• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

PhoenixDark said:
on that track now.

sheeeit

You'd think you guys had never heard that beat before...:lol

BTW, this is one immaculate tape of old-school hip-hop :D :D :D

20101112-BOOGIE.jpg
20101112-BOOGIE1.jpg

Mick Boogie - '93 Til Infinity

MickD

Coping the Mick Boogie tape, look at all those people. Hope its good.

Ah bad ass J Elect to ROC! I was in a usteam with him, only a few people in there too, he started to follow me on twitter lol. Good to hear!

He would be the best in the game if he gave a fuck :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
jobber said:
that doesn't mean shit

it's like 6 other artist signed and the only one that you ever hear is J Cole and he's putting all his music on mixtapes.

But Jay-E has some buzz about him going in. No one else I even really heard of like that.

It means Jay gets another foot in the door and more responsibilities to actually release music. I'm all for it.

I wonder what happens with the Decon deal. Act II belongs to them, and I think Just Blaze said other labels were trying to sign him to get Act III which will be the actual album.

I just heard the news that Jay Elect was signed. Here's hoping he comes through with new content because... Yeah, Act II is just a myth like Detox is.

As for Roc Nation artists not doing anything other than Cole...

Wale? He released a killer mixtape this year -- granted it was not as good as The Mixtape About Nothing (its predecessor) and his debut album while not selling too stellar, was good.

My peoples at WKCR-NY(I'm a few blocks away)are laughing at the new Conway West album:lol I'm about to head to the radio station and listen to this, it can't be that bad, right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ShinobiFist said:
My peoples at WKCR-NY are laughing at the new Conway West album:lol I'm about to head to the radio station and listen to this, it can't be that bad, right?

You've heard 75% of it already

HiResDes

ShinobiFist said:
My peoples at WKCR-NY(I'm a few blocks away)are laughing at the new Conway West album:lol I'm about to head to the radio station and listen to this, it can't be that bad, right?
I can't tell if you're trolling or not now :lol

HiResDes said:
I can't tell if you're trolling or not now :lol
Not trolling, I avoided every single Conway West tracks for awhile....I haven't even peep all the G.O.O.D Friday tracks. I only recall one. The one were Kid Cudi is mumbling his words, lol. Anyway, I'm in the station now...Can't wait.

ShinobiFist said:
Not trolling, I avoided every single Conway West tracks for awhile....I haven't even peep all the G.O.O.D Friday tracks. I only recall one. The one were Kid Cudi is mumbling his words, lol. Anyway, I'm in the station now...Can't wait.

I haven't even listened to the album -- I'm waiting for my copy in the mail, but everyone's been saying that it's straight fire, man. It's held in high regards by a lot of people.

And I know Lupe is an enemy of a lot of people around here, but I just started listening to SLR.

That shit is fucking fire, I don't give a fuck what you guys say. SLR + Go To Sleep > The Show Goes On, though.

Pharrell what these n****s talkin bout?
2 man Big Pun, a 1 man Slaughterhouse.
A 2 album Jay-Z, a 1 n***a Wu-Tang,
Young and hungry Mos Def, a conscious rappin' Lil Wayne.
I dont care for similarities,
'Cause I'm a pioneer, not a parody.
These are bars, this is barbarity.
SLR ... Clarity!

Shiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. FIRE.

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:
And I know Lupe is an enemy of a lot of people around here, but I just started listening to SLR.

That shit is fucking fire, I don't give a fuck what you guys say. SLR + Go To Sleep > The Show Goes On, though.

SLR ... Clarity!

Yeah, Lupe has proven without a doubt he is one of the coldest in the game. LOL @ everyone saying he fell off.

The M.O.B

spindashing said:

SLR ... Clarity!

I have been telling people this, when he wants to Lupe can stand next to some of the best.

Lupe has burned so many bridges and is an asshole; 2dope and nahright won't even post anything from him anymore. But he's dope. I hope Lasers is good

HiResDes said:
One song and now everyone's on his dick...Please, that Modest Mouse cookie-cutter shit was god-awful.

Man, I'm a big Lupe stan and even I admitted that The Show Goes On sucks. SLR and Go To Sleep are leagues above that coonery. LISTEN to SLR. TELL ME IT'S NOT DOPE. If you say no you're not invited to my clubhouse you jive turkey.

PhoenixDark said:
Lupe has burned so many bridges and is an asshole; 2dope and nahright won't even post anything from him anymore. But he's dope. I hope Lasers is good

Yeah, you're right. I remember nahright posting something recent with Lupe and they actually called him "Loopy Fiasco." :lol

I don't know. As long as he released good shit, I'll be a fan. I hope Lasers is good too, but The Show Goes On was ... abysmal. I'm hoping the other tracks from the album are better. I'm still waiting for State Run Radio and Beautiful Lasers.

Kusagari

I love Lupe too much to hate on him for The Show Goes On. I'm 99% sure that's something the record label made him put on there so they would release Lasers. I just hope that the majority of the album remains what he wanted to release and not what the record label wants him to release.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
http://www.twitvid.com/RLPAG

OMFG JAY ELECTRONICA *BOW*

Earlier I spoke to Jay E. about the big news, and his plans. He said that the actual contract was signed on Saturday, after a few weeks of intense daily communication and creative courtship. How did it start? With a chance meeting at the Spotted Pig. How did Electronica know Hov was serious? His second replay email came attached with a verse. That ended up becoming the Jay Electronica and Jay-Z collaboration “Shiny Suit Theory” (featuring French chanteuse Charlotte Gainsbourg and The-Dream).

There’s irony in the fact Jay-Z appears on a Jay Elec song that’s based on Diddy’s description of Jay Elec. Because Diddy has been mentoring and courting Jay for over a year, in the hopes of signing him as well. Electronica insists he values everything Puff contributed and hopes to have him involved in his career, but said “Jay-Z made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. And I have the freedom I need too.” The natural of the underground, the anti-establishment, the independent artist is rapidly changing…so I’m anxious to see what happens when Jay the conglomerate and Jay the mystic mix commerce and art.

HiResDes

Dude I used to be a Lupe junkie too...I just have to say on the pessimistic side, so I won't be disappointed. SLR is dope, I must admit, even though I think he went a little too far with the enigmatic nature of some of his wordplay. And Go to Sleep was also very dope. Shit even I'm Beaming was dope, but I can't get too hyped with for the album. I'd have already gone crazy from waiting by now.

Kusagari said:
I love Lupe too much to hate on him for The Show Goes On. I'm 99% sure that's something the record label made him put on there so they would release Lasers. I just hope that the majority of the album remains what he wanted to release and not what the record label wants him to release.

That's how I feel too, that the record label pushed him to make a "radio-hit." I can't stomach it no matter how much I try, though...

Holy shit. Holy shit. I wanted that so bad. Jay-Z + Jay Electronica. Oh damn... :D

HiResDes said:
Dude I used to be a Lupe junkie too...I just have to say on the pessimistic side, so I won't be disappointed. SLR is dope, I must admit, even though I think he went a little too far with the enigmatic nature of some of his wordplay. And Go to Sleep was also very dope. Shit even I'm Beaming was dope, but I can't get too hyped with for the album. I'd have already gone crazy from waiting by now.

!!! I knew it. I understand you fully, really, and I think I'd be on your side if I wasn't such a crazy Lupe stan. After Lupe continually dug himself into a hole, I was just as pessimistic as you. On last.fm, Lupe went from my #1 listened artist only to be beat by KID CUDI of all people.

I dunno. He's making some good music aside from the bullshit he's doing. Keep The Show Goes on and his BMF rendition which I've erased from my memories away, and if he makes more tracks like SLR and Go To Sleep, it's all good.

I'm still hoping for good things, but Lord knows Atlantic made changes to his album. As soon as his contract is done with them, he needs to jet...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oldschoolgamer said:
Poor Cole. I can easily see that shit affecting him negatively.

Great for Electronica though. He evaded the Diddy curse. :lol

I respect Jay-Z for cock blocking the fuck out of Diddy. Not for Jay-Z, but for Jay-E's sake.

J. Cole should've called himself Jay Cole, but now that we're so used to "J.", the other way looks weird.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Oldschoolgamer said:
Poor Cole. I can easily see that shit affecting him negatively.

Great for Electronica though. He evaded the Diddy curse. :lol

Doesn't matter where he signed to, Diddy could still executive produce his album if he wants. The ONLY way Jay E could get any shine in the mainstream is if he joins Diddy and Ross on their EP (which will be out in 2016)

edit:

Banks and Eminem track leaked...HFM got more leaks than Kanye's album

Tokubetsu

Does this mean we'll ever see an album now?

This deal makes no sense. Jay Elec has zero mainstream appeal. He's not young and handsome, he doesn't really do swagger rap and he's on some next level new age hippy shit all the time.

What's the deal with this long ass tracks? And why the hell did he let Rick Ross on the Devil In A New Dress, track? Homeboy ruined it. And I thought Conway West was doing a Boom Bap album with all this talk of Primo, RZA and other producers saying is the truth....Not feeling this at all. The production is all over the place, his doing to much on certain tracks..If you want to go with a different style of producing, stick to a theme...Like the Roots did in their new album. One of the best albums produce this year, it has a great flow. Conway West is falling into the same path as RJD2 and DJ Shadow in production. I didn't include Danger Mouse, because his rock projects have been really good so far. Shit, KNO went with a Euro influence sound but still manage to capture a solid sound that wasn't a mess(Like the Runaway track)

And apparently, Conway West discover something call "Distortion" because he went heavy with it for this album...Shit, I almost didn't recognize Raekwon on "Gorgeous"(Love this track BTW)"Lost in the World" was greatly produce, but again, too long..That breakdown should have come sooner. Conway West needed someone to calm him down on this album. Look at Lucas and Kojima for example, they have nothing but "Yes" man around them, and that's not good. And that's what Conway West has around him.

Tokubetsu said:
Does this mean we'll ever see an album now?

This deal makes no sense. Jay Elec has zero mainstream appeal. He's not young and handsome, he doesn't really do swagger rap and he's on some next level new age hippy shit all the time.

Roc Nation is built more for touring and entertainment, so it's most likely a 360 deal where they get a percentage of his tour money, he gets creative freedom. Dude sells out shows around the globe and has a loyal following. Won't translate into record sales but the man has the people, the blogs, everyone on his side. Almost the same situation as with J Cole, although he's obviously more marketable.

I wonder how they're gonna clean him up though lol. Dude is overweight, needs to see an orthodontist, and rambles uncontrollably during interviews.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You're serious with the Conway thing :lol :lol :lol

But I agree with your assessment. I am cutting some portion of like 6 tracks on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom