• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I was being serious about those two tracks they aren't awful, but they aren't good...:lol

Everything else is horrendous, at least on Red Flame. Listen to the track with Cormega, he's trying to be serious.

Jake.

YOUR GIRLFRIEND LIKES TO FUCK A KILLER;
THAT'S COLA COLA.
I'M COCA COLA.
SHE'S A SPRITE BITCH,
I GUARANTEE YOU'RE DIET SODA.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
and i was gonna go to wiz's concert tomorrow.... :(

fuck ECU cops. the guy gets high and makes good music, shame what cops waste their time on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9DM23onBk

Lil B getting down son! Spit that shit homie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99IOpi0jzY

Lil B killed it. FIRE!

ja0m5.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Got back from the Luda/ J.Cole concert. J.Cole was actually pretty decent. Obviously needs a bigger catalog but he made good use of what he had. I enjoy some of his stuff but I really wasn't expecting much. He managed to surprise me. Also covered a Wale song, which he did really well.
Luda was a mixed bag. He had the audience hype as fuck so the atmosphere was great. And his older shit was fantastic. But his more "subdued" stuff like area codes, blueberry yumyum, etc...all kind of ran together and was underwhelming. When he brought out the heat though it was great. The worst part was when he starting covering fucking gucci mane songs. Luckily that only lasted for about two halve songs.

and on a side note the Kanye album is fucking bullshit. Oh hooray a collection of songs I already downloaded weeks and months ago from your site and stopped listening to after a day. Thanks Kanye. An overproduced version of All of the Lights isn't enough to get me excited for this nonsense. 9 minutes songs? Really? You fucking hack. At least Hell of a Life is still awesome. /End sure to be unpopular rant

Jake. said:
red flame is sooooo fucking good, 'you will pay' is the best joint on it judging by first listen through.

1LSCK.jpg

@LILBTHEBASEDGOD man u need to put yo shit in stores and stop this underground shit man u stoppin yo money from flowin like sprin water.

Yesssssss! Love the album art. Throw back to the shitty album art of the 90s.

HiResDes

Lambtron said:
I don't want to bother starting a new thread for this, but I turned on Sex Style by Kool Keith for the first time in a few months, and it still fucking rules. This album is way better than Dr. Octagonecologyst, but for some reason it doesn't get nearly enough love.

Basically, listen to Sex Style if you never have. It just got reissued a year or two ago.

Sex Style is my favorite Kool Keith album behind Masters of Illusion if that even counts.

New Cole is bonkers. My favorite track since Premeditated Murder.

ShinobiFist said:
On the reals, I don't know how homeboy is so RANDOM. It can't be the drugs.......

This one is a gem, just because of the vid....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJ-5drmCZQ

Please tell me you've seen the Das Racist version, it's synched perfectly

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
HiResDes said:
Don't do it. Listen to Danny Brown instead. He's just as funny, yet completely not shitty.
Lil B is not shitty at all. He's weird as fuck but he spits some hard bars. He absolutely destroyed Joe Budden in "T-Shirt and Buddens." But Lil B is too fucking BASED, he defies expectations.

"Shut the fuck up with those depressin' ass songs. It's the summer time, get some fuckin' pussy and go home. Pump it up, pump it up, I'm finna fuck your bitch Joey. Bitch I'm Based God, I should write you a fuckin' hit Joey." Oh god damn based god, take my keys.

HiResDes

shadowcomplex said:
what the fuck did i just fast forward through.
Greatness. It's a music video. Kinda lame you fast-forwarded. And yeah I think Lil'B is purposefully shitty, it's a choice, but he's still shitty.

IrishNinja

what the fuck hip hop gaf
this is some post modern ironic shit with based god right
like i love souljah boy hurrrr right

oh god why cant i stop listening to this dumbass danny brown shit goddammit you people made me stoopid/based too

IrishNinja

dude no offense - you aint gotta rap about stuff like water birthing or delayed katrina response to be thoughtful but there's a scale, and those 2 songs weren't even up to biz markie tier.

to his credit: a fucking poet if left on the based god/bitch i look like goku tier.

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:

dude no offense - you aint gotta rap about stuff like water birthing or delayed katrina response to be thoughtful but there's a scale, and those 2 songs weren't even up to biz markie tier.
He's definitely thoughtful, deep no - But he's not trying to be on those tracks. They are funny and gritty at the same time.

Want do you want something laidback - S.O.S.

But his best tracks are those like Cyclops. I don't know how you don't find lines like text a bitch LOL, but I don't be laughing in his serious tone not funny. Or Trying to find a way to bottle up pussy juice. Or the Caillou reference :lol

There are so many quotable, forget about this section:

“my homie a magician with the tech/
…make your chain disappear and reappear on his neck//”

“I’ll throw you in the river, hands tied tight/
watch your ass drown, feel it in the air tonight//
I’m spitting that dope shit, smoking on regulars/
writing 16′s like internet child predators//”

I'm kinda glad the Based crowd found their way into this thread, some of you guys are too close-minded when it comes to hip-hop...You want every rapper to be on some Aesop Rock shit or some overly serious shit. Rap/hip-hop is more than that. Danny Brown is a funny, clever dude.

IrishNinja

HiResDes said:
He's definitely thoughtful, deep no - But he's not trying to be on those tracks. They are funny and gritty at the same time.

Want do you want something laidback - S.O.S.

that last one wasn't bad. you're right, id never wanna say every MC/track oughta be thoughtful...i guess my personal criteria is that you can pretty much talk about whatever, but if you're on the same shit as a lot of other dudes, you better say it slightly different or have a good flow. speaking of, his flow in this track wasn't bad (good call, i dig more laid back shit most times:D ) but i dont know that ill remember the dude after listening to a few more artists, you know?

speaking of, my backlog is stupid long from this thread. i bumped up kno's death is silent cause of all the love here from toku err'body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom