• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickD

Just got some kinfolk in my hood up on Lil' B. Who needs that Kanye CD when we got rocks/cocaine/bitches. Swag Swag. Play it in yo car, Redflame all over my face.

DominoKid

Wiz concert was a mix of good and bad

Good
- KRIT even though the uneducated audience wasnt into him, he went hard as fuck
- Wiz' stage presence is massive. He basically had the crowd eating out his hand the entire set. Good Dank live is fucking AMAZING.

Bad
- the shitty, local dudes before KRIT
- the 2 30 minute waits between the performances of the local dudes, KRIT and Wiz
- they didnt do Glass House which makes no sense to me.

IrishNinja

ShinobiFist said:
La The Darkman-Return Of The Darkman-2010

Straight banger. That old Wu shit right there(Production Wise)Loving this year man.

goddamn, dude. would've slept on this for months before someone put it out there...good lookin out!

Man, I got more shit I want to post, but I rather stretch it out. Same could be said about a lot of the fellow GAF-HOP members as well. I'm just fortunate to be having hook-ups with some of my record pool buddies from my label days. I miss the industry, and can't wait to go back to it. When I do go back, is not for a HIP-HOP label or major(Unless is for Dame Dash or Stone Throw)Most likely a Indie-Rock label, Folk or straight up Metal.

Here's another album for the night.

Custom Made-Hi-Def-2010
gDj1x.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Hi-Def (Intro)
02. Touch a Pen feat. Woozy & Paradox
03. Watch That feat. Mac Lucci
04. Don’t Leave Me feat. S-Mak
05. Hip-Hop
06. Dopamine (Interlude)
07. Picture Me Rollin feat. Paradox & Woozy
08. Gravel Swag feat. Woozy & S-Mak
09. Oooh Baby feat. Six
10. LA Steeze feat. Woozy
11. Crime Life
12. Ode 2 Colt (Interlude)
13. Flow-Five feat. S-Mak
14. Easy On Yourself

I'm a huge fans of these guys. I posted about them in the past, a very solid album right here.

commissar

Huh. Looks like the Friday Light Nights countdown timer is according to your local time instead of being a specific actual moment :(

Back to waiting.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
DominoKid said:
Wiz concert was a mix of good and bad

Good
- KRIT even though the uneducated audience wasnt into him, he went hard as fuck.
I heard about KRIT getting booed at a show up in NY recently. WTF people?

enzo_gt said:
I hope Wale is not the surprise feature on the album, because I find him incredibly average.
........ENZO. -____- The Mixtape About Nothing, please look into that if you have not.

The Artistic Integrity still gives me chills...

MMaRsu

I am really anticipating FNL.

When is it coming? The website is using my internal clock so it says 1hr left or something, so that can't be right.

You guys think it'll deserve a separate thread? Or just a J.Cole appreciation thread? ^^

I agree with a separate thread.

J Cole took my by storm on that Attention Deficit song, Beautiful Bliss.

was so good. and I continue to be impressed with his work.

Ashhong said:
FNL should get its own thread in my opinion.

Anyway, I had nowhere else to post this. Keri Hilson looks DAMN good in her new video. Cool video too, a lot of throwbacks to iconic female videos

http://www.twitvid.com/5TLV6

She is a gorgeous woman. I like the homage to Beyounce, Monica, TLC, Janet Jackson, etc. I felt bad though, as I had the song on mute while I listen to Kanye.

MMaRsu

Ok I can create a thread.. but then again I'd have to wait till it's up and I may be asleep at that time. Which is why I asked does anybody know around what time it's coming out?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
FNL will be dope, but it most definitely does not need it's own thread. The only people who would care are all in this thread already (if they weren't chased off by the lil b crap).

Ashhong

Spiderjericho said:
She is a gorgeous woman. I like the homage to Beyounce, Monica, TLC, Janet Jackson, etc. I felt bad though, as I had the song on mute while I listen to Kanye.
:lol

siddx said:
FNL will be dope, but it most definitely does not need it's own thread. The only people who would care are all in this thread already (if they weren't chased off by the lil b crap).

I would say that it could help expose him..but I think you're right. Any hip hop fan is already in this thread.

MMaRsu

Ashhong said:
:lol

I would say that it could help expose him..but I think you're right. Any hip hop fan is already in this thread.

True but with a nice sensationalist title it could help expose him some more. In my opinion he's one of the best new MC's in hiphop these days. If not THE BEST new mc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I agree with J. Cole appreciation thread, time it with launch of Friday night lights and guide people to his older stuff too. Word needs to get out (around GAF) of the dude.

Threi

notag
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I still listen to Lupe's Food and Liqour album.
When The Cool was released i said they were equal, but over time F&L has slowly been winning me over as the (slightly) better album. Both are nice though.

lol @ anything concerning Lupe now though.

guys, is it just me or...

would you guys also REALLY like to see more real instruments in hip-hop? the new Kanye ocassionally throws them in there and the sound so damn good. Roots uses them religiously, of course. I guess I'm just kinda tired of the status quo canned sfx...and real instruments just make me perk right up.

Recon

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

would you guys also REALLY like to see more real instruments in hip-hop? the new Kanye ocassionally throws them in there and the sound so damn good. Roots uses them religiously, of course. I guess I'm just kinda tired of the status quo canned sfx...and real instruments just make me perk right up.

I love real instruments in my hip-hop, but unless you play the instruments yourself, its really expensive to get session musicians.

Dreams-Visions said:

Totally agreed. Definitely love what Madlib, The Roots, and some other producers do with live instruments. I love a good sample, but it can be livened up with live drums and bass for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom