• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vortx Of Distorsun-Children Of The Sun-2011
IdHRF.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. I Got To Go
02. Earn Concern
03. Slept On
04. Hindsight feat. Ari Hotep
05. Is Was
06. Vortex (Interlude)
07. All Yall Lil Kids
08. Projects Experiments
09. My Daily
10. Not Done Yet
11. Eyes Wide Open

This album right here is very chill, like weed music chill. This is a record you let rock while getting head from your shorty. With the Chill Jazz sampling this guys went with , is obviously this was the tone they wanted for the album, something a lot of artist forget this days when putting a album together. Getting a tone and sound for their album. Very fun album, something your fellow hipster friends would love as well.

SLik d-High Vibes-2011
gU7gsl.jpg

Tracklist said:
01.Limbo
02.On The Pharcyde
03.Happy B Marley
04.Dont Know What To Do Right Now
05.All I Need
06.Clouds (Feat.Trade Voorhees)

Another pothead album. But guess what, I love it. It has this mid 90's carefree sound. Fucking awesome. Love his west coast flow, very old school. And also this album went with this Jazz feel, nothing wrong with that. The opening track is a summer banger indeed.

Loptimist-22 Channels-2007
W3Efp.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN3Ib7qfkLg

Tracklist said:
01. Intro
02. New Vision
03. Black Cancer Feat. Dead P
04. Ocean To Ocean Feat. Unknown Prophets
05. 눈물샘 Feat. 나찰 of 가리온, 대팔
06. WETHEREAL Feat. Phebruary
07. 85 Paradise Feat. Sol Flower
08. Hard Hittin Feat. UnderClassMen
09. Love Feat. BlackLiszt
10. No Doubt Feat. Deepflow
11. Dear.unknown Feat. Wimpy
12. La Repondeur (Interlude) Feat. Deaf Switch & Toon
13. KO Is The Name Feat. The Legendary K.O.
14. Struggle To Rise Feat. Sick Status
15. Nostalgia Feat. Addsp2ch
16. Last For One Feat. 배치기
17. (Loptimistic Remix) Feat. UMC
18. Illest Form Feat. UnderClassMen
19. Coffee Break
20. The Triumph Feat. Simon Dominic
21. Like They Used To Feat. D.Randle of The Legendary K.O.
22. Keep On Rockin Feat. SIDE-B
23. Hidden Agenda Feat. Braille
24. Outro

Korean MC, doing his thing.

Moleman-Lost Sessions-2005
YjNP6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLrxS1rY7I

Tracklist said:
1. Live Yo Life - Shabaam Sadeeq
2. The Illusion - Iomos Marad
3. Violate - L the Head Toucha
4. The Small Things - Capital D
5. Escape Route - Slug
6. Lambslaughter - Prime feat. Slug
7. Yee Haw (rmx) - MF DOOM
8. Divide & Conquer - Jus Allah
9. Can You Relate - Vakill
10. Be What I Wanna Be - Longshot & Rhyme Scheme
11. Eddie Ill & DL Freestyle Wordsworth, Punchline & Invincible
12. With Us - Cage & Copywrite
13. Boston to Chicago - Esoteric
14. Flashes in My Dreams - ALX
15. Roaches in My Eyelids - Thigahmahjiggee
16. Va2k - Vakill
17. 1,000 yd. Stare - Vizion & Visual
18. You Can Try - Apathy, 7l & Esoteric

I can't believe I'm posting one of my trump cards here, lol. This record is one of those that bails me out of my DJ sets at times. Is a good album to play to see what type of hip-hop crowd you have. Put it like this, album bangs from track one till the end. Is that amazing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Tokubetsu said:
Really Ace? You seemed more like a Fireman guy to me, not a lollipop dude.
TheOddOne said:
Lollipop and Mrs. Officer really put that album in a bad light, but the rest is ace though.

I am a DJ too.. and the Carter III was his most complete album.. Also hate on Lollipop all you want but the beat was bananas for a "chick song"

Basically it started the fad of songs like Racks and what not..

Also Carter III is where he made his trollin the world character..

Kimosabae

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
They don't realize they have no impact on an artist like Tyler who doesn't rely on a bunch of advertisers. I think Tyler has done some stuff for Xbox, and I doubt they'd drop him over this "controversy." He's a dumbass 19 year old who wants to stir controversy. Ignore him and move on

This seems so obvious that it feels like I'm missing something. GLAAD is too well-known an organization to see any benefit on their behalf, here. Maybe this isn't political. Maybe this really is just about the principles. But Tyler's such an obvious troll, it almost seems unethical.

He's just a stupid kid with nothing to say, so he says anything. Such a waste of time.

Nitsuj23

Carter I is seemingly underrated here. That along with Carter II, Dedication 2, and Drought 3 are my favorite. There are other random tracks here and there that are just as good, but in terms of his best projects those would be good places to start.

methodman

Banned
this new cole is fucking awesome, but... guy keeps talkin about "haters" in his tracks. cmon man, you haven't even released a cd yet. the newness has dropped, you've gotten a lot of play with a lot of people and now you need to release that cd asap.

cole under pressure, now what that make? diamonds

sick. sooo sick

overcast

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Damn it HiRes. Started listening to Mayer again and have had Green Eyed Love on repeat this whole day.
Just got this album. Expecting some great things since you and Hi res praise it.

CRS

overcast said:
Just got this album. Expecting some great things since you and Hi res praise it.
If you're a fan of soul music, then you'll definitely like it. Make sure you also get his Impressions EP I posted earlier in this page. The entire EP is gold.

RJT

ShinobiFist said:
Moleman-Lost Sessions-2005
YjNP6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLrxS1rY7I
I can't believe I'm posting one of my trump cards here, lol. This record is one of those that bails me out of my DJ sets at times. Is a good album to play to see what type of hip-hop crowd you have. Put it like this, album bangs from track one till the end. Is that amazing.
Man, that track list is amazing. DOOM, Wordsworth & Punchline, Cage, Copywrite, Esoteric, Slug, Apathy... Some of my favorite underground MCs of that time. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: That new Cole is the best tracks I've heard from him. Never loved the mixtapes, but this gives me hope for the album.

"Cole/Coal under pressure, what that makes? Diamonds" is the perfect line to end the track.

HiResDes said:
ShinobiFist and my ears are best friends, but Shinobi and my wallet are a different story...

Fine, here's a solid FREE Mixtape.

Skeem Price-5 Animals Play & Homegrown Radio presents The Hazard Mixtape(2011)
904127123-1.jpg

Download Link

GATS & POUNDS! OMG! GATS & POUNDS! DAT BEAT!

Double D

Kimosabae said:
Hail_Mary_Mallon-Are_You_Gonna_Eat_That.jpg

I've been listening to this shit the passed few weeks, everyday, like the shit just dropped last night.

It's hitting the point where the songs I initially labeled as 'skipable' are hitting regular rotation. Breakdance Beach?

Kimosabae

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
It's hitting the point where the songs I initially labeled as 'skipable' are hitting regular rotation. Breakdance Beach?

Yup.

And Grubstake.

I think Im starting to develop a cohesive theory regarding the concept of this album and how it relates to hip hop.

Anyone else?

Just Jay- Living On Borrowed Beats (2011)
Z9ABa.jpg

TRACKLIST said:
01. Mysterious Vibes (Prod. By Afta-1)
02. Give Em The Heat (Feat. Ezekiel 38) (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
03. Break (Prod. By 100 Akres)
04. Can We (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
05. Never Never (Prod. By Full Crate)
06. The Keeper (Feat. Andreya Triana) (Prod. By Bonobo)
07. Hongry (Prod. By 100 Akres)
08. Hello (Prod. By 14KT)
09. Sonic Controller (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
10. World Full Of Sadness (Prod. By The Roots)
11. Stay With Me (Feat. Natalie Oliveri) (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
12. Going All In (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
13. Rock On (Prod. By Tall Black Guy)
14. Gunmakaz Outro (Prod. By Beat Maker Beat)

World Full Of Saddness
Forget the dope beat and rhymes, that chick in the vid is cute as fuck, damn. I need her.

More tracks from the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NmY0L7NY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUgpe3xu1k

Fuck yo wallet HighRez!

Mr. Brady & Sha Dula - Lava Lamp (2011)
0x8Ei.jpg

TRACKLIST: said:
01 - Get Lost
02 - To Far To Lose
03 - The Struggle (Feat. LMNO)
04 - Things Change
05 - Make It
06 - Something You Can Feel (Feat. Moka Only)
07 - To Far To Lose (Instrumental)
08 - The Struggle (Instrumental)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSHY-HrkyGc

That beat! I need it!

Society Of Shadows - The Age Of Apocalypse (2011)
jnZqel.jpg

TRACKLIST: said:
01. Dogs Of War (Intro)
02. My Point Of View
03. As A Nation
04. Blind Minded (Feat. Lt. Mana)
05. Sinister Ministers
06. Kings (Feat. True Gritt & Matt Maddox)
07. New World Order
08. Euphoric State (Feat. Durdy D)
09. Children Of The Night
10. Strong Arm Robbery (Feat. Copywrite)
11. Verses Of Vulgarity
12. Travel Light (Feat. Pryme Prolifik)
13. Chronicles
14. What Matters Most (Feat. Ms. Iwa)
15. Age Of The Apocalypse
16. Gods Of Raw (Outro)

If you love Jedi Mind Tricks, this album is for you, shit is hard as fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7xxt15laXk

Tokubetsu

http://vimeo.com/24092206

Frank Ocean did it again. Repeat all day. If this is on the Def Jam re-release of Nostalgia, ULTRA...No way I can't not get it now. This is up there with "We All Try" and "American Wedding." This is EXACTLY the kinda shit I want to be hearing from Frank. Dude is totally in his element hear.

Who knew, who knew...

Dare you to find a better song writer than Frank Ocean right now. Jesus. Don't even fucking say it HiRes or so help me god, I will find where you live and me & Kamspy will have you drawn and quartered.

Double D

Can't listen right now (forgot headphones at home), but I'll have to check out that Frank Ocean. Really, though, I have a little bit of a hard time getting into his shit unless it's screwed. I realize this is probably just an issue on my part.

Hey ShinobiFist, can you do this full time? The amount of dope music I get to know is insane. Is it a good year or am I just not good at finding music myself?

eravulgaris said:
Hey ShinobiFist, can you do this full time? The amount of dope music I get to know is insane. Is it a good year or am I just not good at finding music myself?
The thing with me is, I know a lot of DJ's, so we're always networking and sharing tunes. And plus, I have a lot of hip-hop labels, underground or mainstream on my rss feed. I need to be in top of my game when it comes to tunes in the DJ circut. And btw, every year is a good year. Don't worry, I'll keep posting my dude.

Recon

Banned
Frank Ocean will be the biggest thing out of Oddfuture if he plays everything right. He has the credibility from being with a group like OF, and songs appeal to both genders. He is definitely my favorite RnB artist right now.

Recon

Banned
I think its funny that the hipster choice would be the weeknd, and with all the hipster labels he gets, HRD dislikes The Weeknd a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom