• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Bad_Boy said:
at least the roster is better than jay-z's roc nation.

i mean theres j cole, who is an amazing artist. and then theres will smiths daughter. :lol

Will Smith's daughter will probably do 10x what Mos does. That's being nice to Mos. I mean, to me the roster is great, but it's not a group of artists you're going to make much money with.

hie

kamspy said:
Will Smith's daughter will probably do 10x what Mos does. That's being nice to Mos. I mean, to me the roster is great, but it's not a group of artists you're going to make much money with.

well...I'd rather listen to Mos Def, but that's just me.

Ashhong said:
Can someone explain what being on GOOD means? I mean, they are still on Def Jam as well arent they? Lupe used to be in Atlantic and GOOD wasnt he? Seemed like GOOD was just a group like G-unit or something

G.O.O.D Music is Kanye's Record Label or "Imprint", That is Singed and Distrubted Through Def Jam/Universal

Oh Yeah. Lloyd Banks & Nas are going to be on a good friday song with kanye

Long But Good Lloyd Banks XXL interview where he says it

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9895913

Here is a summary for people who don't want to watch.

• New Single In about a week
  • Street Bangers will also follow after the single, Not Doing a "V6" Mixtape
  • Did 3 songs with Raekown (1 For his album & 2 for Rae)
  • Has a song called "Hang Over" With Ryan Leslie, based on the movie the hangover
  • Solo Song with Pusha T on HFM2
  • Solo Song With Fabolous on HFM2
  • Solo Song With Kanye and Kanye did the beat, banks said it was "Futuristic"
  • Banks Did a Song with Kanye for "GOOD Friday", Nas is on the song
  • Said He Was in The Studio with Kid Cudi and John Legend
  • Says he has NO beef with Nas or Wu-Tang, says hes cool with Method Man
  • Says he's Feeling WIz Khalifa, Jay Rock, Nipsey, Currensy, Burno Mars, Miguel and a few other people
  • Says spoke to will i am, and he played him crazy beats
  • Spoke on people counting him out & coming back, and The Game (indirectly, but when it gets to that part you'll know)
  • May Work With Ashanti, Spoke on working with Lloyd & Beef
  • Spoke on West Coast and East Cost Hiphop, And People comparing him to Cassidy, Fab, & Jada.
  • Chris Brown is not on HFM2, Banks said he met chris when he was a kid and chris was in a g-unit XXL mag ad back the day.
  • Spoke on the Joe Budden beef & the song their doing with Fab & Royce
  • Spoke on how G-unit picks who goes first on a song, banks says it's who ever has the best verse
  • Spoke On Soulja Boy, says he likes him
  • Spoke on Jay-Z's relevancy, and if the kids actually listen to him or if their parents or older siblings keep his name alive
  • Spoke on the hate he receives because of 50, And he Reads the Blog comments and forums
  • Spoke on "Rotten Apple" and "Curtis" Being ahead their time because of those collab tracks
  • He also spoke on Brian Pumper, & Mobb Deep's G-unit Affliation
    (which is true, Lil wayne basically did "curtis" & "the Masscare" but with autotune on tha carter 3)

Ashhong

Pinko Marx said:
Eh. Its alright. Lyrics kinda suck, though I like the concept of the song. I expect those drums to be mixed properly when the full version is released.

Lyrics seem standard Kanye fare, not his best, but good enough I think. I was worried that the lyrics would suck really hard and ruin the song, but I'm feeling this.

Nabs

@kanyewest

Due to blogs leaking unfinished songs from my actual album I've decided to pass of Good Fridays this week

spindashing said:
Yeah, the drums seem weirder than usual, but I love the beat regardless.

The intro I've loved from the Drake snippet, and to hear it completed is SEX

SOMETHING WRONG...
I HOLD MY HEAD.
THEN THEY GONE...
THAT N***A DEAD.

:D :D :D :D :D

You actually liked that part? Seriously?

61llrY-PsHL.jpg

YA NEED THIS ALBUM IN YO LIFE! Fuck your Blu and all that mixtape non-sense. YOU NEED THIS! THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE, YO, THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE Pfftttt...FIRE! MotherF'ing Fuego son! Oh man, I need a joint for this. ALBUM OF THE F'ING year. I'm out.

HiResDes

Wow I haven't seen that level of enthusiasm in a while around these parts. But hey, I'll probably be spouting the same shit when that Kno album comes out.

HiResDes said:
Wow I haven't seen that level of enthusiasm in a while around these parts. But hey, I'll probably be spouting the same shit when that Kno album comes out.
I'm a Wu fan, you know me :) BTW, I'm right there with you on Kno. HYPE!

DominoKid

just a thought...

be glad Flockaveli didnt drop in the summer because you'd hardly ever escape it. its a whole album of BMFs (Rawse)

HiResDes

harSon said:
Motherfucker... Atmosphere is giving a concert right now and I just found out about it. I'm literally like one minute away, so I can hear the beat and crowd :( http://www.catalystclub.com/
That's gotta be painful, worse than any Chinese water torture :lol

...BTW, that new Hell Razah album is awesome, oddly enough I like the slower paced songs the most (especially Negro Angelitos, Cinematic, Dear Lord, and Medical Kush)

Also, it's fucking impossible to find, but damn Ganjah K's music is amazing. Dr. Dre definitely seems to have bitten quite a lot off of him.

HiResDes said:
That's gotta be painful, worse than any Chinese water torture :lol

...BTW, that new Hell Razah album is awesome, oddly enough I like the slower paced songs the most (especially Negro Angelitos, Cinematic, Dear Lord, and Medical Kush)

Also, it's fucking impossible to find, but damn Ganjah K's music is amazing. Dr. Dre definitely seems to have bitten quite a lot off of him.
Yo my man*Fist Pump* Ask Toku son. Those are my tracks right there man. Even the Intro is fire! I've been bugging him on AIM high about those tracks. And holy shit, poor soul who is hearing that Assmophere concert around his way, I hope the lord comes down and saves you from that wrecked poison. I hope the BASEDGOD finds you.

I fell out of the QN5 loop early last year but got back in a few days ago. Have since bought 3 albums with my broke ass :( . They've really increased their output, it's looking really good for them.

The leaks from Kno's new shit are very nice. I hope I don't wear them out by the time I get the album which'll probably be early November thanks to a certain boy.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kamspy said:
which is why jay-z is a business man. and kanye is trying to make good music. :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Slight-Modification_coverWEB.jpg

Is it just me, or the whole Miami Beatwave Project a potential watershed moment in hip hop? Maybe I'm looking too much into this (as I often tend to do), but it seems like lyrics are becoming a focus again in hip hop. With that said, these eclectic works from this group of producers shows "pure" hip hop may have finally penetrated the farthest reaches of the South.

I live in South Florida, but rarely visit Miami. Maybe Toku can tell me if these tapes manage to represent the culture there?

Ill!! Canibus in London. :)

canibusflyer1-212x300.jpg

October 21st @ Rhythm Factory, London

We’ve been busy. You may have noticed us slipping in a new page recently, OTU Live. Well, that would be our new concert promotion ‘division’, and if you know OTU, you’ll know that OTU Live will be thinking big.

You’d be very right too. For our debut concert we’ve secured one of the most iconic rappers of the last 15 years, an MC who is universally respected, and frequently in ‘best of all-time’ lists. OTU Live are bringing Canibus back to the UK, for the first time since 2006.

Kimosabae

Banned
Canibus essentially introduced me to hip hop, proper. Unfortunately, I haven't cared much for him since RtJ. Just realized Jake One and Premier on the production list for C of Tranquility soooo.... hopefully he manages to do something worthwhile this release. Somewhat looking forward to it.

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:
Jesus christ what a garbage fucking 'song'. I love J.Cole but couldn't listen to this for more than 4 seconds. CHRIST. What the fuck is Cole even doing on a track like that.

It's called "He probably got a grip to do it."

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Saw this in the mashup thread and reminded me of how much I love this album.

http://mosdub.com/

mos_dub_cover.jpg

It's a truly fantasic mos/dub mash up. If you liked distant relatives you'll probably love this.

He also has a Talib Kweli Dub album thats amazing as well

RPS37

It's such a shame that the Yo Gotti track is sooo lame. I was really excited when I saw the list of features.

P.So is continuing to get tons of spins (Suicide by Jellyfish, Earthtones and Moontones.)
I heard Moontones before I heard Earthtones, so I like the Moontones versions of the songs more than the Earthtones ones)

Is there anyone else that I should check out that has a similar vibe/rhyme style to P.So?

MMaRsu

siddx said:

mos_dub_cover.jpg

It's a truly fantasic mos/dub mash up. If you liked distant relatives you'll probably love this.

Daaamn this is some good stuff. Thanks man.

JEKKI

ShinobiFist said:
61llrY-PsHL.jpg

YA NEED THIS ALBUM IN YO LIFE! Fuck your Blu and all that mixtape non-sense. YOU NEED THIS! THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE, YO, THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE Pfftttt...FIRE! MotherF'ing Fuego son! Oh man, I need a joint for this. ALBUM OF THE F'ING year. I'm out.
I agree with your opinions on mixtape nonsense lol. But how is this record in comparison to Renaissance Child??

coz Razah's first record pretty much defines average imo. The only reason to listen to that records was for RA the Rugged Man's verse.

siddx said:

mos_dub_cover.jpg

Thank you. This is the reason I love this thread, good find man. PROPS!

m3k

siddx said:

mos_dub_cover.jpg

will check out the talib kweli dub

ms fat booty is nice as always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom