• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
HiResDes said:
betterdaysVOL4web-Front.jpg
betterdaysVOL4_b-web-Tracklist_1.jpg

LINK / ALTERNATE

there you go, Bowser and everyone else. Download or HiResDes will kill your loved ones.

JEKKI

man I do love me sum Statik Selektah, but I really do not dig this 1982 album at all :/

I actually bought the CD from Term himself lol. now Ima take it to amoeba records later this month and trade it in for AZ Doe or Die 15th anniversary version =P

also it seems nobody has been talking about this;

51nMlNa1yjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new Celph Titled, with beats apparently all 90s era Buckwild stuff that never got used. I do love me sum classic DITC before the sample police arrived in the music biz, so this is at the top of my to-get list.

also new Chaundon and 7L/Eso... more slept on stuff on my radar.

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
man I do love me sum Statik Selektah, but I really do not dig this 1982 album at all :/

I actually bought the CD from Term himself lol. now Ima take it to amoeba records later this month and trade it in for AZ Doe or Die 15th anniversary version =P

also it seems nobody has been talking about this;

51nMlNa1yjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new Celph Titled, with beats apparently all 90s era Buckwild stuff that never got used. I do love me sum classic DITC before the sample police arrived in the music biz, so this is at the top of my to-get list.

also new Chaundon and 7L/Eso... more slept on stuff on my radar.

Have you heard the nottz album yet? I can get it for like four bucks and I'm debating but no one else in this thread seems to know it exists :lol

Tokubetsu

Knux-Future said:
Don't know if anyone gives a shit but Nicki Manaj has a song with Eminem. Em brings his underground flow but can't save the song....

Here it is....

http://usershare.net/rsygggl112no

Oh wow! A Swizz Beatz beat I don't hate right off the bat! I know I've defended Nicki in the past but I can't defend this though.

In Other News:
2RfxI.jpg

Back On My Buck Shit Vol 2: Download

Lupe has a verse on one of the tracks.

JEKKI

Tokubetsu said:
Have you heard the nottz album yet? I can get it for like four bucks and I'm debating but no one else in this thread seems to know it exists :lol
is it worth my attention? I dont kno much about him, but his album is available on emusic so I added it to my list but the priority to pick it up is quite low...

last producer collaby type album I heard was Ski's 24 Hour Karate School, and I thought that was disappointing!

those Camp Lo verses reached a whole new level of obscurity too o_O

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
is it worth my attention? I dont kno much about him, but his album is available on emusic so I added it to my list but the priority to pick it up is quite low...

last producer collaby type album I heard was Ski's 24 Hour Karate School, and I thought that was disappointing!

those Camp Lo verses reached a whole new level of obscurity too o_O

Yea, I was disappointed with the Ski Beatz album as well but the Nottz samples I heard on Amazon were good. I'll probably grab it tomorrow or some Snowgoons shit I'm missing.

I really like "Roman's Revenge"...i already have the chorus stuck in my head and the beat is hot.

And Eminem is back to his MMLP Slim Shady voice!

Ashhong said:
Yup.

but Nicki on the other hand....what the fuck. Sounds like hes in a freestyle battle, the way she pauses in the middle of a sentence.
yea...idunno. but I've never heard her put two bars together worth listening to, ever. I didn't expect her to start now.

I wonder who thought of the whole "dungeon dragon" hook? I now it wasn't her dumb ass. Em went in, as usual. :D

Ashhong

Dreams-Visions said:
yea...idunno. but I've never heard her put two bars together worth listening to, ever. I didn't expect her to start now.

I wonder who thought of the whole "dungeon dragon" hook? I now it wasn't her dumb ass. Em went in, as usual. :D

This might have been the worst rapping of hers that I've heard. Granted, I've only heard her radio singles and Monster, but this shit sucked.

The M.O.B

SMH Nicki's "Roman's Revenge"

I'm surprised some of you aren't tired of Nicki's stupid gimmicks by now

"LOOK AT ME, I CAN DO WEIRD VOICES AND FAKE ACCENTS AND I CONSTANTLY REFER TO MYSELF AS A "BAD BITCH", OH AND I HAVE ZERO FLOW!"

:/

Eminem did his thing though, and I'm glad he didn't use his stupid accent.

The beat gets annoying, but then again I don't expect anything from Swizz.

The hook? oh gawd.................shoot me now cuz that was horrible, "RUH RUH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON RUH RUH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON."

If you actually like this.............more power to ya.

JEKKI said:

Was about to buy this yesterday but I'm broke as hell. I sampled it on UGHH and Celph Titled comes with the crazy punchlines as usual. The song with R.A The Rugged Man goes off, Rugged Man tears the shit apart. It's like all he does is go on other peoples tracks and inadvertently sons them :lol

UGHH has half price shipping at the moment if anyone is interested in picking it up.

Anyway, I've been listening to this since yesterday

j-cole-the-warm-up-450x450.jpg

Not the first time I heard J.Cole. He was in Just Begun on the Jay Elec mixtape and had my least favourite verse on the track so I foolishly dismissed the dude. This mixtape is pretty damn good, the original beats are pretty nice and J.Cole is pretty good on the mic. I'll check out whatever he puts eventually out.

JEKKI

toasty_T said:
UGHH has half price shipping at the moment if anyone is interested in picking it up.
Im mostly all digital these days man, mp3 players and CDRs in the car are GDLK.

I kno I have mentioned emusic here a few times, I highly recommend it.

u pay like $22 a month for 50 credits, and most albums set you back 12 credits. And they carry all independent stuff so I got Celph, Skyzoo/Illmind, Chaundon, Wisemen, etc all on que. Definitely a great service for hiphop fans.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit Roman's Revenge is fucking horrible. Em went in but the absolutely miserable beat and Nicki Minaj couldn't help this mixtape throwaway track be any good. Holy shit I'm astounded how Nicki Minaj continues to try to sound as unattractive and retarded as ever.

In other news, fuck you GAF-Hop, The Show Goes On by Lupe is fucking amazing. The hate for it seems to be very much like the hate for Graduation. A new sound turns off people wanting more of the same, and listening to it more has made it evident that, its still the same Lupe behind the music.

Recon

Banned
The M.O.B said:

"LOOK AT ME, I CAN DO WEIRD VOICES AND FAKE ACCENTS AND I CONSTANTLY REFER TO MYSELF AS A "BAD BITCH", OH AND I HAVE ZERO FLOW!"

The hook? oh gawd.................shoot me now cuz that was horrible, "RUH RUH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON RUH RUH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON."

I agree, 100%. Its funny, you can more or less tell what gaffer is gonna say what song is good/ill. Its like, i hear a garbage ass song, then i know ill see a certain gaffer defend it in this thread. Its really fucking hilarious.

enzo_gt said:
In other news, fuck you GAF-Hop, The Show Goes On by Lupe is fucking amazing. The hate for it seems to be very much like the hate for Graduation. A new sound turns off people wanting more of the same, and listening to it more has made it evident that, its still the same Lupe behind the music.
:lol Bro...

I love Graduation. Hell, I even like 808s for what it is. I'm a big Lupe fan, and have been ever since I heard him on Late Registration.

I even like a good 4/5 of B.o.B's album which isn't liked that well here.

The Show Goes On, as I said before -- it lyrically is decent. It's Lupe. The production sounds iffy. I don't know what is up with it, and I can't describe it. Maybe it sounds cheap? Lupe's done radio friendly hits before such as Shining Down, Superstar, and Kick Push. I can listen to those no problem.

Hell, Erase Me, by Kid Cudi? I can listen to that with no problem either.

In my opinion, The Show Goes On is probably my least liked track out of that bunch of Lupe radio friendly hits, and in my opinion it sounds like his weakest effort out of that.

If he can make some money off of it, more power to him. I'd love for more people to know of Lupe.

Nabs

enzo_gt said:

:lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
:lol Bro...

I love Graduation. Hell, I even like 808s for what it is. I'm a big Lupe fan, and have been ever since I heard him on Late Registration.

I even like a good 4/5 of B.o.B's album which isn't liked that well here.

The Show Goes On, as I said before -- it lyrically is decent. It's Lupe. The production sounds iffy. I don't know what is up with it, and I can't describe it. Maybe it sounds cheap? Lupe's done radio friendly hits before such as Shining Down, Superstar, and Kick Push. I can listen to those no problem.

Hell, Erase Me, by Kid Cudi? I can listen to that with no problem either.

In my opinion, The Show Goes On is probably my least liked track out of that bunch of Lupe radio friendly hits, and in my opinion it sounds like his weakest effort out of that.

If he can make some money off of it, more power to him. I'd love for more people to know of Lupe.
The Show Goes On >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm Beamin'. A clear improvement to me as far as attempts for a radio-friendly song goes, though compared to the rest you mentioned I do feel like its slightly less good. I understand the notion of how it does sound a bit cheap and cheesy, but its really feel good and at the end of the day, its pretty damn listenable.

It's like when people went from Diamonds, Heard Em Say and Drive Slow to Stronger. There was loads of backlash, and I feel like The Show Goes On just seems inferior in comparison in a similar way, but on its own is a pretty good song. And I like the beat too, it grows on you. Lupe just feels on point as usual, and I think the chorus is changing people's minds on whether its a "traditional Lupe song."

/didn't listen to Food & Liquor in entirety.

enzo_gt said:
The Show Goes On >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm Beamin'. A clear improvement to me as far as attempts for a radio-friendly song goes, though compared to the rest you mentioned I do feel like its slightly less good. I understand the notion of how it does sound a bit cheap and cheesy, but its really feel good and at the end of the day, its pretty damn listenable.

It's like when people went from Diamonds, Heard Em Say and Drive Slow to Stronger. There was loads of backlash, and I feel like The Show Goes On just seems inferior in comparison in a similar way, but on its own is a pretty good song. And I like the beat too, it grows on you. Lupe just feels on point as usual, and I think the chorus is changing people's minds on whether its a "traditional Lupe song."

/didn't listen to Food & Liquor in entirety.
I like I'm Beamin more, actually. I like Go To Sleep the most out of current Lupe songs out there. Beat is slick, lyrics are even sicker.

With The Show Goes On, it also feels like Lupe is forcing it. If Atlantic really did push for more radio friendly hits, I'd feel uncomfortable to.

I really don't know how to explain it. Maybe it is a grower, since I've only listened to it twice, but I've never had that problem with Lupe. Most songs that I hear from him, I instantly get hooked on and listen to more than once, but I didn't get that feeling with The Show Goes On.

And you better go get Food & Liquor, man. Shame on your goofy ass. :lol

The M.O.B said:

I feel you. But that beat was ill. I found it quite unique. the rest, I agree with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
I like I'm Beamin more, actually. I like Go To Sleep the most out of current Lupe songs out there. Beat is slick, lyrics are even sicker.

With The Show Goes On, it also feels like Lupe is forcing it. If Atlantic really did push for more radio friendly hits, I'd feel uncomfortable to.

I really don't know how to explain it. Maybe it is a grower, since I've only listened to it twice, but I've never had that problem with Lupe. Most songs that I hear from him, I instantly get hooked on and listen to more than once, but I didn't get that feeling with The Show Goes On.

And you better go get Food & Liquor, man. Shame on your goofy ass. :lol
:lol Yeah I probably should. But I feel like it won't be as good since I heard The Cool first. I don't know why but I don't feel the forced part in the song, but if your uncomfortable with the song, that's probably why you feel distaste towards it. Different strokes, but I'm loving it. The lyrics aren't as A++ as usual, but they're still an A.

Dreams-Visions said:
I feel you. But that beat was ill. I found it quite unique. the rest, I agree with.
The beat sounds like its trying to get somewhere, but never does.

enzo_gt said:
The beat sounds like its trying to get somewhere, but never does.
I'm in love with the viola/cello cadence. I sowwy, but I just love it. the rest can fly a kite, and I agree it seems like it should go somewhere else when the additional sound layers come in, then disappear. but I could listen to that stringed instrument part all day long.

apana

What's up with these strange Eminem collabs? Em just phones in his verse on this one. I swear some of it didnt even rhyme. He just said it really fast. Also Nicki Minaj wasnt that bad but people will criticize regardless.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The monotonous strings just get annoying a few minutes into the song. The short section of beat that comes in at :58 doesn't even make sense.

Beat is total shit.
Knux-Future said:
Don't know if anyone gives a shit but Nicki Manaj has a song with Eminem. Em brings his underground flow but can't save the song....

Here it is....

http://usershare.net/rsygggl112no
Nicki's verses are so shit! :lol

And she's doing that Drake/Wayne shit that I hate.

Hang it up... flat screen. I got bars.... sentencing. You at a stand still... mannequin.

Oh, and her yelling in the fake English accent at the end. UGH.

Have I ever heard Eminem waste decent bars on a worst song?

K.Jack said:

Hang it up... flat screen. I got bars.... sentencing. You at a stand still... mannequin.
I CAN NOT STAND THAT SHIT! It's the only thing I hate more than randomly rhyming words together with no point what so ever...

K.Jack said:
The monotonous strings just get annoying a few minutes into the song. The short section of beat that comes in at :58 doesn't even make sense.

Beat is total shit.
I like the beat. But like any beat, I can understand how it could become irritating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K.Jack said:

Beat is total shit.

Oh, and her yelling in the fake English accent at the end. UGH.

Have I ever heard Eminem waste decent bars on a worst song?
Holy shit, THIS THIS THIS THIS. No wonder Drake said he's not doing this shit again, everyone jacked this style and has made it fucking redundant and annoying as shit. She's dumbed down the metaphors so much it annoys the shit out of me.

I'm gonna go listen to some Fab now for some therapy.

Bowser

enzo_gt said:
Holy shit, THIS THIS THIS THIS. No wonder Drake said he's not doing this shit again, everyone jacked this style and has made it fucking redundant and annoying as shit. She's dumbed down the metaphors so much it annoys the shit out of me.

I'm gonna go listen to some Fab now for some therapy.

I think Nicki may have just usurped Luda for the worst punchlines...not sure though, Luda's were hella terrible:

"I blow it up, BALLOONS!"
"Comin' down the street like a parade, MACY'S!"

On second thought, no, Luda's are still worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom