• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stat Flow said:
You're serious with the Conway thing :lol :lol :lol

But I agree with your assessment. I am cutting some portion of like 6 tracks on the album.
Dude, I'm going to edit the album to my liking, lol. On the Conway thing, it comes from G.W. Bush JR. That's what he called him in national TV, lol. What's funny is that Conway is a cheap department store, lol.

Saw Hov on his way out. Me: "Is Jay E gonna have an album soon?" Jay: "Yes!" Me: "1st quarter?" Jay: "Yes!" "Can I hold you to that?" "Yes!"
http://twitter.com/#!/ToureX/status/3309587834871808

we don't believe you, you need more people

but plz be true dammit

ShinobiFist said:
What's the deal with this long ass tracks? And why the hell did he let Rick Ross on the Devil In A New Dress, track? Homeboy ruined it. And I thought Conway West was doing a Boom Bap album with all this talk of Primo, RZA and other producers saying is the truth....Not feeling this at all. The production is all over the place, his doing to much on certain tracks..If you want to go with a different style of producing, stick to a theme...Like the Roots did in their new album. One of the best albums produce this year, it has a great flow. Conway West is falling into the same path as RJD2 and DJ Shadow in production. I didn't include Danger Mouse, because his rock projects have been really good so far. Shit, KNO went with a Euro influence sound but still manage to capture a solid sound that wasn't a mess(Like the Runaway track)

And apparently, Conway West discover something call "Distortion" because he went heavy with it for this album...Shit, I almost didn't recognize Raekwon on "Gorgeous"(Love this track BTW)"Lost in the World" was greatly produce, but again, too long..That breakdown should have come sooner. Conway West needed someone to call him down on this album. Look at Lucas and Kojima for example, they have nothing but "Yes" man around them, and that's not good. And that's what Conway West has around them.
Totally agree

Nabs

Dang. Late in checking that Damu - Bright Side Remix dafish posted, but good googley moogley... Feels like a blend of 3 different Pete joints.

Nabs

Wait, what the fuck did I miss? Electro & Hov?! Word? Sheeeit. The closest thing we've come to actually hearing new music.

HiResDes

20101113-CHAIN.jpg

Kanye West - Chain Heavy Ft. Talib Kweli & Consequence (Prod. Q-Tip)

effzee

spindashing said:
Man, I'm a big Lupe stan and even I admitted that The Show Goes On sucks. SLR and Go To Sleep are leagues above that coonery. LISTEN to SLR. TELL ME IT'S NOT DOPE. If you say no you're not invited to my clubhouse you jive turkey.

Yeah, you're right. I remember nahright posting something recent with Lupe and they actually called him "Loopy Fiasco." :lol

I don't know. As long as he released good shit, I'll be a fan. I hope Lasers is good too, but The Show Goes On was ... abysmal. I'm hoping the other tracks from the album are better. I'm still waiting for State Run Radio and Beautiful Lasers.

Wait people don't like the Show Goes On? I mean its not the best song ever, not the best Lupe song, not the best Song of the Year, or any TITLE you might assign to songs but wtf its a good intro to the album song. Its not like he is rapping about bitches, money, or how gangsta he is. The beat is radio friendly but thats about it.

lol @ me waking up today and seeing every hip hop site completely gushing over Friday Nights Lights, and Kanye's album. I feel like I'm missing something with these 2 releases. I honestly am not feeling either one that much.

Oh well.

HiResDes

IMO, the beat is a real disappointment and I'm not a huge fan of Consequence either (just throw Q-Tip on the track)...But Friday Night LIghts and Kanye's album are fantastic. Next thing you are gonna tell me is that you don't like Lady Killer.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Tokubetsu said:
Does this mean we'll ever see an album now?

This deal makes no sense. Jay Elec has zero mainstream appeal. He's not young and handsome, he doesn't really do swagger rap and he's on some next level new age hippy shit all the time.
He makes good music?

Bowser

Net_Wrecker said:
lol @ me waking up today and seeing every hip hop site completely gushing over Friday Nights Lights, and Kanye's album. I feel like I'm missing something with these 2 releases. I honestly am not feeling either one that much.

Oh well.

carlwinslow.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Net_Wrecker said:

Oh well.
where were you the past 2 weeks?

HiResDes said:
IMO, the best is a real disappointment and I'm not a huge fan of Consequence either (just throw Q-Tip on the track)...But Friday Night LIghts and Kanye's album are fantastic. Next thing you are gonna tell me is that you don't like Lady Killer.
Bowser said:

lol

Trust me, I don't WANT to not enjoy these 2 projects, but they just aren't clicking with me. I definetely am not calling them "bad" but I just don't get it. Maybe I'm broken.:lol

Tokubetsu

Chain Heavy needs a fucking harder/scarier beat. Something loud and just hard as shit. A lex luger-esque beat. Something Waka and Ross would feel at home on.

Bad_Boy said:
He makes good music?
Jay-Z is a business man first.

Meh that Kanye thread doesn't have a good vibe.

Anyway, Chain Heavy -- what the hell is up with that Halloween beat. I expected something ra--

Oh you guys already covered that. Nevermind. :lol

peterb0y said:
does that mean you like Talib's flow or not?
Most likely he likes it. I was JUST complaining that I hated Talib's voice yesterday, but I loved his contribution to Chain Heavy.

I'm eating crow right now. Tastes like chicken...

PBY

Banned
Yeah, Talib is good on that track... I really like him, but damn, my dude CANNOT stay on beat :lol His lyrics are always on point, but damn. It was pretty bad in RPM, go listen to the ballad of the black gold

Diddy catching feelings over Jay Elec signing with Jay Z
http://twitter.com/#!/iamdiddy/status/3511850373218304
:lol

fuck that dick riding snake. Hate seeing Rick Ross hanging out with him all the damn time

methodman

Banned
Damn, J.Cole's new mixtape is fire. Dude is really good, thanks for all the recommendations for The Warm Up in this thread. Been listening to a lot of his other stuff, he just is so consistent with it.

Nabs

PhoenixDark said:

fuck that dick riding snake. Hate seeing Rick Ross hanging out with him all the damn time

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Tokubetsu said:
Chain Heavy needs a fucking harder/scarier beat. Something loud and just hard as shit. A lex luger-esque beat. Something Waka and Ross would feel at home on.

Jay-Z is a business man first.
good music can make money. can, being the keyword. of course not all good music makes money.

TheOddOne

PhoenixDark said:
I notice Just Blaze hasn't said anything about the Roc Nation deal; wonder what he thinks about it.
Just Blaze can barely run his own label, remember Saigon?

He'll prolly contribute some more beats based on one-hit wonders.

RPS37

GodfatherX said:
new tape?

Vizzy Zone is hopefully a fluke misstep
He posted about there being new music next week. Probably just another freestyle.

I like Vizzy Zone (Familiar/Isn't It Awesome/Best is Yet to Come are all really good.) I wanna see XV win.

PhoenixDark said:

I almost expected him to be like, "I'm shuttin' down the studio." :lol :lol

Bowser

PhoenixDark said:

Can't wait to start integrating "it hurts when breathe" into my everyday conversations :lol

spindashing said:
I almost expected him to be like, "I'm closin' down the studio." :lol :lol

Damn 2011 is going to be epic

Jay Electronica - Act II (?) or III
Blu - NoYork
Blu & Exile
Raekwon - Shaolin v Wu Tang
J Cole
Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told
Jay Z - Watch The Thrown
Madvillainy 2?

Acid08

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Damn 2011 is going to be epic

Jay Electronica - Act II (?) or III
Blu - NoYork
Blu & Exile
Raekwon - Shaolin v Wu Tang
J Cole
Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told
Jay Z - Watch The Thrown
Madvillainy 2?
That shit is supposed to come out this year I though ._. same with Liquid Swords 2. No news on either though.

Acid08 said:
That shit is supposed to come out this year I though ._. same with Liquid Swords 2. No news on either though.

Dunno what happened with Madlib. He was releasing an album a month for the Medicine Show series, then went dark. I had hoped maybe the December one would be Madvillainy2 lol

RPS37 said:
No York doesn't have a date or anything though, does it?

First quarter 2011. I doubt it'll make that date, but it'll come out sometime next year lol

Vibe: It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, how’s everything been?

Blu: Everything has been good. I’m working on releasing this new album called NoYork! through Sire/Warner Brothers. It should be out be out by the 1st quarter of 2011. I got Flying Lotus, Sam I Am, Shafiq from SA-RA, Exil eand a couple other cats on there.
http://newworldcolor.com/post/1458955601/blu-discusses-no-york-w-vibe

PhoenixDark said:

He should have said "Jay, if I see you in the streets, I'm gonna fuck you in the azz" #BASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom