• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe Hunger for more 2 is gonna be dope. That track wasn't produced by kanye, Swizz Beats, or Ryan Leslie, but by new jersey new comer Cardiak http://twitter.com/cardiakflatline

He Produced 3 tracks on HFM2. That Track "Start it Up" was originally only supposed to feature Fabolous.

No one Twitter should have all that power.

Back in August, Kanye West exchanged messages with Justin Bieber over Twitter, and the rapper/producer ended up remixing the teen's "Runaway Love" with Raekwon. Now, West and Lloyd Banks have locked in together after the "Power" rapper complimented the G-Unit MC's abilities on Twitter, calling Banks one of the most underrated artists in hip-hop.

Last week, West released "Christian Dior Denim Flow," featuring Banks, John Legend, Kid Cudi, Pusha T and Ryan Leslie. And on Thursday (October 7), Banks dropped his new record, "Start It Up," featuring West, Fabolous, Leslie and Swizz Beatz.

"The whole Kanye thing happened, it was shortly after the tweet that he wrote, the comment he made about me being underrated and should be in everybody's top five," Banks told MTV News over the phone Thursday. "We read that statement, and it kind of took off on its own. I definitely appreciated that. Just for him to say that opens up the eyes that have been watching him [to me]. And from there, it made sense to go into the studio with him. Shortly after that, we went into the studio."

"Start It Up" is slated for Banks' next album, The Hunger for More 2, set to be released on G-Unit/EMI. In the past, the G-Unit artist recorded mostly within his crew, from 50 Cent to Tony Yayo to Eminem. But since the success of "Beamer, Benz, or Bentley," featuring Juelz Santana, the rapper is now opening up his circle of collaborators.

For "Start It Up," the track was originally scheduled to just feature Banks and Fabolous but soon swelled to a larger composition.

"That was one of the last joints I recorded for my album," Banks explained. "Originally it was me and Fab, then I got Kanye, then Swizz was in the city and so was Ryan.

"The difference from that track being me and Fab and having Kanye was 24 hours," he added. "I didn't have it for a minute. We did it recently."

What do you think of Banks and Kanye teaming up? Let us know in the comments!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649548/20101007/west_kanye.jhtml

New Cudi

kidcudi+maniac.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?vonys5fzf9d0tcw

CAGE? As in my homie from L.I. CAGE.....Nah, I don't believe it. That callabo is so crazy, I'm not clicking on it...CAGE? Fo'real? *Clicks anyway*

OrangeGrayBlue said:
If any of my friends start telling me how great Cage is and that I should check him out I might flip a desk over. :lol
CAGE is the truth. He's last album is dog shit, but movies for the blind is a classic. Shit, Em swagger jack his style to the T. Regardless, RA The Rugged is everyone's daddy.

ShinobiFist said:
CAGE is the truth. He's last album is dog shit, but movies for the blind is a classic. Shit, Em swagger jack his style to the T. Regardless, RA The Rugged is everyone's daddy.

His last album is actually the only album of his that I enjoy more than 2-3 songs. Dope rapper, but I never enjoyed the shock for shock's sake in a lot of his songs. His last album retained the dark vibe of those albums but with a meaning behind the songs (and less necrophelia) :lol

You're right though, RA the Rugged Man can rap his ass off when he has a little inspiration.

edit- anyone check out the new Foreign Exchange album yet? I really like the sound of it so far from the snippets I've listened to on UGHH. Phonte said that they were figuring out their sound more and more with each record and I definitely agree.

spindashing said:
shit I want to check that out but it's most likely a leak from MOTM2. One more month. One more month...

I'm not much of a Cudi fan so I apologize for what probably seems like a borderline retarded question, but is Man on the Moon 2 his next album? Or a mixtape?

soujiro_seta said:
Damn! Ye killed it!

"they say good things come to those who wait so i’m gon be at least an hour late"

"told her beauty is why god invented eyeballs and her booty is why god invented my balls"

:lol :lol :lol
fucking YES.

ep85

OrangeGrayBlue said:
I'm not much of a Cudi fan so I apologize for what probably seems like a borderline retarded question, but is Man on the Moon 2 his next album? Or a mixtape?
Yeah, MotM2:The Legend of Mr. Rager is his next album. Releasing Nov 9.

ep85 said:
Yeah, MotM2:The Legend of Mr. Rager is his next album. Releasing Nov 9.

In that case, I'm really surprised that he put Cage on his album. I think Travie McCoy also has Cage and El-P on an upcoming project of his. I'm digging the blend of underground and mainstream that's starting to happen.

Kimosabae

Banned
Never understood the insistence that Em "jacked" Cage's style. Even if its true Em looked to Cage for inspiration - it's irrelevant. Em clearly flipped that inspiration and turned into something of his own. Hip hop really needs to move passed these ego trips. Such a red herring.

Cage is still being emo. If you're an old school Cage fan, this may upset you, but Neo-Cage fits Kudi's off-kilter soundscapes. I'm glad to see him on a track with Cudi, though. That could have some strong implications for everyone he's down with (Aesop!)

Kimosabae said:
Never understood the insistence that Em "jacked" Cage's style. Even if its true Em looked to Cage for inspiration - it's irrelevant. Em clearly flipped that inspiration and turned into something of his own. Hip hop really needs to move passed these ego trips. Such a red herring.

Cage is still being emo. If you're an old school Cage fan, this may upset you, but Neo-Cage fits Kudi's off-kilter soundscapes. I'm glad to see him on a track with Cudi, though. That could have some strong implications for everyone he's down with (Aesop!)

If I ever check this thread and see that Aesop Rock is making songs with Kanye or something I think my heart might skip a beat. That would be crazy awesome. I'd really love to see some of these artists that pioneered the underground scene get the level of recognition they deserve before they hang up their hats.

Kimosabae

Banned
OrangeGrayBlue said:
If I ever check this thread and see that Aesop Rock is making songs with Kanye or something I think my heart might skip a beat. That would be crazy awesome. I'd really love to see some of these artists that pioneered the underground scene get the level of recognition they deserve before they hang up their hats.

:)

*edit*

Here's the latest Tweet by Aesop early this morning:

"Today I rapped on a song I don't deserve to be on"

He's been teasing a project with big names over Twitter for a few months now. Staggering possibilities, here. Aesop on a Kanye (i,e.) track would be like serving asparagus to a toddler.

HiResDes

20100921-HOTNREADY.jpg

01 OK!
02 HNR (Hot N Ready)
03 6 Feet Deep pt.1
04 SAC! (916)
05 For a Slice
06 Super Nigga 2010
07 Like This f. Zumbi (Zion I)
08 Need That f. C Plus
09 Take Out
10 This One For You
11 Change Em

DL LINK

...I posted a link to this earlier, but I didn't realize how dope it was at the time. Been listening to this all morning. Lee Bannon is one of the chillest producers and this guy Chuwee has such an old school east coast flow for a guy apparently from the Bay. Each song is super short, but that's pretty much its only flaw. Chuwee's bars continue on from song to song half the time, it's pretty sick. It definitely is reminiscent of the almighty Illmatic.

Edit: Also is anybody else wondering what happened to the Fiend after dropping a couple of songs with Curren$y...Does he have an album coming out?

vhfive said:
I would also like to know this.
also when is Bank's album dropping

No. The uncensored version is probably not going to be released until the album comes out. Corentin (the new media manger) at Thisis50.com said it was an unauthorized leak.

I think he's full of shit though :lol , since thisis50.com never lets unauthorized leaks on the front page, and why would Funk Master Flex have the clean CDQ? :lol

Banks comes out on November 23rd with Nicki Minaj, Kanye The 22nd, Kid Cudi & Soulja Boy November 2nd.

harSon

Banned
Shit man, I didn't know In Search of Stoney Jackson was that fucking amazing. Jesus Christ. Also, I so want the album cover as a shirt.

I might have to check into Cudi's next album. Man on the Moon was boring from the snippets I've heard, but every song I've heard thats spose to be on his next album I've liked.

And if people keep raving over this Strong Arm Steady album, I might have to look into it too.

HiResDes

It's pretty fucking good. You really can't go wrong with Madlib production. Phil The Agony and Krondon rip shit for the most part. Cheeba Cheeba is my shit, Phil's off kilter flow is perfect on it. Just listen to a few song on youtube, and then cop it. :D

harSon

Banned
HiResDes said:
It's pretty fucking good. You really can't go wrong with Madlib production. Phil The Agony and Krondon rip shit for the most part. Cheeba Cheeba is my shit, Phil's off kilter flow is perfect on it. Just listen to a few song on youtube, and then cop it. :D

I kind of wish MF Doom was featured on Questions, beat seems tailor made for his flow.

HiResDes

Yeah and I wish Ghostface was on New Love or Raekwon on Ambassadors...It would then probably be my favorite album of all-time :D

kamspy

Just picked up Flockaveli with Amazon MP3 credits.

Best guilty pleasure in a long time. Album is hard as fuck. My 8 month of daughter has a crazy reaction to it. Never seen her bop to anything this much, and she gets exposed to a lot of music.

Don't sleep on Flockaveli GAF. Put the backpack stuff back in the backpack this month. ;]

Fuck that. Wocka Flocka CANNOT rap. Sure his shit gets you hype, but its not "sit down and listen to" material. Play it at a party though, and its all good.

The M.O.B

Pinko Marx said:
Fuck that. Wocka Flocka CANNOT rap. Sure his shit gets you hype, but its not "sit down and listen to" material. Play it at a party though, and its all good.

:lol Any so called "Rapper" who has to shout his name 5-10 times per song is a joke

Pinko Marx said:
Ironically, today in the bus, I heard two kids talking about Flockaveli and saying it was the best album ever. Smh :lol :lol

kamspy

Hell no Flocka can't rap. That's not the point.

The album is fun to listen to. Like Toku said, great car music, video game background music, etc. etc.

You guys obviously haven't c-walked across your living room in a bath robe smoking a blunt playing it at high volume. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

Tokubetsu

Pinko Marx said:
Lets not say anything TOO CRAZY now...

Lost my mind a long time ago.

kamspy said:

The album is fun to listen to. Like Toku said, great car music, video game background music, etc. etc.

You guys obviously haven't c-walked across your living room in a bath robe smoking a blunt playing it at high volume. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

The bass on "Bang" is worth it alone. As far as holy fuck, punch a dude in the face hard ass music goes, you won't get much harder than this, this year. Save maybe a Boosie mixtape.

BANG BANG BANG! WE IN THIS BITCH THROWIN' GANG SIGNS MAAAAAAYNE

Pour yourself a drink, roll one up and pop in Call of Duty. Blow those subs out.

HiResDes

kamspy said:

That money would be better spent on the new Pimp C album...And you could do the same thing with it.

Oh god. I just thought of the one rapper/producer combination that would make me cum my pants so hard.

Lupe over an El-P beat. HNNNNNNNNNNNG.

HiResDes

Pinko Marx said:
Oh god. I just thought of the one rapper/producer combination that would make me cum my pants so hard.

Lupe over an El-P beat. HNNNNNNNNNNNG.
Fuck that...I'd much rather hear an off-kilter rapper over his shit like Kool Keith or Ghostface or Das Racist :lol .

I can't emphasize enough how much I'm feeling Death Is Silent right now. Like gatdayum, this is insanely good. By far one of the quickest listens I've heard in years, in all the best ways. I hit play, and all of a sudden I'm at the outro just completely zoning. Great nighttime album.

PS: They Told Me is hypnotizing as hell.

Jay Sosa

kamspy said:
Just picked up Flockaveli with Amazon MP3 credits.

Best guilty pleasure in a long time. Album is hard as fuck. My 8 month of daughter has a crazy reaction to it. Never seen her bop to anything this much, and she gets exposed to a lot of music.

Don't sleep on Flockaveli GAF. Put the backpack stuff back in the backpack this month. ;]

I think thats because your daughter and Wocka probably have the same level of education, I guess she has a better vocubulary though.

EDIT: The fuck? Amazon.de has gone crazy, I just bought:

Flipsides (Groove Attack Compilation)
Good Music - Lone Catalysts
Extra Credit - Theory Hazit
Hi-Teknology Vol.2
By Design- Grand Agent
Superrappin Vol. 2 (Groove Attack Compilation)

for 24€ :D All brandnew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom