• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
Blame One's new album is pretty nice too, didn't have it on my top ten but by the end of the year it'll probably be there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODai2ceJQ6E

There's a song on there that blew me damn face off. Classic Hits. It's not on youtube but you can find it on his myspace (lol)
http://www.myspace.com/rudebwoyblame/music/songs/classic-hits-prod-jsupreme-75596884

sort of gives me a rza vibe sheeit

Yea, what they do to that vocal sample (whooo) is striaght from the Wu/Rza school of sampling/looping. If the beat wasn't so polished/was a less complex loop, no way you could tell it wasnt by RZA. Didn't care too much for Blame One's last album with Exile.

Ashhong

I had to bring back the Based talk so I could post this GIF. Never saw this version :lol

based.jpg

TheOddOne

HiResDes said:
WTF? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.*Opinions ignored from now on* :lol
Freeway & JakeOne album had bangin' beats from beginning till end. The tape deck had none.

TheOddOne said:
Freeway & JakeOne album had bangin' beats from beginning till end. The tape deck had none.
Shocked-768888.jpg

Really? Dude, Speaker Box & Krylon are fucking sick. The Freeway album was good, but not that good(Production wise)Jake One needs to ask the BASED GOD for guidance in his production.

IrishNinja

you know what? fuck it, if i can make peace with mike jones (who? MIKE JONES), i think i'm ready to accept the BASED GOD into my heart.

MjFrancis

FairyD said:
Anyone ever check out B. Dolan?
I got Fallen House, Sunken City, and I think he's decent. Nothing spectacular, but he has some worthwhile bumps.

I enjoy Sage Francis a great deal more, and even his stuff is hit-or-miss with me. Though when he hits, his tracks are brilliant. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jesus christ the new J. Cole song may be one of his best yet. and he's proven he's got producing chops too, goddamn. history in the making.

RPS37

reKon said:
J. Cole joint is great.

anyone hear the new lupe though? smh, soulja boy

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=97902

I like it.
Supposedly it's a response to this:
XXLmag.com said:
Soulja Boy may have made a conscious decision to step up his lyrical game on his upcoming album The DeAndre Way, but that doesn’t mean he plans on confusing his fans.

In XXL’s November 2010 issue, on stands now, SB tells us he has grown as an MC. “I can’t keep playin’ around, because if you keep playin’ around, people are gonna think you’re a joke,” he said in the piece, written by contributor Matt Barone. “At some point, you have to get serious.”

But don’t get it twisted, Soulja doesn’t wanna be the next Lupe Fiasco. “I don’t want to be super-Lupe-Fiasco-lyrical and niggas don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about,” he added.

“I want to be the best,” he continued. “I want to be recognized in that category where I’m nominated for Best Rapper with Jay-Z and Kanye and Wayne. I wanna get a Grammy. I want Best Rap Album of the Year… I’ve made millions of dollars off of doing my style, but, hey, I can rap, too.”

The DeAndre Way hits stores on November 30. XXL’s November 2010 issue with Soulja Boy and 50 Cent on the cover is on newstands nationwide now. —XXL Staff

Then Lupe was re-iterating on twitter that it's "not a diss track, it's DISSGUSTING track."
Whatever. When I listened to it, I didn't even know about the Souljah Boy nonsense.

MMaRsu

RPS37 said:
Friday Night Lights Trailer

I'm pretty sure I didn't see this posted yet.
I really like that on the post on 2dopeboyz Meka mentioned the TV show. Cred.

Nice trailer... like I said on youtube, J.Cole is going straight to the top ( hopefully ). And when he hits up me country I'll be there front row with a J blazin :D

HiResDes

Dreams-Visions said:
listened to it again.

HOLY SHIT..

Lupe > > > your favorite lyricist.

I don't think I've heard a single throw-away verse or stanza. Seriously. Super Lupe indeed.
I disagree, although I did like his last track.

IrishNinja

spindashing said:
So Malice really did "find religion"...

fuuuuuck for real? was wondering where my favorite half of the clipse went...i mean, good for him, long as he doesn't Mase it up.

K.Jack said:
WOW @ the comments section. There's seriously people out there who think Lupe is the greatest lyricist ever.

no one thinks this. lupe's moms does not think this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom