• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I want to believe that Kreayshawn stuff just a self aware joke. That beat is pretty damn nice and it's somewhat funny so I want to like it. But if those girls are 100% serious....

also, better than lil b.

I gotta say, it's pretty surreal seeing this Bad Meets Evil project coming together. I was waiting for it 10 years ago, then I figured it would never happen, now it's just weird.

HiResDes

Skeme_Statement_Front.jpg
Skeme_Statement_Back.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

...It's good and shit

Edit: Also about to finally cop Pledge and Erk Tha Jerk's Nerd's Eye View (Deluxe)

siddx

Skeme tape is good. Production is very much on point, he is a decent lyricist, but I fucking hate the way he raps. Very monotone and his voice grates. Still worth a download though.

HiResDes

It's just simply hype music with incredible production...Fucking perfect for blasting in the whip, he's like a smarter, more advanced version of Plies.

Kyzer

Banned
I think the Drake song was GREAT and Im not a big fan of Drake...the man killed it...stuck to the title of his song well...which I respect a lot because most artists these days just talk about random stuff line by line and no song is really a good concept

TheOddOne

Hahah that Drake song got blocked because Youtube says its spam, malpratice and commercially misleading subject matter. That what I atleast get in the Netherlands.

HiResDes

Kyzer said:
I think the Drake song was GREAT and Im not a big fan of Drake...the man killed it...stuck to the title of his song well...which I respect a lot because most artists these days just talk about random stuff line by line and no song is really a good concept
Yeah it's so rare to see a hip-hop artist stick to a concept centered around money, dreams, bitches, and success bringing unhappiness...I really wish guys like Drake, Wiz, Mac Miller, and Kanye would talk about it more

Esch

Banned
i do say, this money has brought me a most unflappable discontent. as an artiste of higher import, nay, of the highest import, i find it difficult to conceptualize my matériel properly at this time. something something i want this forever i can spend whatever on it something

drake-01.jpg

kamspy

HiResDes said:
Yo Kam check out the Skeme, and Trouble if you haven't already...I'm loving Pledge so far, so it's only fair I try to give back.
Downloading Skeme right now. Who what and where is Trouble?

But yo, this Cassie shit has me really curious. Google gives me results from 2009. Someone PM me or shoot me a Steam chat.

siddx

In honor of the weather FINALLY improving up in my neck of the woods, i'm bringing out the "crank up the subs" playlist for the car. Let the summer of trunk rattling commence!

Tech N9ne - Worldwide Choppers
Tha Dogg Pound - Respect
Tha Dogg Pound - What would U do?
Trouble - Yeen Heard?
Tyler The Creator - Transylvania
UGK - Front back and side to side
UGK - Protect and serve
DJ Quik - Dollaz n Sense
DJ Quik - Fandango
Wacka Flocka Flame - Live by the gun
WC - 100% legit
WC - Dub C
Westside Connection - The gangsta, the killa, and the dope dealer
Yelawolf - Pop the trunk
Yelawolf - Good to go
Yelawolf - FU
Yelawolf - Box Chevy
Young Buck - Shorty wanna ride
Big Boi - General Patton
Big Krit - My sub
Bone Thugs - 1st of the month
The Coup - Pimps
Crooked I - Everythang
Dead Prez - Hip Hop
Bishop Lamont, Xzibit, Crooked I, Jelly Roll - Blow Yo Mind (more)
E-40 - Show me what U workin with
E-40 - Beastin'
Freddie Gibbs - Born 2 roll
Game - Do it BIG
Gilbert Forte - Burn me down
Ice Cube - How to survive in south central
Joell Ortiz - Oh
Kurupt - Callin out names
League of extraordinary G'z - Bully Basics
Lil Wayne - 6'7
Mike Schpitz - Same song
Neako - Hello
Nipset Hussle - Mr Untouchable
Outkast - Aint no thang
Pac Div - Still a knucklehead
Rittz - Hi Five
Skuf'l - Stop sign
Lil Jon - What u gon do

Lets hear it Gaf, more songs made to annoy other people as you drive by. I need to keep filling out of playlist.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx, I get in those moods too. You have a good list already, so here are a few that are sure to piss off the people in front of you at the light.

Young Jeezy ft. Bun B - Trap or Die
Lil Keke ft. Scarface - I'm a G
A-Town Playas - True Playas (Instrumental)
Snoop Dogg - Ego Trippin
B.O.B ft. a bunch of fools - Higher
Propain - Say I Won't
Rick Ross ft. Clipse - B.L.O.W.
Killer Mike - Dueces Wild

siddx

HiResDes said:

I'mma blast this as I roll through the gated communities with the windows down.

dskillzhtown said:
siddx, I get in those moods too. You have a good list already, so here are a few that are sure to piss off the people in front of you at the light.

Young Jeezy ft. Bun B - Trap or Die
Lil Keke ft. Scarface - I'm a G
A-Town Playas - True Playas (Instrumental)
Snoop Dogg - Ego Trippin
B.O.B ft. a bunch of fools - Higher
Propain - Say I Won't
Rick Ross ft. Clipse - B.L.O.W.
Killer Mike - Dueces Wild

Excellent, adding them all.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:
I'mma blast this as I roll through the gated communities with the windows down.

Excellent, adding them all.

That A-Town Playas song was one I played a 2:15 am every week on my radio show in Austin. I called it the "Crusing the parking lot" anthem.

SUPREME1

Banned
illadelph said:
In honor of a legend that passed today :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo392aELFQQ

Went out to lunch just a bit ago, aware of Macho's passing, and I was listening to Shade45...

RudeJude and whoever esle was on the air were getting drunk and talking about how great Macho was. I looooved it. I was feeling down before that, but them talking about it and also shouting out "REST IN PEACE MACHO MAN!!" over tracks was fucking awesome.

RIP MACHO MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom