• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
The limited edition of Kno's album is delayed yet again, but he sent out a really nice email with a link to download his album whether you want a refund or not. And sent out his personal cell #.

Kno said:
Greetings Fans & Supporters-

As much as it pains me to write YET another one of these e-mails, an
additional company -- this time motivators.com -- has screwed the
pooch on handling orders placed nearly a month ago for completion of
some of the Obituary Edition boxed sets.

The keychains featuring album artwork are still not in hand as
motivators.com has informed of us of a "delay" in production, and
although I was holding out hope they'd resolve the issue so that there
would be no noticeable difference in shipping time -- here we are on
the 14th still without this particular product and with next week
being the earliest I can see getting the item in hand.

Between the issues with the coffin boxes I told you about earlier, the
"Souljah Boy" mishap (read about it here if you're unaware -
http://tinyurl.com/29sdth7) and now the delay for keychains, you can
imagine my frustration regarding the release of this record --
pre-orders and otherwise. I appreciate ya'lls patience and am taking
this time to offer you 2 solutions:

A: An immediate refund. Reply to this e-mail with the header "refund"
and we'll process it immediately. If you'd still like to support the
record when it comes out in stores on October 26th it would be much
appreciated, but I'm not interested in holding anyone's hard-earned
money hostage because of other people's mistakes.

B: Patience and a download. In order to make your wait more tolerable
(even those who'll decide to get a refund), I have included a link to
my album in 320k MP3 format -- a hefty 195MB including all
instrumentals.

I'd love to ship the remaining boxed sets out now and send the
keychains separately later, but with shipping of the boxes costing up
to $10 domestically and up to $18 internationally plus customs forms,
etc. it just isn't time or cost effective to make that happen.

Believe me, nobody is more burnt up about these things than I am. It
isn't about the money -- I am very proud of this record and I want
everyone to be happy with the outcome. I am even providing my personal
cell number so that if you want to talk about it, you can call me and
discuss it.

Thanks!
Kno
678.***.****

HiResDes said:
Yeah I never listen to Gucci when I'm by myself...But when you're at a party and THIS comes on with some big ass subs...HOLY SHIT! I don't know how a person can't get hyped. :lol

This is personally the most hype song I've heard in a while. That gucci song just makes me want to slap who ever thought those hi-hats were a good idea. :lol

HiResDes

It's just so derivative that I can't listen to it...I just feel like I'd rather listen to the original instead. Odes that bring little new to the table are pointless to me. I'd much rather listen to Grizzly City Vol. 3 or Boy Meets World.

20101016-JADAKISS.jpg

Jadakiss Featuring 50 Cent -"DUMP"
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/10/16/jadakiss-dump-its-like-that-f-50-cent/#comment-517517
Could've been better and 50 got jada on this one, the pic is from the "Thisis50 Fest Concert" from last year.

HiResDes

PhoenixDark said:
sheeeeit dope

Is that on Pilot Talk 2?
I don't know, but that song and another featuring Fiend called Executive Brass have been out for a few months. I think Pilot Talk 2 is probably basically done if in fact he had several songs featuring Wiz leftover that didn't make the last album.

HiResDes

shadowcomplex said:
can someone recommend me some De La Soul albums. i don't know where to start =(
Stakes Is High and 3 Feet High & Rising are essential, everything is else good but nothing quite compares IMO.

RPS37

That Joe Budden track is craaaazy. Going to be interesting to see what happens with MM4.
The way Kno is acting + how I feel about that Not At The End song makes me want to spend some cash on Death is Silent.

hubes said:
Speaking of Timbaland, has anyone here listened to Bubba Sparxxx' CD "Deliverance"? It has to be one of my favorite CD's of all time.

ikPs8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMikuC8dzs
This album is sadly one of the most slept on albums of the last decade. I think his debut/single left a corny impression that kept a lot of people from checking deliverence. Production on this is up there with A Piece of Strange for me. Sucks it didn't perform well as he went to from She Tried to Ms new booty...sigh

Jay Sosa

Tokubetsu said:
Just found my favorite rap video of the year:
http://vimeo.com/15891401

"The shit we're smoking stanking like doo doo I'm a do what I do you can do what you do" :lol

I hope Fiend freestyled his verse, but good to see him back. Which Manga is this from?

And yeah Timbaland and Magoo was awesome, praised them in the last thread (which was, like always ignored). Funny to think how much pretty everyone hated on Magoo, dude would be considered a brilliant mc nowadays with all the trash like Gucci and Flocka.

New Booba btw.

Jour de Paye (Pay day)

Dude made one of my favorite songs of all time:

Avant de Partir

Tokubetsu

Jay Sosa said:
"The shit we're smoking stanking like doo doo I'm a do what I do you can do what you do" :lol

I hope Fiend freestyled his verse, but good to see him back. Which Manga is this from?

And yeah Timbaland and Magoo was awesome, praised them in the last thread (which was, like always ignored). Funny to think how much pretty everyone hated on Magoo, dude would be considered a brilliant mc nowadays with all the trash like Gucci and Flocka.

New Booba btw.

Jour de Paye (Pay day)

Dude made one of my favorite songs of all time:

Avant de Partir

Anime was Golgo 13. The old one from the 80s. It's about an assassin.

HiResDes said:
I don't know, but that song and another featuring Fiend called Executive Brass have been out for a few months. I think Pilot Talk 2 is probably basically done if in fact he had several songs featuring Wiz leftover that didn't make the last album.

Album is done, or at least Curren$y's part has been done for awhile now. Last interview he did he said he was just waiting on a couple verses from people but he was like 2 days out from turning it in. We'll see it by mid to late november probably.

Jay Sosa

Thanks!

I hope there aren't as many features as on the first Pilot Talk, there was like one or two songs without one and that's just too much. Oh and some deeper songs would be nice as well.

lloyd-banks-finish-line-blue-friday.jpg

More from the G-Unit family, as Lloyd Banks drops a new track, part of his release-a-track-(almost)-every-week Blue Friday series, to help hype his upcoming The Hunger For More 2, scheduled for a November 23 release date (aww, Banks & Nicki sitting in a tree, both releasing their LPs)…

We say more from the G-Unit family because within the last 24 hours, 50 Cent and Jadakiss unleashed their collaboration, “Dump (It’s Like That)“.

Anyway, “Finish Line” is a fairly smoothed out electric guitar, drum-heavy track with Lloyd Banks rocking a braggadocio-filled staccato flow. “Finish Line” is not a full track, topping out at a little more than 2:30, and not appearing on The Hunger For More 2.

The last we heard from Lloyd Banks, he had assembled a cast of characters to posse up for “Start It Up,” a track featuring Kanye West, Fabolous, Swizz Beatz and Ryan Leslie, a track which is slated to appear on The Hunger For More 2.

Dope. Sounds Like Biggie's Flow on "Notorious Thugs".
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/10/17/lloyd-banks-finish-line/#comments

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
shadowcomplex said:
i am. that was trash....no it was worse than trash.

Gucci ain't trash, he is just a different kind of rap.

It is like country music. Some people like that old Merle Haggard style country, some like the new, almost pop country, some people like Garth Brooks stuff that is somewhat in the middle. There are different kinds of rap.

I could see going out on a Friday night bumping Lemonade from Gucci to get hyped. That beat is crazy. It is club music for the most part like Wasted or his verse on the the Boom Boom Pow remix with 50

Recon

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
Gucci ain't trash, he is just a different kind of rap.

It is like country music. Some people like that old Merle Haggard style country, some like the new, almost pop country, some people like Garth Brooks stuff that is somewhat in the middle. There are different kinds of rap.

I could see going out on a Friday night bumping Lemonade from Gucci to get hyped. That beat is crazy. It is club music for the most part like Wasted or his verse on the the Boom Boom Pow remix with 50
No. Gucci is crap

Beezy

Jay Sosa said:

I never heard of Fiend until now, but I love his flow on this song. His verse was better than Curren$y's imo. Does he have and albums or mixtapes?

RPS37 said:
The way Kno is acting + how I feel about that Not At The End song makes me want to spend some cash on Death is Silent.

You should. Every song on that album is worth it. Best music purchase I've made all year.

ReconYoda said:
No. Gucci is crap

Agreed, aside from DJs who spin him at clubs I don't know why anyone else would want to pay attention to his music. Even if you listen just to get hyped, there are more hype rappers out there by a wide margin. His beats are pretty generic 2006-sounding southern rap, too. I don't see any appeal. Whatever he offers, there's other rappers who do it much better.

HiResDes

Beezy said:
I never heard of Fiend until now, but I love his flow on this song. His verse was better than Curren$y's imo. Does he have and albums or mixtapes?
I don't believe so...But at least download the other Curren$y called Executive Brass, it's pretty dope as well.

HiResDes

Jay Sosa said:
:lol You guys serious?

Dude has been around since 96 or so:

Fiend Discography

He was one of NL finest, together with Mac and..well together with Mac.
Oh I meant recently, I've heard his shit with No Limit, both he and Curren$y were on No Limit that's how they know each other I believe.

Jay Sosa

Ah ok, yeah kinda was gone for a minute like a lot of these NL cats. Btw. in case some of you didn't know: Currensy is the younger brother of NL's Mr. Marcelo. Always found it kinda odd that they don't make more music together.

HiResDes

Jay Sosa said:
Ah ok, yeah kinda was gone for a minute like a lot of these NL cats. Btw. in case some of you didn't know: Currensy is the younger brother of NL's Mr. Marcelo. Always found it kinda odd that they don't make more music together.
Oh shit, you know what I kinda see some similarities in their flow :lol

Recon

Banned
shadowcomplex said:
finally someone who sees it my way:lol

This guy is so popular with all my "thug" friends, but i see his albums dont sell well. Makes sense since everyone i know just downloads his stuff, i have yet to see any of my friends with legit copies of anything "Gucci". It hurts my brain whenever i hear someone say they love Gucci or Wacka...

DominoKid

ReconYoda said:
This guy is so popular with all my "thug" friends, but i see his albums dont sell well. Makes sense since everyone i know just downloads his stuff, i have yet to see any of my friends with legit copies of anything "Gucci". It hurts my brain whenever i hear someone say they love Gucci or Wacka...

thats cause Gucci's albums suck. his best stuff is on his mixtapes

Recon

Banned
DominoKid said:
thats cause Gucci's albums suck. his best stuff is on his mixtapes

Well, since i dont see how someone so devoid of any musical creativity can produce anything of value, ill take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom