blade you own? A 10 inch kitchen knife
10. Did you get into rap when the Slim Shady LP came out? No, grew up on the Juice Crew and Run DMC thanks to my dad

EDIT:

Whatchu say about 2 Live Crew DskillzHTown??????????????

Do I pass the test?

TheOddOne

Been listening to old KRIT stuff.

l_76fb513aa6e444dfa61048ec61244ec1.jpg

He done changed up for good.

Kyzer said:
Hey guys I just dropped my first mixtape (Hotboxing The Universe) and made a thread so I could get feedback, so if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think that'd be tight.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430536

and heres the mixtape

http://www.datpiff.com/Kyzer-Hotboxing-The-Universe-mixtape.230059.html

Also, I posted this more than once a long time ago...but I'm looking for good producers who could make cool anime and/or video game inspired hip hop beats! Didnt make the cut I guess for Hotboxing The Universe but I would still love to collab with some of NeoGAFs finest..
You sound exactly like Common on Hydro City Fire.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dope4goldrope said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but, here's the confirmed producer list of people they've worked with on the next Slaughterhouse album (so far).

Eminem
Dr. Dre
Alchemist
Just Blaze
Boi1da
Alex The Kid

No I.D.
Mr. Porter
Araab Muzik

Looks like shit is going to get interesting!
This album is going to be awesome. Not sure about Slaughterhouse on the bolded though.

Em And Royce on RapFix live.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
TheOddOne said:
Been listening to old KRIT stuff.

l_76fb513aa6e444dfa61048ec61244ec1.jpg

He done changed up for good.

Yeah if he was still using album covers like that I'd probably never have given him a listen. Cover just screams "low rent generic bullshit".

Back when I still smoked weed, one album stood tall above all others as the greatest album to listen to while getting high, Cypress Hill - Temples of Boom.
Just an epic album for those who are mentally altered.

siddx

enzo_gt said:
This album is going to be awesome. Not sure about Slaughterhouse on the bolded though.

That slaugtherhouse track "sun doobie" was produced by Mr.Porter and imo is the standout track on the EP.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
That slaugtherhouse track "sun doobie" was produced by Mr.Porter and imo is the standout track on the EP.
I certainly enjoyed it, but I find Mr. Porter pretty hit or miss overall. That's why I doubt him.

In the Em & Royce interview (which is just prerecorded clips, but Slaughterhouse will be on later), they're confirming Havoc, Bangladesh, Mr. Porter, Khalil. Sid Rhomes (sp?) will be the only producers of the album and no Dre on Hell: The Sequel. Dre didn't give em beats cause he's focusing on Detox. Em playing damage control about Detox.

They were shooting the Fast Lane video, hype.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EschatonDX said:
you make more money...when you fuck with mr porter..

excited to hear slaughter over some just blaze and alchemist.
Yup, these are the two I'm most excited for too. I think I mentioned a few pages ago more Slaughterhouse on these two would be sick.

What would be even more sick is if Dre executive produced the entire album. Best case scenario.

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
At least Flocka doesn't make every single album about KIM. Fuck, that must be the greatest pussy know to mankind. On the reals. Flocka is party music, Em is on some Linkin Park shit. End of story, I like to have fun when I listen to my music. Em is overrated like Alicia Keys as a singer song-writer, okay.

siddx

BlackBeltBambi said:
At least Flocka doesn't make every single album about KIM. Fuck, that must be the greatest pussy know to mankind. On the reals. Flocka is party music, Em is on some Linkin Park shit. End of story, I like to have fun when I listen to my music. Em is overrated like Alicia Keys as a singer song-writer, okay.

I'm pretty sure we've moved past this stupid fucking argument, but thanks anyways.

SUPREME1

Banned
BlackBeltBambi said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

PBY

Banned
BlackBeltBambi said:
suuuuuuuuuuuuuure brah

Recon

Banned
BlackBeltBambi said:

Suuuuure...

overcast

BlackBeltBambi said:
Jesus christ man. Give it a rest. We get it.

This argument was hilarious to watch though.

nns3d

So I'm reading up on the M. Bone thing, it is true that the guy got hit up by someone in an ice cream truck? I don't wanna get my facts wrong, but if it's true then damn...

EDIT: as far as Roots albums go, the only one I've listened to is Things Fall Apart.

HiResDes

overcast

HiResDes said:
Hold on for a second...Are you telling me you never heard this:

284412_1425x1425.jpg

...It's every bit as good as any single Blu release, maybe even better actually.
I have no clue who this is, but I'm getting it since you stated that.

Afrocentric, you should definitely explore more of the discography of The Roots.

effzee

enzo_gt said:
I certainly enjoyed it, but I find Mr. Porter pretty hit or miss overall. That's why I doubt him.

In the Em & Royce interview (which is just prerecorded clips, but Slaughterhouse will be on later), they're confirming Havoc, Bangladesh, Mr. Porter, Khalil. Sid Rhomes (sp?) will be the only producers of the album and no Dre on Hell: The Sequel. Dre didn't give em beats cause he's focusing on Detox. Em playing damage control about Detox.

They were shooting the Fast Lane video, hype.

Why are they making a video for that? Its not even a full length album and videos barely get any play anywhere now.

Who is Sid Rhomes?

kamspy

that's a hard question.

I wanna say illadelph, and a I wanna say Things Fall Apart, and I wanna give Rising Down love because it doesn't get enough.

Esch

Banned
overcast said:
I got you, dope album for sure. Just, they have so much quality. Hard to say one is just way better than the other.

Agreed that they may have the best discography.

for what it's worth I listen to illadelph just as much...it just happens that do you want more is one of the first HH albums i ever owned and i feel like it gets slept on a lot, so i try and give it some love

as for best discog... Wu still has collectively the best body of work in hip hop, hard to think of the "solo" shit as being solo when they're really just handing the reins off to one guy and almost everyone gets in on it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
effzee said:
Why are they making a video for that? Its not even a full length album and videos barely get any play anywhere now.

Who is Sid Rhomes?
It's Eminem. They also talk about how Recovery is the highest selling digital album ever. He puts out a video for that shit, tells people to buy it on iTunes at the end, and bam 200k sales guaranteed at least. You better believe an Eminem record will sell even more with that extra push of marketing. Plus it's a really good song. Slaughterhouse was there too for the shoot.

No idea who this guy is, probably improper spelling/hearing on my part, was hoping some more knowledgeable gaffer could clarify, but they said that's all the producers on the album.

illadelph

You could definitely argue for the Wu, they have a ton of great albums....I just feel that the roots have a better batting average or shooting percentage so to speak

HiResDes

illadelph said:
You could definitely argue for the Wu, they have a ton of great albums....I just feel that the roots have a better batting average or shooting percentage so to speak
The Roots have a better discography for sure, as it would be unfair to count the Wu solo albums.

I think you could make an argument for Ghostface Killah or the Cunninlynguists at this point.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
HiResDes said:
Hold on for a second...Are you telling me you never heard this:

284412_1425x1425.jpg

...It's every bit as good as any single Blu release, maybe even better actually.
i remb someone posting this, never got a chance to check it out.

PBY

Banned
illadelph said:
Roots are way more consistent, but theyve never reached the heights of the best of the Wu tang. 36 Chambers is untouchable, only illmatic is in its league imho

siddx

I've posted about this guy before but this stupid fucking song got stuck in my head today so...

He is the WHITEST fucking rapper ever. He doesn't take himself seriously at all but still...damn.
My girl, she be doing YOGA

Also, is it getting time for a new thread? The OP isn't even around anymore. If we do make a new one, I vote HiRes makes it since he has the highest post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom