• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
It'll probably be just one track that's slated to be on either his 2 Be Continuum project or A Kid Named Scott.

Either way, it'll be great to have new Cudder material.
Is this the name of his third solo project? Or the Wizard Rock album? Or something else?

I'm so out of the loop with CuDi's projects, there are so many names and projects that he's mentioned at one time or another. I'm betting on a mixtape single though.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Shit. There use to be a link in the middle of the page right under the stream.
Been a while since you used Hulkshare, huh? :p

Afrocentric-Asian said:
Is CuDi still working on that rock album or did he scrap it?
enzo_gt said:
Is this the name of his third solo project? Or the Wizard Rock album? Or something else?
Yeah, it's no longer Wizard; the band is called 2 Be Continuum. It's still happening, just like A Kid Named Scott will happen.

A song off of the album isn't so farfetched; he did release RevOfEv before MOTMII came out for free.

Edit: Apparently there will be a delay according to Cudi's tumblr, lol.

HiResDes

Just heard Shabazz Palaces' latest album and was a bit disappointed on first listen, there's too much going on...The genius of their previous albums I believe is how they made all of their experimentations seem natural. The simplicity that made Shabazz Palaces sound so raw is virtually nonexistent on Blackup

DominoKid

HiResDes said:
Just heard Shabazz Palaces' latest album and was a bit disappointed on first listen, there's too much going on...The genius of their previous albums I believe is how they made all of their experimentations seem natural. The simplicity that made Shabazz Palaces sound so raw is virtually nonexistent on Blackup

i've been listening to Black Up for a while and it blew me away. like the first time i heard Madvillainy. i dig that they pushed their style really far for this album.

RE: Cudi delay. typical. rappers hype shit up forever then when its time to show, DELAY! Not Bricksquad though. come 10:17, their shit will be ready to go.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Recon, I got one more brand new beat that might fit.
It's real chill, minimal, has a soft piano, and a harp/sitar/guitar sounding instrument. Only reason I hesitate is because of the second piano I put in the hook. Opinions vary from "it's fine" to "what the fucking fuck is that? It sounds awful". But the rest of the beat imo is fantastic. If you like it enough but are one of the people who can't stand the second piano during the chorus I can just take it out or change it up. Or you can just tell me to burn it and never look back lol, its all good.

ALW

I liked it a lot, i only have one suggestion, the "Harpsichord" i think , can you make that a little more understated? Beyond that, i like it a lot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
Did he sign with Bad Boy?
very-shallow-grave.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ReconYoda said:
I liked it a lot, i only have one suggestion, the "Harpsichord" i think , can you make that a little more understated? Beyond that, i like it a lot.

Thanks for the advice man, I'll definitely work on it when I get a free moment.

siddx

kamspy said:
Damn. Puff gonna G Dep him and Black Rob his ass. smh

Props to the G Dep album though. That shit went hard.

Always liked Black Rob's album more. But both were essentially the last decent thing BadBoy ever did.

kamspy

siddx said:
Always liked Black Rob's album more. But both were essentially the last decent thing BadBoy ever did.

I leaned Dep, but both of them were banging. I thought Bad Boy might come back, but them came Shine. Da wackness..... Shine was worse than awful and proof that Puff signed Dep and Rob with nothing but dumb luck.

The Loon album was even >>>> Shine.

I gotta find that Loon CD I think.

DominoKid

DuFlocka Rant aint really hittin as hard as I expected on first listen.

wtf is Bickin Back Bein Bool anyway.

ClayCo is right though.

siddx

kamspy said:
I leaned Dep, but both of them were banging. I thought Bad Boy might come back, but them came Shine. Da wackness..... Shine was worse than awful and proof that Puff signed Dep and Rob with nothing but dumb luck.

Shit you know Puffy had fuck all to do with signing them. Some A&R dude slipped them in behind puffy's back while he was busy doing blow with Donald Trump and Martha Stewart off some underage chinese hooker's asses. Shyne and Loon were what Diddy really wanted. A Biggie and Mase clone to try to fill in for his lost cash cows.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
enzo_gt said:

yo that Daddy Gettin Money is stupid hawt.. If Diddy gives this guy all of his resources like he is the next Biggie than Bad Boy will produce..

DominoKid

IDK why yall like that Fred The Godson song. The beat is hype but he cant control it. He too weak for it. Prime Dipset would make that shit legendary

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
kamspy said:

Shine's debut album was kinda hot though.

G-Dep's was sick though. He was way too slept on back then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
yo that Daddy Gettin Money is stupid hawt.. If Diddy gives this guy all of his resources like he is the next Biggie than Bad Boy will produce..
Red Cafe is standing in line somewhere with a ticket in his hand for an appointment with success he won't get. Fred the Godson may have just taken the next ticket.

Diddy's too busy sweettalking Ross (edit; and Nicki, but I think he got rejected out of that) of late to care about producing his own artists. When's the last time Diddy went all out trying to support and develop an artist? I don't know if it's that, or if he just signs one trick ponies and delays all their albums indefinitely unless they're blockbusters. How the hell Diddy is still relevant and considered successful in terms of music today, escapes me.

I'm not a fan of Fred the Godson either.

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
Red Cafe is standing in line somewhere with a ticket in his hand for an appointment with success he won't get. Fred the Godson may have just taken the next ticket.

Diddy's too busy sweettalking Ross (edit; and Nicki, but I think he got rejected out of that) of late to care about producing his own artists. When's the last time Diddy went all out trying to support and develop an artist? I don't know if it's that, or if he just signs one trick ponies and delays all their albums indefinitely unless they're blockbusters. How the hell Diddy is still relevant and considered successful in terms of music today, escapes me.

I'm not a fan of Fred the Godson either.

Red Cafe is on 4 labels.. its not Diddy fault about Red Cafe..

Fred the Godson can spit tho...

The M.O.B said:
Kid Cudi - Perfect is the Word

This is the single for Cudi rock album

Since it ain't actually rap, not sure if it even belongs here lol
Cudi, I might have the biggest man crush on you but this is pure asscheeks ontop of ass. My ears are fucking angry at me for listening to this shit. I would have a greater time listening to a white girl peeing into a can of ravioli.

The M.O.B said:
Yeah it is yet another weird case of entertainers not staying in their lane.
Should be in the rapping bible: Never make a "new sounding" rock or electro album. Just don't do it. Leave it for the dudes who know what they're doing.

But, I remember hearing this song when it was called "Runaway." Cudi performed the acapella but I had no idea the actual product would sound so bad.

Blackace

spindashing said:
Should be in the rapping bible: Never make a "new sounding" rock or electro album. Just don't do it. Leave it for the dudes who know what they're doing.

But, I remember hearing this song when it was called "Runaway." Cudi performed the acapella but I had no idea the actual product would sound so bad.

New try anything new!!! RAWR!!

I don't even like Cudi.. But give him credit for trying almost anything..

siddx

Blackace said:
New try anything new!!! RAWR!!

I don't even like Cudi.. But give him credit for trying almost anything..

People need to know their limits. Clearly he has no business making rock music. Instead of wasting our time, his own time, and everyone involved's time...he should be doing what he is good at. If I was Cudi, the minute I heard that song, I would have burned it and sat down to right some more emo rap music instead.

Blackace

siddx said:
People need to know their limits. Clearly he has no business making rock music. Instead of wasting our time, his own time, and everyone involved's time...he should be doing what he is good at. If I was Cudi, the minute I heard that song, I would have burned it and sat down to right some more emo rap music instead.

I agree. But if Lil Wanye can troll the world with a rock album why can't Cudi?

siddx

Blackace said:

Wayne can't, I still owe Wayne for that. I plan on holding his cup of purple drank above his head and watch his midget ass jump around trying to get it back. I figure if he made me suffer, I can do the same.

siddx said:
Some of the music he raps/sings to has rock influences and came out to be so much better than whatever that was.

Blackace said:
I thank Rebirth for Drop the World, but that's just about it.

Also Lupe did the whole rock thing. That didn't work out either...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's nothing wrong with experimentation with new sounds, that's how we get unique sounds and refreshing music afterall, but this seems like a case of yes-men though really. Integrating rock into hip hop isn't a sin by default, all of you can provide countless examples yourself of it being well done.

But CuDi songs lately are missing what made A KiD Named CuDi and MotM1 so memorable and magical really. CuDi put his life out there as it is, and for lack of better words, was on some real shit. MotM2 was much darker and less real, and less quality. The lonely stoner became the lonely cokehead and now he's just.. a confused sober. He's not the same person he established himself as, and doesn't seem to want to make the same music either.

siddx

Yes, I agree, nothing wrong with experimenting and trying something new. But so many artists seem to lack the ability to set aside ego and acknowledge when they have shit the bed and made an audio abortion. I have a ridiculous ego and yet 80% of the beats I make end up deleted because I can recognize when I have failed and created something nobody should ever hear.

What a shame rappers blame the fans whenever their shitty "left field" attempt is received poorly. Seems like Blu is next up; NoYork is going to be a piece of shit

The M.O.B

Kid Cudi's Twitter said:
If you want my old shit, buy my old albums....Im moving forward, all w/ me LETS GO! Life is about evolving, which is why im successful. P&L

...................On May 31st, the one known as Kid Cudi evolved and subsequently his popularity faded. R.I.P.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom