• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
We gotta get dat 20k before we start a new thread. It's an achievement.

We could start up some more Lupe>Flocka/Gucci, Flocka/Gucci>Lupe debate, that should be good for another 50 posts.

CRS

siddx said:
Also, is it getting time for a new thread? The OP isn't even around anymore. If we do make a new one, I vote HiRes makes it since he has the highest post count.
It should also have a GAF-Hop Guide to Hip-Hop. It could have a list of "must listen to" albums, some of GAF-Hop's favorite artists/albums, and "if you like this artist listen to this artist" sorta deal. Would help with people asking they should listen to.

An example:
GAF-Hop's Favorite Albums and/or Artists
  • HiResDes
    • Album/Artist 1
    • Album/Artist 2
    • Album/Artist 3
  • siddx
    • Album/Artist 1
    • Album/Artist 2
    • Album/Artist 3

Artists
  • <Artist>
    Recommended Albums:
    • Album 1
    • Album 2
    Notable Songs:
    • Song 1
    • Song 2
    Similar artists:
    • Artist 1
    • Artist 2

Must Listen To Albums
  • Album 1
  • Album 2
  • Album 3

kamspy

Does anyone really read OPs of megathreads though? Seems like a lot of work on the OP with little gain. Maybe some lurkers can chime in to say if they checkout out the OP anytime lately.

Next OP we just put a big ass picture of 36 chambers up and let the thread roll from there.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
kamspy said:
I want L.U.P.E. vs N.O.R.E.

Everyone loses :(

We should start rating rappers. That will be good for 20 pages of arguments and accusations.

Nas
Delivery - 9
Lyricism - 9
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 3
Charisma - 1

Lupe
Delivery - 7
Lyricism - 7
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 5
Charisma - 4

Wacka Flocka Flame
Delivery - 0
Lyricism - 0
Content - 0
Beat Selection - 9
Charisma - 7

Jay Z
Delivery - 5
Lyricism - 5
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 7
Charisma - 7

Ghostface
Delivery - 5
Lyricism - 8
Content - 6
Beat Selection - 6
Charisma - 9

Method Man
Delivery - 8
Lyricism - 7
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 5
Charisma - 8

Eminem (now)
Delivery - 4
Lyricism - 6
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 7
Charisma - 7

Eminem (then)
Delivery - 9
Lyricism - 9
Content - 8
Beat Selection - 8
Charisma - 9

Kanye
Delivery - 6
Lyricism - 3
Content - 4
Beat Selection - 3(now) 9(then)
Charisma - 8

BIG
Delivery - 9
Lyricism - 8
Content - 8
Beat Selection - 8
Charisma - 9

2Pac
Delivery - 10
Lyricism - 6
Content - 9
Beat Selection - 5
Charisma - 10

Wiz
Softness - 10
Hardness - 0

CRS

siddx said:
Everyone loses :(

We should start rating rappers. That will be good for 20 pages of arguments and accusations.

Wacka Flocka Flame
Delivery - 0
Lyricism - 0
Content - 0
Beat Selection - 9
Charisma - 7

Wiz
Softness - 10
Hardness - 0
Hahaha.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if people in here are going to get salty about my opinions, it may as well be the two dudes in the thread who I find the most loathsome.

I think Rich Boy is better than Gucci, Waka, Lil B, and Lupe. I don't really love Nas or Biggie. I love some Jay-Z and Wu Tang stuff but some of it is pretty shitty. You guys are so easy to rile up.

Anyway, Waka's delivery is definitely higher than a 0. Dude sounds like he's going to pass out he's so hype when he's dropping those ad libs. Shit on his content & mic skills, but the dude has crazy swag.

HiResDes

This particular thread is basically my home button for browsing GAF, so you better get used to me, or hit that ignore button and be forced to miss half of the posts made in the entire thread...LOL

Edit: If we were really going to tackle Siddx rating system, I feel as if flow should have its own separate category.

overcast

Lambtron said:
I guess if people in here are going to get salty about my opinions, it may as well be the two dudes in the thread who I find the most loathsome.

I think Rich Boy is better than Gucci, Waka, Lil B, and Lupe. I don't really love Nas or Biggie. I love some Jay-Z and Wu Tang stuff but some of it is pretty shitty. You guys are so easy to rile up.

Anyway, Waka's delivery is definitely higher than a 0. Dude sounds like he's going to pass out he's so hype when he's dropping those ad libs. Shit on his content & mic skills, but the dude has crazy swag.
You said Rich boy is better than Lupe? THE FUCK? Why is he even in that sentence? Damn.

HiResDes

You know, I think this is the first time Yoda and I have ever been paired together...Yoda's good people, I love the guy, but our tastes our completely different usually. It's kinda funny that Lambtron said that

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Wait, Lambtron is serious?
Rich Boy is way underrated. He's cranked out close to half a dozen killer tapes in a row. His debut album is spotty but the highlights are killer.

This Lupe song is fine, but that Rich Boy song basically makes me want to wild out and flip my desk upside down.

ReconYoda said:
I like Rich Boy, i really like that song. But that did nothing to help your "case". Besides, the kind of music Lupe and Rich Boy make might as well be different genres, they are just so damn far apart content wise.
I was initially making a smart ass remark to a smart ass post. I said I liked Rich Boy more than all the guys listed because I've been sitting here blasting Rich Boy at full volume for the last hour. Dude thought I was joking about liking Rich Boy, and I made another smart ass remark.

Anyway, rap taste: SRS BSNS.

GamerSoul

Lil Wayne
Delivery - 8
Lyricism - 2
Content - 2
Beat Selection - 8
Charisma - 9

Kid Cudi(now) :(
Delivery - 3
Lyricism - 3
Content - 5
Beat Selection - 4
Charisma - 5

Busta Rhymes
Delivery - 10
Lyricism - 9
Content - 8
Beat Selection - 8
Charisma - 9

making up stats is harder than it looks.

overcast

Lambtron said:
Rich Boy is way underrated. He's cranked out close to half a dozen killer tapes in a row. His debut album is spotty but the highlights are killer.

This Lupe song is fine, but that Rich Boy song basically makes me want to wild out and flip my desk upside down.
Yeah man. Song is nowhere close to Rich Boy. Not even close. Come on.

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
You know, I think this is the first time Yoda and I have ever been paired together...Yoda's good people, I love the guy, but our tastes our completely different usually. It's kinda funny that Lambtron said that

I almost posted that same thing, i was like " me and hires? " lol. But yea, we both have differing tastes in hip hop, but i respect the hell outta ya because i know you got love for the music, and so do I.

CRS

Lambtron said:

But to say he's better than Big, Nas, Jay-Z, Nas, Wu, and
Lupe
is ridiculous. It's your opinion and all but damn.

HiResDes

Rich Boy is not underrated, you're not trolling anyone...He's not even in the same shitty tier as somebody like Flocka. However, when you say Rich Boy > Wu-Tang that's basically like committing GAF-HOP treason. Shit is unforgivable in my book, near blasphemous, even as a joke

HiResDes

Well if you're gonna troll I expect to be entertained...Which is why Siddx can say whatever the fuck he wants without irritating me.

overcast

Lambtron said:
Again, rap taste: Serious Fucking Business.
I mean you didn't expect the Neogaf hip hop thread to respect what you said did you?
Lambtron said:
I was initially making a smart ass remark to a smart ass post. I said I liked Rich Boy more than all the guys listed because I've been sitting here blasting Rich Boy at full volume for the last hour. Dude thought I was joking about liking Rich Boy, and I made another smart ass remark.
I did think you were joking. Why wouldn't I?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
overcast said:
I did think you were joking. Why wouldn't I?
Sigh. This is what I'm saying about Rich Boy.

Anyway guys we can discuss all sorts of real serious hip hop records once one comes out that holds my attention for more than 3 listens. Hopefully Roughneck Jihad finishes the new Third Sight album soon and I'm not the only one to listen to it.

CRS

You said that Rich Boy is better than the rappers you listed. That's what people are reacting to. So what if you listen to Rich Boy. Not everyone here has the same taste.

What about the title for the new thread?

"GAF-Hop: Official 2011+ Thread of the Study of Dreams, Based Gods, and Wolf Gangs."?

DominoKid

If youre gonna play "rate that rapper" you should probably have a stat that relates to the ability to make a great song.

all the technical ability in the world doesnt mean shit if you dont make good songs

siddx

If you go into a movies thread and talk about Soul Plane being better than say The Godfather and other movies the majority of people consider classics, or you go into a hot women thread and proclaim rosie o'donnel a fine piece of ass who is more bangable than 90% of the women already posted, you can expect people to assume you are either trolling or a god damn crackhead. So why would you not expect people to assume the same thing in here? Nobody is planning to track you down and punch you in the head, it's not as serious as you are making it out to be. You are free to have whatever tastes suit you, but to express opinions or tastes that are so against the majority and not expect people to call you out on it is either naive or stupid. When I say something of that sort (not liking ghostface for instance) I know damn well I am in a minority and people are right to think I am weird.

Acid08

Banned
siddx said:
If you go into a movies thread and talk about Soul Plane being better than say The Godfather and other movies the majority of people consider classics, or you go into a hot women thread and proclaim rosie o'donnel a fine piece of ass who is more bangable than 90% of the women already posted, you can expect people to assume you are either trolling or a god damn crackhead. So why would you not expect people to assume the same thing in here? Nobody is planning to track you down and punch you in the head, it's not as serious as you are making it out to be. You are free to have whatever tastes suit you, but to express opinions or tastes that are so against the majority and not expect people to call you out on it is either naive or stupid. When I say something of that sort (not liking ghostface for instance) I know damn well I am in a minority and people are right to think I am weird.
Man, what the fuck?

siddx

DominoKid said:
If youre gonna play "rate that rapper" you should probably have a stat that relates to the ability to make a great song.

all the technical ability in the world doesnt mean shit if you dont make good songs

Good point, Chino XL and Canibus lament this fact.

Acid08 said:

lol

I'd go with
Gaf-Hop: Official 2011 Thread of raising money to buy Kamspy a new minivan
or
Gaf-Hop: Official 2011 Thread of ignoring mixtape recommendations
or
Gaf-Hop: Official 2011 Thread of Wiz Charmin Ultra is softer than a live duck with a kitten shoved up it's ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom