• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

The M.O.B said:

I'm really loving the chorus. It definitely feels like hes trying to go a bit more mainstream with this though, which is good because he deserves the success.

edit: i am REALLY feeling this single. dont get me wrong, i love his past stuff, but this is such a feel good song. and to hear a real single from lupe brings a smile to my face. wooo

Ashhong

K.Jack said:
Cheese. Blue cheese.

Just a blatant radio grab. Good luck with that.

Why is this such a bad thing? It's not shit cheese like Gucci or Lil B. Its a quality single aimed at radio play (hopefully). You just have to listen to it expecting a more mainstream song. Everyone wants success, and this was probably forced on him from Atlantic too.

The M.O.B

K.Jack said:
Cheese. Blue cheese.

Just a blatant radio grab. Good luck with that.

That is the cost a lot of artists pay for being able to get their album out.

"Superstar" was a radio joint too, but "The Cool" album was dope.

Chiming in to say that HiResDes is speaking the truth -- that Add-2 tape is really dope. As far as him being greater than Lupe, I can't bring myself as a Lupe stan to say that, but Add-2 is really good. I dig his flow and lyricism. :D

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Ashhong said:
Why is this such a bad thing? It's not shit cheese like Gucci or Lil B. Its a quality single aimed at radio play (hopefully). You just have to listen to it expecting a more mainstream song. Everyone wants success, and this was probably forced on him from Atlantic too.
For me, how forced it is bleeds through the track. It's hard to listen to music when the motive is so clear.

It doesn't sound like a natural Lupe piece. I can feel it in the air, and it makes me uncomfortable.

He didn't make that song because he liked it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
spindashing said:
Chiming in to say that HiResDes is speaking the truth -- that Add-2 tape is really dope. As far as him being greater than Lupe, I can't bring myself as a Lupe stan to say that, but Add-2 is really good. I dig his flow and lyricism. :D
this

HiResDes said:
Add-2 > Lupe Fiasco

maybe >.<

K.Jack said:
For me, how forced it is bleeds through the track. It's hard to listen to music when the motive is so clear.

It doesn't sound like a natural Lupe piece. I can feel it in the air, and it makes me uncomfortable.

I love Lupe, but he does have his ups and downs. Like his BMF Freestyle. It all went downhill after the first verse. :lol :lol :lol :lol

RPS37

Yo, Hires.
You listen to everything, I think. You gotta check out that Rock City tape. I totally like it.
Beats are just recycled and there's a lot of tags, but it's totally decent.

We all know this shit has gotten so wack over the past while that it's just nice to hear someone rap with good intentions at least.

Recon

Banned
Im really feeling this new Lupe joint. Maybe its because i love both Lupe and Modest Mouse, but its just a really feel good song.

Ashhong

K.Jack said:

I don't agree with anything except that its not a natural Lupe piece. He's been out of the public for so long who knows what his natural piece is anymore. Did you hear the rock songs he was playing at his concerts? And not the shitty Japanese Cartoon or w/e songs. He has his usual Lupe flow in one of the verses. It sounds a-ok to my ears.

Imm0rt4l

Ashhong said:
I'm really loving the chorus. It definitely feels like hes trying to go a bit more mainstream with this though, which is good because he deserves the success.

edit: i am REALLY feeling this single. dont get me wrong, i love his past stuff, but this is such a feel good song. and to hear a real single from lupe brings a smile to my face. wooo

that's pretty much how I take the single. I hope the non singles are classic lu though.

the show goes on does nothing for me.

HiResDes

ReconYoda said:
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but placing any Gucci song over any Lupe song is a WRONG opinion.
There are about 20 Gucci songs I'd rather listen to...At least in my car.

Nabs

wow, that lupe song is cookie cutter like a motherfucker. is that really what atlantic is trying to do with him? sheeeit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nabs said:
wow, that lupe song is cookie cutter like a motherfucker. is that really what atlantic is trying to do with him? sheeeit.
The question is: How many of those will they force onto his album?

Ashhong

spindashing said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

We're all entitled to our own opinions. I don't know -- I'm not a fan. I still have high hopes for the album; Lupe's still my #1 favorite MC.

Haha nah..I was just kidding. I love the song but I can take it if others don't. Doesn't phase me :D

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
anyone have Add-2 – Tale Of Two’s City v.3 i have 4 and 2 but i can't vol 3 at all most links are broken of the the file is broken for some reason.

HiResDes

shadowcomplex said:
anyone have Add-2 – Tale Of Two’s City v.3 i have 4 and 2 but i can't vol 3 at all most links are broken of the the file is broken for some reason.
C'mon bra, you know I got it, but I only have it in 128kbps AAC.

Actually one of the links on 2dopeboyz still works. HERE

PBY

Banned
what a bizarre choice for a single for lupe... i know kane did his thing or whatever, but it still sounds more like a cover than anything else- honestly, this sounds like mixtape joint

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know The Show Goes On is very radio-friendly and bouncy like you guys have said but, I do like it.

And hell, I can even hear the gradual reduction in verse quality too. It's just too feel-good for me not to like it.

That Lupe song is trash. Atlantic needs to be barred from signing hip hop artists. Hell, why not do an inspirational track in the vein of Eminem's Not Afraid instead of that cheesy bullshit. Or a Kanye West feature, something. jeez

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
That Lupe song is trash. Atlantic needs to be barred from signing hip hop artists. Hell, why not do an inspirational track in the vein of Eminem's Not Afraid instead of that cheesy bullshit. Or a Kanye West feature, something. jeez
I'm one of the few that likes Not Afraid, but it's still borderline cheesy, perhaps more cheesy than this song.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ashhong said:
It's not shit cheese like Gucci or Lil B.
I find pretty much everything Gucci or Lil B record to be way more interesting than this god damn song. The wild hyperbole about how bad Gucci supposedly is I find pretty amusing. He has a niche that he works, and he fucking works it well. Nobody's touching him at what he does. It probably doesn't appeal to fans of every boring backpacker who ever picked up a mic, but it's enjoyable music, and his production is ridiculously good. Lil B is Lil B. I can respect him and what he does on a lot of levels. Also I've had "Violate That Bitch" stuck in my head for the last week.

PBY

Banned
Lambtron said:
I find pretty much everything Gucci or Lil B record to be way more interesting than this god damn song. The wild hyperbole about how bad Gucci supposedly is I find pretty amusing. He has a niche that he works, and he fucking works it well. Nobody's touching him at what he does. It probably doesn't appeal to fans of every boring backpacker who ever picked up a mic, but it's enjoyable music, and his production is ridiculously good. Lil B is Lil B. I can respect him and what he does on a lot of levels. Also I've had "Violate That Bitch" stuck in my head for the last week.
Gucci-Mane-The-Appeal-Georgias-Most-Wanted-450x450.jpg

word, this ^ is criminally underrated; the best kind of bullshit music

Can't agree with you about Lil B tho

The M.O.B

Lambtron said:

This is the only good thing about Gucci, I usually just download the instrumentals of his songs because he knows what a good beat sounds like.

His music is nothing new, mostly about "Money, Cars, and Bitches.......and Drugs", every black mans (Any Mans?) dream. That is what keeps him with a steady stream of cash and keeps him in the clubs and on the radio every day.

Me personally??? I could care less about him, but his eye for great beats is the only thing that is keeping me bumpin his music in the car.

And wtf is a backpacker? people keep saying this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love how "bullshit rap" is frowned upon in this thread half the time, and the other half of the time it is defended with an iron fist. Just a weird duality I see.

I still don't think Gucci's beats are good enough to carry his terrible bullshit raps either. It's painful listening to the verses of Lemonade, same goes for Waka Flocka Flame and Hard In The Paint. Big Tymers did the bullshit raps & good beats thing better long, long ago.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
HiResDes said:
C'mon bra, you know I got it, but I only have it in 128kbps AAC.

Actually one of the links on 2dopeboyz still works. HERE
edit:
i stumbled in the 09 gaf hop thread accidently, and i chuckled when i was saw #2 post
hb0W9.png

when is lasers gonna come out dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom