• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
36 Chambers blew me away from the beginning, but initially there were a few tracks I didn't like too much. Eventually I realized the entire thing was brilliant. Whereas the first time I heard Liquid Swords I thought every track was classic, same with OB4CL for the most part.

Wu is my favorite rap group ever. The sheer amount of classic shit they put out is ridiculous. Sure outside of 36 Chambers and like half of Wu Tang Forever, their group albums aren't consistent, but they have so many awesome solo albums. Which aren't even strict "solo" albums honestly considering the guest appearances from the clan; hell OB4CL might as well be a Ghostface album lol

PhoenixDark said:
36 Chambers blew me away from the beginning, but initially there were a few tracks I didn't like too much. Eventually I realized the entire thing was brilliant. Whereas the first time I heard Liquid Swords I thought every track was classic, same with OB4CL for the most part.

Wu is my favorite rap group ever. The sheer amount of classic shit they put out is ridiculous. Sure outside of 36 Chambers and like half of Wu Tang Forever, their group albums aren't consistent, but they have so many awesome solo albums. Which aren't even strict "solo" albums honestly considering the guest appearances from the clan; hell OB4CL might as well be a Ghostface album lol
for me, it was all about Liquid Swords, Bo4CL and Iron Man.

then a few tracks per album.

Acid08

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Wu is the greatest, real talk. I don't go a day without listening to at least 1 Wu song.

Tokubetsu

What appealed to me the most about Wu-Tang is that their a collective. Sure they have groups who do music together but they're a camp, a movement and they all stood for similar ideals/things. They were putting each other on as long as you were affiliated.

Yup. Sucks that they've been torn apart at different times due to money/jealousy. If they went on a massive world tour they'd make so much money. Hell this would be the perfect time too, with Raekwon keeping the clan relevant.

can't wait for wu tang v shaolin

PBY

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
What appealed to me the most about Wu-Tang is that their a collective. Sure they have groups who do music together but they're a camp, a movement and they all stood for similar ideals/things. They were putting each other on as long as you were affiliated.
yeah, I love their whole Shaolin deal too

uh... also, I just saw this... what do you guys think of this cover?
20101115-SHEEK.jpg

Tokubetsu

peterb0y said:
yeah, I love their whole Shaolin deal too

uh... also, I just saw this... what do you guys think of this cover?
20101115-SHEEK.jpg

I've seen way worse. It's not bad at all actually. High ass concept but they made it work. I'm just glad to see all the dudes from LOX still getting love. I grew up when Money Power & Respect was huge.

RPS37

Did anyone like Mickey Factz - I'm Better Than You?
Does anyone around here like Mickey at all? I've never really heard him and I'm definitely not hating what I'm listening to right now.

EDIT: A few more tracks in...ehhhhh....

Bring Da Ruckus is the hardest first fucking track ever conceived. Shit still makes me want to go to my dining room and karate chop all the chairs.

I haven't listened to Enter the 36 Chambers in months. God damn, I am hyped!

Natural

RPS37 said:
Did anyone like Mickey Factz - I'm Better Than You?
Does anyone around here like Mickey at all? I've never really heard him and I'm definitely not hating what I'm listening to right now.

EDIT: A few more tracks in...ehhhhh....

I like Mickey Factz. Haven't listened to anything of him since The Leak Volume 1: The Understanding though. Is I'm Better Than You any good?

PBY

Banned
Is it worth it to see Freddie Gibbs live? Hes coming to my school tomorrow with Matisyahu, who I don't give two shits about

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
spindashing said:
...Wait what? I don't keep up with anything Wu right now but FFFUUUU. :lol

They said this a few years ago. Snoop, Red, and NAS are official unofficial Wu Tang members.

RJT

soul creator said:
Cherchez La Ghost, How High, Ice Cream, and Protect Your Neck where all added as Def Jam Rapstar DLC last week btw

/street team
Protect Your Neck is the perfect posse song. Should work great...

Ghostface-Killah-Apollo-Kids-nahright-450x450.png

1. Purified Thoughts featuring GZA & Killah Priest
2. Superstar featuring Busta Rhymes
3. Black Tequila featuring Cappadonna & Trife
4. Drama featuring Joell Ortiz & The Game
5. 2getha Baby
6. Starkology
7. In Tha Park featuring Black Thought
8. Handcuffin’ Them Hoes featuring Jim Jones
9. Street Bullies featuring Sheek Louch, Wiggs & Sungod
10. Ghetto featuring Raekwon, Cappadonna & U-God
11. Troublemakers featuring Raekwon, Method Man & Redman
12. Rockbox
13. How You Like Me Baby featuring Fabolous (iTunes Bonus)
bonus track at: http://nahright.com/news/2010/11/16/ghostface-killah-apollo-kids-cover-track-list/

Guest list looks pretty damn nice, and that bonus track isn't bad. Ghost leaving Def Jam with a bang? Trying not to get hyped but this might be good

MMaRsu

New Dre song fucking sucks. Fuck Akon, where the fuck is Nate?

Also the beat is really boring.

enzo_gt said:
A friend once told me to listen to Red Gone Wild because he though the album was pretty dope.

Needless to say I have never touched another Redman song or album ever again.

What the FUCK

Redman is one of my favorite MC's and he's pretty badass. Let me link you some fucking awesome songs. Don't hate now. Also Red has been a part of Wu for like 5 years already, just not an official member. Who cares, Redman is awesome.

Da Goodness ft Busta

Tonight's Da Night

Brick City Smashin

Soopaman Lova IV

Now those are only a few ill tracks by Redman, his albums have great material on it. I've seen him live once already, and glad for it. He's awesome live :D.

And here is a quote about new shit coming out :

“The Black Out 3 is coming, Muddy Waters Part 2 is coming and How High Part 2 is coming. But remember, Universal owns the motherfucking rights to How High. They own the names, they own the characters, they own the whole fucking shit. If Red and Meth do a movie, we might can’t call it How High. Only person that can get us out of that is Keenan Ivory Wayans.”

And yeah Redman has been a member of Wu Tang for five years according to him, just not official.

“I am a Wu-Tang member and Method Man, he been a Death Squad member way before I was a Wu member,” zegt Redman. “I was like a Wu member but I wasn’t official. But E. [Erick] Sermon made him Meth a death squad member back in the day. I became a Wu member about 5 years ago. I am the 11th member of Wu.”

He's better than some Wu members anyway.

HiResDes

hubes said:
is there a mixtape i should check out from this dude? i was impressed with his b.e.t cypher and this songs pretty good too.
I'm a bit of noob myself...This is the latest I believe:

4235667426_209946af3c.jpg

4235667434_20904c0949.jpg

LINK

...Box Chevy Pt. 2 is essential though :D

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
hubes said:
is there a mixtape i should check out from this dude? i was impressed with his b.e.t cypher and this songs pretty good too.

His album "Trunk Muzik: 0-60" also leaked if you feel like being a lawbreaking bastard!

...which is great. Nice solid southern hip hop album.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I've been listening to Fried or Fertilized at least five times a day. Kill me.

PhoenixDark said:
Ghostface-Killah-Apollo-Kids-nahright-450x450.png

1. Purified Thoughts featuring GZA & Killah Priest
2. Superstar featuring Busta Rhymes
3. Black Tequila featuring Cappadonna & Trife
4. Drama featuring Joell Ortiz & The Game
5. 2getha Baby
6. Starkology
7. In Tha Park featuring Black Thought
8. Handcuffin’ Them Hoes featuring Jim Jones
9. Street Bullies featuring Sheek Louch, Wiggs & Sungod
10. Ghetto featuring Raekwon, Cappadonna & U-God
11. Troublemakers featuring Raekwon, Method Man & Redman
12. Rockbox
13. How You Like Me Baby featuring Fabolous (iTunes Bonus)
bonus track at: http://nahright.com/news/2010/11/16/ghostface-killah-apollo-kids-cover-track-list/

Guest list looks pretty damn nice, and that bonus track isn't bad. Ghost leaving Def Jam with a bang? Trying not to get hyped but this might be good
Wow on paper that looks like a sick album. It's all coming down to beat selection, and that's where I temper my expectations.

I guarantee that iTunes bonus is garbage though.

RPS37

Natural said:
I like Mickey Factz. Haven't listened to anything of him since The Leak Volume 1: The Understanding though. Is I'm Better Than You any good?
So...did some research. Dude gets SOOOO much hate.

I think you should download the tape and check it out though. I definitely think it's listenable. And it's free.

usershare link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom