• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
the only thing i have of royce left is death is certain and slaughterhouse/some features

dude just doesnt have anything to rap about

PBY

Banned
Still a huge Royce fan, although I agree that his subject matter is very very limited- hes just a great battle/punchline rapper.

kamspy

Remember when this shit came out and nothing else mattered for like 2 years?
bhohx.jpg

illadelph

The King - This is the Royce I fucks with. His punchlines nowadays usually sound terrible and forced. I agree that he's at his best when he's with Em, I'm on the Bad Meets Evil hype train...

GODDAMN that DMX album was nuts

kamspy

illadelph said:
GODDAMN that DMX album was nuts

The best thing I did all day was think to put this album on a few minutes ago. I highly recommend it. The production, the whole vibe of the album. This was my SHIT when it came out. I know every word. Every adlib.

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
While were on the subject of Royce, I feel like I had to post this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFJZhCqlE2c

Its Fast Lane, but the version with Chamillionaire. I hadn't seen it posted here, but GODDAM I think its way better than the original. Em should put this version on the album, Cham kills his verses

I get so much shit for being a Cham fan, but i think his flow is almost perfect, and his ability to craft a song is just great.

Favorite Cham song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPuxMIo0-Q

illadelph

Cham is a beast on the mic and knows how to write a great song, as long as he stays away from the Good Morning "saying hi to my haters" type shit. I've always liked the dude.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
The best thing I did all day was think to put this album on a few minutes ago. I highly recommend it. The production, the whole vibe of the album. This was my SHIT when it came out. I know every word. Every adlib.

I always go back to it too. Some of the best skits/intros too. Love the beat on the intro. Stop Being Greedy is still my favorite DMX song.

Kamspy and I were just talking about how Gaf-Hop fucking hates Cham and thinks he's corny. Dude is great, fuck all haters. He can rap circles around most rappers.

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
I always go back to it too. Some of the best skits/intros too. Love the beat on the intro. Stop Being Greedy is still my favorite DMX song.

Kamspy and I were just talking about how Gaf-Hop fucking hates Cham and thinks he's corny. Dude is great, fuck all haters. He can rap circles around most rappers.

Its a shame that we wont ever get Venom unless it somehow leaks.

illadelph

I always wanna bump It's Dark and Hell is Hot when I'm driving around my neighborhood on a really rainy, shitty day. It's great for working out too, it makes you wanna break a bitch's face

IrishNinja

who dick you suckin? lyin, you lyin to me B (?)

i can't hate on cham. when i was living in texas, someone bumped this in the albertsons parking lot. l actually knocked on dude's window to ask for the name/track, think i interrupted dude's smoke but he was cool, haha.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kyzer said:
So since I'm new here...where are you guys from? And what do you guys think of Wale?

Late on the reply but I spent the whole day drinking and moving furniture.

White Jewish kid born in India and raised in Japan, El Salvador, Nepal, Indonesia, and Argentina. Live in Maine currently after spending time in Florida, Indiana, and Seattle.

I have no problem with Wale but I find him boring 90% of the time.

PBY

Banned
siddx said:
Late on the reply but I spent the whole day drinking and moving furniture.

White Jewish kid born in India and raised in Japan, El Salvador, Nepal, Indonesia, and Argentina. Live in Maine currently after spending time in Florida, Indiana, and Seattle.

I have no problem with Wale but I find him boring 90% of the time.
I feel the same way about Wale mostly, not sure how I feel about his new MMG persona.

And I'm Cuban born in Miami.

LOZLINK

From Canada, live in Sydney.
I was pretty hyped for wale's debut, but pretty disappointing overall. Overall, I find him to a pretty good rapper. Agree on no rap gets played on the radio

The new tracks on Mood Muzik 4.5 are great. Dreamerz (the song from the trailer) is 8 minutes and a has a ~3 minute breakdown/guitar solo, and Downfall sounds better than it did before. So good.

EDIT: I don't see how The Great Escape wouldn't have been his best project so far hearing these tracks.

MickD

IrishNinja said:
who dick you suckin? lyin, you lyin to me B (?)

i can't hate on cham. when i was living in texas, someone bumped this in the albertsons parking lot. l actually knocked on dude's window to ask for the name/track, think i interrupted dude's smoke but he was cool, haha.

Better Screwed :p

(third coast reppin)

Daps

peterb0y said:
I feel the same way about Wale mostly, not sure how I feel about his new MMG persona.

And I'm Cuban born in Miami.
I thought you was a gringo, lol. Anyway, I'm from Harlem, NY. I'm half Dominican and half sexy, SWAG#

LOZLINK said:
Indeed it was. Have you been lurking this thread Shinobi? If so, opinions on rich boy vs lupe.
They're not even in the same realm. To tell you the truth, I don't even think Lupe knows wtf he's doing. Lupe is still trying to find himself as a artist. In this digital era, is very easy to experiment with the "Mixtape" scene. But, he's not willing to put the effort into it. Lupe's ego, got him thinking hes a legend already after "Kick-Push" Put it like this, Lazy Fiasco wants to be like hes fake big bother, Conway West. Besides that, when lupe makes a classic track, is a motherfucking CLASSIC track, I give him that.

Rich Boy knows what type of artist he is. Great ear for beats, and a solid flow. I enjoy his music for what it is. Club shit that gets me hype, nuff said.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm sure I'm late on this, but is GLAAD retarded (in regards to speaking out against Tyler)? Did they learn nothing from Eminem's success?

Throavium

Kimosabae said:
Hail_Mary_Mallon-Are_You_Gonna_Eat_That.jpg

I've been listening to this shit the passed few weeks, everyday, like the shit just dropped last night.

Yeah, I only listened to it because I haven't heard new Aesop Rock rhymes in quite some time.

Kimosabae said:
I'm sure I'm late on this, but is GLAAD retarded (in regards to speaking out against Tyler)? Did they learn nothing from Eminem's success?

They don't realize they have no impact on an artist like Tyler who doesn't rely on a bunch of advertisers. I think Tyler has done some stuff for Xbox, and I doubt they'd drop him over this "controversy." He's a dumbass 19 year old who wants to stir controversy. Ignore him and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom