• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

IrishNinja said:
oh hey, i might have the name fucked up but i think i heard them years back opening for Rock the Bells...any links/samples? i remember liking some shit with a name like that that said they were local, but its hard to remember shit in the smoky section:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugznkwk-7Cg

and yea, Stoney Jackson is one of my favorite albums of the year. I had it in HEAVY rotation earlier this year. I posted about it in the old thread at least a couple times but I think Jekki and I were the only ones repping it, Maybe Phoenix too :lol

HiResDes

Serious attempt here:

Kid Cudi said:
Hey...Niggas think they know and they got the real story. They don't really know it's in my head fucking wit me. How can I be better? I think I'll start with the basics. Dior Dior, galore, I love the cut. I seem to have forgotten that I'm off the need to please the people who don't know good. Know what. Moves move my blah blah bologna wrist my chanel they'll see the stunna. :lol. She got the haters, so many damn haters, but we'll escape them wit our paper. Hey I'm in my thicky thighs :lol and I'm more good now and they don't know need no counseling. Walk in the room with my mojo exactly. Looks from the hoes but they more than likely passing. Back when let me not reflect from the ocean. I'm on to the new act, on to my new script. Bitches better have they thoughts before approaching. I don heard it all babe save it for them other niggas. Do things all be for the living. Copy for the illage. Haters copying they image.
lol :lol :lol

HiResDes said:
Serious attempt here:

lol :lol :lol

..........SHIT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE AND THAT'S OUR BEST BET. God damn it Cudi what is this :lol :lol

KiD CuDi said:
Moves move my blah blah bologna wrist my chanel they'll see the stunna. . She got the haters, so many damn haters, but we'll escape them wit our paper. Hey I'm in my thicky thighs and I'm more good now and they don't know need no counseling. Walk in the room with my mojo exactly. Looks from the hoes but they more than likely passing. Back when let me not reflect from the ocean.

those parts CRACK ME up reading the lyrics. :lol

catchabad0ne said:
Del put up a video with him recording some stuff for Deltron Second Event. At about the 4 minute mark in the video Del begins playing 2 songs from the album. They sound pretty dope, the second one especially. Sounds like Del is getting back to form, and the production is really good as well.

Here's a link for anyone who cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3AAR0mboE&feature=player_embedded

"So Deltron, what happens here, is he lands on a planet with his crew..."

I couldn't stop laughing after that :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
catchabad0ne said:
Del put up a video with him recording some stuff for Deltron Second Event. At about the 4 minute mark in the video Del begins playing 2 songs from the album. They sound pretty dope, the second one especially. Sounds like Del is getting back to form, and the production is really good as well.

Here's a link for anyone who cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3AAR0mboE&feature=player_embedded

Doooope.

Might wanna go easy on the two tracking though.

Kimosabae

Banned
Nah, Mayday. They sound very similar and they both kinda have the same shtick (somewhat abstract, like to sing and harmonize a lot of their vocals)

IrishNinja

yeah, i'm on their facebook, like the tracks they got up there so far too: http://www.facebook.com/maydaymusic?ref=ts&v=wall#!/maydaymusic?v=wall&ref=ts

oh shit, they got an album release party next weekend right around here, might hit that up. we need a miami-GAF meetup! i was gonna suggest Rock the Bells but im not sure if they're coming back.

RPS37

I know a lot of us are QuESt fans, but does everyone have Only One Month left?
I've been listening to it a lot this week. I especially like No One's Allowed ft. XV, the beat is by Woody (who's about to drop a debut solo album) and I think it's really nice.

Kimosabae said:
Nah, Mayday. They sound very similar and they both kinda have the same shtick (somewhat abstract, like to sing and harmonize a lot of their vocals)

I was right :D I just looked up Wreckonize's wikipedia and he's one of the members.

Kimosabae

Banned
OrangeGrayBlue said:
I was right :D I just looked up Wreckonize's wikipedia and he's one of the members.

Thought you meant the main artist. I was like "Damn, dude could just look at the song title. Says his name right there. Lazy MF".

The M.O.B

A little update from this whole "Fiasco Friday" thing that is going on in support of Lupe Fiasco for those of you who still care.

He did a little talking, and premiered some new songs during his last concert. Summary of talk is below.

He said Atlantic wanted him to sign a contract that would give them 25% of anything he makes from shows or deals with other companies like Nike or whatever. He told them no so they threatened him by not pushing any of his new songs on the radio or given him money to make the videos (the I'm beamin' video came out of his own pocket). Also they basically don't like his music or they way he put it 'they think I'm whack'. So Atlantic sent him hooks they wanted him to do. He records them and sends them back but they didn't like them anymore and tried to have him change the hooks like 60 different times. In the end he had had enough.

Taken from ACCC

njean777

The M.O.B said:
A little update from this whole "Fiasco Friday" thing that is going on in support of Lupe Fiasco for those of you who still care.

He did a little talking, and premiered some new songs during his last concert. Summary of talk is below.

Taken from ACCC

at this point i dont think its Lupes fault, Atlantic is screwing him and he is seeing the real face of the industry now. Maybe he will go independent and just sell his albums for download only and reap all the money himself. Well minus bandwith costs.

PBY

Banned
njean777 said:
at this point i dont think its Lupes fault, Atlantic is screwing him and he is seeing the real face of the industry now. Maybe he will go independent and just sell his albums for download only and reap all the money himself. Well minus bandwith costs.
time for GOOD Music to step in....

Ephemeris

DominoKid said:
Fresh still got that heat.
side note, Mystikal still looks the same as he did like 8 years ago or however long its been.
I agree on both counts :lol

But I was wondering where Mannie was for a minute..

blackcloudart.jpg

http://usershare.net/0yhwdod8l4eh

Are you in that mood yet?!?!

HiResDes

The Chiddy Bang album is out in Australia and in various parts of Europe...So you know what that means...

And in other somewhat related news, the Pimp C album comes out tomorrow, so you know what that means...

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
time for GOOD Music to step in....

If Kanye could somehow pick him up, GOOD music would be the best label out there, if it already isnt..Kid Cudi/Kanye/Lupe/Pusha T.....omg...

Ashhong

ReconYoda said:
If Kanye could somehow pick him up, GOOD music would be the best label out there, if it already isnt..Kid Cudi/Kanye/Lupe/Pusha T.....omg...

Well Lupe was already on it before, not sure what happened. You forgot Common, Mos Def, Big Sean, and Consequence.

Recon

Banned
dope4goldrope said:
/rhymesayers.jpg

Ok, best mainstream hiphop label, better?

Ashhong said:
Well Lupe was already on it before, not sure what happened. You forgot Common, Mos Def, Big Sean, and Consequence.

Pretty sure Lupe has never been signed to GOOD music, since he chose Atlantic instead of Rocafella because of his opportunity at his own label. At least, thats what i remember from an interview. And, while i did forget Mos and Common, i wish i could forget Big Sean...he doesnt fit compared to the rest IMO...

HiResDes

Confession: Chamillionaire sounds a trillion times better on the Pimp C album than I've ever heard him...And yes I've listened to his shitty mixtapes before, but with the combination of the soulful vibes of each track and Pimp C's complementary flow Cham sounds really good. Pretty much every track is amazing btw, exactly what I was expecting, but a little bit more laid back like some old school UGK albums.

HiResDes

Consequence is a mostly forgettable rapper I think too. They should have signed Add-2, he's from Chicago, and he's arguably better than everyone on the entire label right now.

Ashhong

ReconYoda said:
Ok, best mainstream hiphop label, better?

Pretty sure Lupe has never been signed to GOOD music, since he chose Atlantic instead of Rocafella because of his opportunity at his own label. At least, thats what i remember from an interview. And, while i did forget Mos and Common, i wish i could forget Big Sean...he doesnt fit compared to the rest IMO...

I cant find proof, but I swear he was a part of GOOD Music...maybe not in anyway important, but he associated himself as part of them.

and why the Chamillionaire hate? I love that dude

HiResDes

Ashhong said:
I cant find proof, but I swear he was a part of GOOD Music...maybe not in anyway important, but he associated himself as part of them.

and why the Chamillionaire hate? I love that dude
I give him love and people still call it hate...:lol

Ashhong said:

The closest he's came to anything GOOD was probably the Child Rebel Soldier project with Pharrell and Kanye that will probably never happen.

Ashhong

HiResDes said:
I give him love and people still call it hate...:lol

:lol well I meant the way to refer to his past works. I've actually seen it by other people in here too, so I meant it more generally

dope4goldrope said:
The closest he's came to anything GOOD was probably the Child Rebel Soldier project with Pharrell and Kanye that will probably never happen.

Guess I'm just going crazy then. Oh and I forgot about Fonzwerth Bentley. That dudes a good rapper! I wish he put out some more track

Imm0rt4l

dope4goldrope said:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/748/blackcloudart.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://usershare.net/0yhwdod8l4eh[/url]

Are you in that mood yet?!?![/QUOTE]

I just gave this a listen, shit is hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom