• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
Time for my contribution of music that I still like to play times (Hopefully I don't repeat what anyone said in the past few pages but if I do then that proves how dope it is)

water-street.jpg

Water Street by Sweatshop Union

The latest album by this Canadian Hip-hop group that tell it like it is. Should definitely give this a listen very soulful and insightful.

1535521417-1.jpg

Stereotype by Blitz the Ambassador

Found this Ghanian/American dude from one of my youtube subs. Pretty amazing if you're into those more rap albums where the live orchestration is what really fuels the experience.

vi2r5r16gn.jpg

While You Were Sleeping by Canto I

This album is like progressive Hip-hop perfection. These two dudes simply mesh together so well. Might have to play it over to get some things but still good.

2vkds7q.jpg

And I Love H.E.R. by Danny!

I hate how this dude gets slept on so hard cause he definitely deserves more recognition. I know someone else mentioned him a few pages back but this one if my fav just because I like conceptual albums that flow track after track. Give it a listen as well.

HiResDes

JEKKI said:
thanks! will check out!!

thanks for that too!!!

but seriously... 3 pages and not a single mention of Memo, Panik, or PNS?!?!

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

frikken Molemen yo... best beat makers Ive been waiting for like over 2 years for sum new stuff X_X

Well instrumental hip-hop kind of had it's own thread, but I'll mention my personal favorite:

b0007tficjre2.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Bowser

HiResDes said:
I love the way he starts the track, but overall came away kind of disappointed which is why I didn't post...I don't think the beat really fits his style or maybe he didn't do enough to try and adapt his style to the beat.

Yeah, I do agree with that. The chorus was on point, but the content was a little meh. But I still think it's worth posting for the simple fact that it's something new for Lu which seems like a genuine rarity these days.

Ashhong

Yea not feeling Lupe's flow in it at all.

I didnt know this thread started, and now I'm 5 pages behind. Did I miss anything major from Lupe or Kanye?

Bowser

Ashhong said:
Yea not feeling Lupe's flow in it at all.

I didnt know this thread started, and now I'm 5 pages behind. Did I miss anything major from Lupe or Kanye?

Nope, nothing from those two besides that Lupe freestyle.

Tokubetsu

Idk if someone posted it already but Kid Cudi's album got pushed to Sept. 28th. G.O.O.D. Music day? Kanye's is the only album that has a chance of dropping the 14th.

Tokubetsu said:
Idk if someone posted it already but Kid Cudi's album got pushed to Sept. 28th. G.O.O.D. Music day? Kanye's is the only album that has a chance of dropping the 14th.
I hope no one actually thought it would happen.

Tokubetsu

Sunako said:
I hope no one actually thought it would happen.

I'm pretty sure a few of you in the old thread did.

Anyway, revisiting one of my favourite albums from my childhood:

CleG8.jpg

Been YEARS since I heard this. Didn't realize the production was so damn good.

"All my niggas dirty, hungry and thirsty/ Hit ya like 30 30 for watcha worth see"

HiResDes

Ashhong said:
Wasn't there someone in the previous thread that for some godforsaken reason was trying to defend soulja boy, saying that his rhyming and beats have gotten a lot better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS0xzQafxjI

:lol :lol :lol
NO fucking way....I don't know who's funnier Soulja Boy or Lil' B....They need to have a rap battle it would be like watching two gorillas engaged in a poop-fight.

Kimosabae

Banned
HiResDes said:
NO fucking way....I don't know who's funnier Soulja Boy or Lil' B....They need to have a rap battle it would be like watching two gorillas engaged in a poop-fight.

Or two poops engaged in a gorilla-fight.

It makes perfect sense. Think about it.

Tokubetsu

QN5 just dropped the art for my second most anticipated album of 2010:

KZwed.jpg

Kno's (CunninLynguists) Death Is Silent. Dropping October 12th. Entirely produced by him, this a bit of a return to the mic album as he's only had a total of four verses on the last 4 CL albums. The record’s concept involves the inevitability of death and its impact on love, life, family and friends.

HiResDes

HOLY SHIT!...This year is insane!

Oh and Toku I remember listening to E.L.E. nonstop back in the day and I always thought the beats sounded like shit we'd be hearing in the future...But I was wrong.

Tokubetsu

HiResDes said:
HOLY SHIT!...This year is insane!

Oh and Toku I remember listening to E.L.E. nonstop back in the day and I always thought the beats sounded like shit we'd be hearing in the future...But I was wrong.

We're also supposed to be getting a new CL albume, "Oneirology" and then Deacon has another group album with another rapper called "Niggaz With Latitude."

Zonar

Tokubetsu said:

CleG8.jpg

"All my niggas dirty, hungry and thirsty/ Hit ya like 30 30 for watcha worth see"
Ya know we got to get this money
Survival hungry

I used to love that!

Tokubetsu said:

CleG8.jpg

Got that CD in my car player. been listening to it for the past two days. Really good, classic shit.

Busta has been consistantly unique for years.

z-ro-heroin.jpg

Been rocking this for a minute. Great fucking album. Z-Ro's flow and production is sick! BTW, love the new thread, Toku. Glad to see new members as well.

I'll post a list albums later on the day.

Jake.

z-ro is probably my favourite living/current dude after cam but heroin fucking suuuuuuuuuuuucks so bad. can't believe he even let it be released.

Jay Sosa

Aw fuck the Internet Explorer (I'm at work) deleted my nice post with links and shit..

Wanted to say that this tape is awesome:

Smoke_DZA_Substance_Abuse_15_The_Headstash-front.jpg

LINK

And isn't that Ro album the usual Rap-a-lot trying to get some cash with old ass tracks from an artists that is no longer signed on their label (or dead) without them having any say in it?

TheOddOne

Tokubetsu said:

CleG8.jpg

DJ Scratch rocked that album. Busta been consistant, been damn did Back on My B.S. suck.

Jay Sosa said:
Aw fuck the Internet Explorer (I'm at work) deleted my nice post with links and shit..

And isn't that Ro album the usual Rap-a-lot trying to get some cash with old ass tracks from an artists that is no longer signed on their label (or dead) without them having any say in it?
Yup, I see it as a bootleg greatest hits, lol.

Jay Sosa

Grzi said:
Sorry for the double post, but XV has officially signed for Warner Bros. Records. Nice.

We'll see, but good for them to realize his talent and that he now will be able to reach out to a bigger audience (and then get hated on for selling out :lol)

I'm listening to Power 93.9 online.. hahah pretty good station.

Doesn't beat K104 though http://www.k104fm.com/

I was asking for some good streams/stations in the other thread but as usual was ignored, so thanks for the info.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
HiResDes said:
I love the way he starts the track, but overall came away kind of disappointed which is why I didn't post...I don't think the beat really fits his style or maybe he didn't do enough to try and adapt his style to the beat.

IDK why I didn't like it, but I wasn't feeling it either. I youtubed the track last night, and just was rather bored. I'm a big Lupe fan in general, and his two albums are two of my favorite hip hop albums of all time. Yet this just did nothing for me. I listened once, and don't feel compelled to listen again.

Speaking of Lupe though WTF is the deal with this guy and his album? I know he switched from the 3 and out thing with Lupe E.N.D. and has contractual obligations for more stuff. I know he's got the album Lasers to drop, but why do I feel like that was done like a year ago, and this shit still isn't out? Can Hip-Hop GAF explain to be WTF the hold up is here?

thetechkid

Brettison said:
IDK why I didn't like it, but I wasn't feeling it either. I youtubed the track last night, and just was rather bored. I'm a big Lupe fan in general, and his two albums are two of my favorite hip hop albums of all time. Yet this just did nothing for me. I listened once, and don't feel compelled to listen again.

Speaking of Lupe though WTF is the deal with this guy and his album? I know he switched from the 3 and out thing with Lupe E.N.D. and has contractual obligations for more stuff. I know he's got the album Lasers to drop, but why do I feel like that was done like a year ago, and this shit still isn't out? Can Hip-Hop GAF explain to be WTF the hold up is here?

The albums been done for like 4 lightyears but his label hasn't put it out yet.

kamspy

Lupe hates leaks and thinks album sales can still make you rich.

It's not 1998, and if it were, backpack rap still wouldn't get you rich. :lol

Lupe thinks Food and Liquor would have gone platinum if a million people didn't download it. It's a bad argument and it really seems to drive his entire focus towards music. Which is odd considering how anti-mainstream he strives to be, yet is so obsessed with album sales.

If he wanted to release music he'd go indie. Instead he'll let his label dick him around just so he can look bigger than he is.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lupe made my favorite album of all time, but he's been on some straight garbage shit lately. Glad somebody (formerly) in his own camp called him out for being a complete shithead to his fans. Canceling a mixtape because your previous one leaked early? What a total bitch move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom