• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Kyzer said:
So since I'm new here...where are you guys from? And what do you guys think of Wale?
I've moved about 20 times in my short life (Just turned 18 yesterday). My family is not the most well constructed. But that's another story. I'm from Pasadena/Temecula California (Temecula for my past 5 years, Pasadena for my early life).

I absolutely love Wale's mixtapes, I just never got around to the album because of the negative impressions.

Recon

Banned
Ive been in Michigan my entire life(I will be 25 on may 29) and i can honestly say i hate it so much. When i finish my undergrad im moving out of state to start my graduate, i wont be here much longer. I love Wales Seinfeld mixtapes and his album( i thought back to the feature was weak). I think Shades was such a good song off of Attention Deficit.

kamspy said:
Who is this Cage person?

The other White Rapper (besides Vanilla Ice). Used to be signed to El-P's Def Jux. Used to be a member of the Weathermen.

Peep the albums I recommended, and you'll see he's a white Tyler er white rapper espousing on drugs, violence, family, etc. Hell's Winter is awesome and Movies for the Blind were cooo.

kamspy

The last Cage I heard of was the horrible dude who looks like Seal and was trying to sell those "STOP THE VIOLENCE" records after Pac and Big died.

IrishNinja

i get kams on having your fill of an artist, particularly certain styles - i love DOOM but can feel that way @ him sometimes (given that his last struggle/mixtape or whatever was awful), Em is the king of this for me. Recovery wasnt bad, but i couldnt get into it. man, go yell at someone else.

need more of that com/nas track. and since we're playing a/s/l here, MIA-ya-yo, vice city or whatever the cool kids are calling it now. remember us for Luke/2 live crew, not ross or khaled, please.

kamspy

IrishNinja said:
need more of that com/nas track. and since we're playing a/s/l here, MIA-ya-yo, vice city or whatever the cool kids are calling it now. remember us for Luke/2 live crew, not ross or khaled, please.

Please embrace Trick Daddy at least.

kamspy

Trick's got a nice catalog. Haven't heard from him in a while. I bought every album up to the one with In The Wind on it. Trick's a OG.

EDIT: Gucci Mane Return of Mr Zone 6 is perfect date / chillin and drinking music.

m3k

is it cause its kinda lame once you get past a white girl doing bustas verse pretty well? well in an unexpected sortve way

overcast

m3k said:
is it cause its kinda lame once you get past a white girl doing bustas verse pretty well? well in an unexpected sortve way
Meh. I'm not saying it's incredible. I am just watching it because it's a cute chick doing an otherwise bad song well.

kamspy

overcast said:
Lol I remember somebody posting this earlier in the thread. Didn't watch it till now.

Why it's not V-Nasty..

Well, it's not because I don't like her....

I wanna plow the chick from Karmin with the fury of 1000 suns.

I wanna deflower that shit like a drunk gardener on meth.

overcast

kamspy said:
Well, it's not because I don't like her....

I wanna plow the chick from Karmin with the fury of 1000 suns.

I wanna deflower that shit like a drunk gardener on meth.
Well then, we are in complete agreement.

PBY

Banned
acehood1.jpg

http://hulkshare.com/1qz2y0mehj5e

This bangs in the whip- haters can suck it, I love bullshit Florida rap haha. Also, his first album was pretty great, and his second album had some bangers.
HUSTLE HARDDDD

ReconYoda said:
Ive been in Michigan my entire life(I will be 25 on may 29) and i can honestly say i hate it so much. When i finish my undergrad im moving out of state to start my graduate, i wont be here much longer. I love Wales Seinfeld mixtapes and his album( i thought back to the feature was weak). I think Shades was such a good song off of Attention Deficit.

You're a dude right?

Forgot about this one for you mixtape fiends
Wais P-2011
JKNbd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNhCNTgsgVU

Tracklisting said:
01. Take A Vote [It’s In The Game Intro] (prod. by ATG)
02. You See It (prod. by DJ Premier)
03. Oh Baby (prod. by Frequency)
04. I’m A P (prod. by H.A.P.H)
05. Ah Won Too (prod. by The Engineerz DJ Rerok)
06. Pendejo’s (prod. by Sebb Deric “D-Dot” Angelettie)
07. Chasing Diamonds feat. Termanology (prod. by Statik Selektah)
08. Brown Baby (prod. by Team Demo)
09. Catch A Pimps Wave (prod. by Team Demo)
10. Game Claim (prod. by Gadget)
11. Perfect @*#$! ft. Maffew Ragazino Ras Kass (prod. by Shuko)
12 Fifty Ways ft. Paul Simon (prod. by The Engineerz)
13. That Girl Is A Stripper ft. Tone P (prod. C Ballin)
14. Nose Bleed (prod. by DJ Soundtrax)

And some gully shit right here.
Bloodshed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cysPNfRBcH0

illadelph

ReconYoda said:
Edit Edit: This is one of my more favorite songs from Wale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9uYe6QAt8&feature=related

Letter is a really good song, it should have definitely been on the album (there were sample clearance issues I think?)

GAF-HOP got me on that R&B shit right now, I just listened to Frank Ocean and The Weeknd

feeling like adam when he first found out this existed
me and my eve trying out our first positions

LOZLINK

illadelph said:
Letter is a really good song, it should have definitely been on the album (there were sample clearance issues I think?)

GAF-HOP got me on that R&B shit right now, I just listened to Frank Ocean and The Weeknd

feeling like adam when he first found out this existed
me and my eve trying out our first positions
Apparently people were saying Novel's Legato Blues Summer is pretty good.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
OMG! YES! YES! YES!!! What a triumphant return!
Seriously, I'm in the process of trying to cop all of those suggestions, and theyre all amazing

All we need is Enzo back so balance in the GAF Hop universe can be restored, as of now, the Conway/Kanye ratio is off.

HiResDes

COVER.jpg

01. Who Da Neighbours – Juicy J
02. Hypa – Trae Tha Truth
03. Mask & Glock – SNO
04. Tupac Back – Meek Mill feat. Rick Ross
05. Show Money – Future and Young Scooter
06. SVCK V DICK FXR 2011 – SPCVXGHXZTPVRRP
07. Cocaine Runners – Waka Flocka Flame, Cartel and P. Smurf
08. Meet Me In The Tunnel – Mo Pain feat. Young Jeezy and Chubby Baby
09. Pills, Weed and Pussy – Project Pat
10. Inkredible Pt. 2 – Trae Tha Truth feat. Rick Ross
11. 600 Benz – Wale feat. Rick Ross and Jadakiss
12. Driveby Music – S.L. Jones and Errol Westbrook
13. Money Mane (Remix) – Project Pat feat. Tity Boi and Tatala Licius
14. Pancakes – Gucci Mane feat. Waka Flocka Flame and 8Ball
15. Zan & Lean (Remix) – Soulja Boy
16. Let's Get It – Plies
17. Bill Bellamy – Lil B
18. Laid Back – Rapid Ric

DOWNLOAD LINK

...Can't wait to throw a party and put on SVCK V DICK 2011

kamspy

I just sat down and genuinely tried to dig Bar Exam III. Headphones, tagless version. Didn't get it. I laughed out loud during the acapella. Is it me or is he jocking scremienem on this tape? Well, I tried. And the features. Oh my god the features. If it's not someone you've heard of, hide your ears. Skinny Jeans was the high point. He's not a bad singer.

LOZLINK

kamspy said:
I just sat down and genuinely tried to dig Bar Exam III. Headphones, tagless version. Didn't get it. I laughed out loud during the acapella. Is it me or is he jocking scremienem on this tape? Well, I tried. And the features. Oh my god the features. If it's not someone you've heard of, hide your ears. Skinny Jeans was the high point. He's not a bad singer.
KID VISHIS

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:

I have to be honest, i only really like Royce when hes with Em, and im only hyped for Bad Meets Evil is because Em is with Royce. The combination just works for me. Thats my hype music, along with Tylers' Goblin. I listened to that before playing basketball and i was so hyped!

Royce is one of the most one dimensional, overrated rappers of all time. Lyrically he boils down to various references to how big his gun or dick is, and he's so cocky I can't help but hold him to a higher standard; dude acts like he's some great rapper, well I'm gonna expect him to be one.

Even he has admitted his shit is one dimensional, and claims he's making an introspective/personal album now. Meh, whatever. Every now and then he spits some great battle rhymes but that's about all he's good for.

Bar Exam III was a waste of iPod space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom