• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Knux-Future said:
So are we getting a Bad Meets Evil EP after all this goddam time?

Apparently they did do a project together but 2 songs from it have already been leaked and the kid who leaked those has the project in his hands and is going to leak all of it (don't know how many tracks) soon.

Also 2nd single (or what was supposed to be the first single before Kush was leaked) from Detox is a song called I Need A Doctor feat Eminem. All from the same source that leaked the two Royce and Eminem songs.

Echo is pretty damn good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The new Girl Talk album reminded me of a criminally overlooked track that still gets constant play from me despite being several months old

Crooked i - Everythang
Hype as fuck, beat makes me want to go punch a innocent people in the head.

336yqj3

Shit starts so hard then kinda fades a bit, rebounding a bit at times. The first track is such an amazing "talk my shit" intro with a slew of good punchlines and a classic beat. Next few tracks are good; I like People Are Running despite some ridiculous gangsta lyrics that pass the border of laughable, although I wonder if that's the point of the track.

Anyway what I really want to know: why do independent underground albums like this feature "for the ladies" tracks? Are any chicks checking for a Term and Statik album, and if they are do they want to hear shit like You Should Go Home With Me?

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
336yqj3

Shit starts so hard then kinda fades a bit, rebounding a bit at times. The first track is such an amazing "talk my shit" intro with a slew of good punchlines and a classic beat. Next few tracks are good; I like People Are Running despite some ridiculous gangsta lyrics that pass the border of laughable, although I wonder if that's the point of the track.

Anyway what I really want to know: why do independent underground albums like this feature "for the ladies" tracks? Are any chicks checking for a Term and Statik album, and if they are do they want to hear shit like You Should Go Home With Me?

Part of that "fake it 'til you make it" mentality. They're still trying to emulate what they see on the majors. Term probably still has dreams about getting a major label deal and "blowing up."

HiResDes

I need to give Shinobi big props on the Wisemen album, now in my top ten...It seems like I just come into this thread to see what you're listening to nowadays.

Salazar

ShinobiFist said:
WOW! This has to be the worst song and music video of the year.

I've seen hardly any music videos and I haven't listened to much hiphop, but I'm going to suggest that you might be right.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
As much as I don't like Drake or Wayne, I gotta say I like that first picture.

Othewise, usual Drake nuthugging :lol

I was just overwhelmed by a desire to shout

DICK SLANG! DICK SLANG! DICK SLANG! DICK SLANG!

KNOCK OOOOOOOOOUT! KNOCK OUUUUUUUUT!

did I just get possessed by the Holy BASED Ghost?

Copywrite-The Life And Times Of Peter Nelson-2010
egPfh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3WZt0sD2s

Tracklist said:
1. It (Parts 1, 2 & 3) (produced by Surock)
2.Trooper f/Sean Price (produced by !llmind)
3.Wish You Were Here (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
4.Smile (produced by Joe Benny)
5.Y.O.G.A. Stretch
6.Best In Show f/ Planet Asia & Tage Future (produced by Khrysis)
7.Mega Mega FT Camu Tao, Tage Future, RJD2 & Jakki Da Motormouth (aka MHz) (produced by Surock)
8.Forever And A Day f/ Middle Distance Runner (produced by RJD2)
9.Bored (produced by DJ Rhettmatic)
10.Seratonin (produced by Josh Gabriel)
11.Future Throwback f/ Jet Jaguar (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
12.Three Story Building f/ Dilated Peoples & MF Grimm (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
13.Rob The Club (produced by Camu Tao)
14.Confessional (produced by Rob Stern)
15.Alive f/ Motion Man (produced by Kount Fif)
16.Shotgun (produced by Dank Charnley)
17.Don’t Kill Me (produced by the Intalec)
18.Crooked Cop f/ Crooked I (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
19.Mother May I (produced by !llmind)
20.Tic Toc (produced by RJD2)

The tracks I bolded are the ones I got to listen through all the way. Production is tight, but from me skipping through some of the tracks, I'm very surprise how good some of the stuff sounds. He finally has a complete album, no rush mixing at all. Full review later on the day. Is good to hear some new Copywrite...I wish he had CAGE on the album just for old times sake....

RJT said:
Is anything as good as his first verse on RJD2's June? Dude was amazing there...

What a classic track right there..I haven't listen to the album all the way, but is really tight so far. "Forever and a day" Is very similar to June in theme, but not as lyrical, but still good. I think he will never top June. Is one those tracks that a artist make that defines them and they will never top. Similar to Wu-Tang with "C.R.E.A.M"

RJT

ShinobiFist said:
What a classic track right there..I haven't listen to the album all the way, but is really tight so far. "Forever and a day" Is very similar to June in theme, but not as lyrical, but still good. I think he will never top June. Is one those tracks that a artist make that defines them and they will never top. Similar to Wu-Tang with "C.R.E.A.M"
True...

I need to quote that now (and I got it wrong: it was the second verse I was thinking about)

RJ's beat drops to almost silence, then copywrite steps in:
I can't fully become my mother's guiding light
Till my dad returns to tell me what the other side is like

I keep the things you taught trapped in mind
I know you cared even though you weren't here half the time
But who am I to blame
I'd probably do the same in your shoes
I never held that against you
Complained or assumed
You never went through what I'm living

Hell who am I kidding?
Depression is practically
A part of family tradition
So I keep the time we shared close

It sucks to lose
It also sucks we had to share the month of june
I woulda shared eternal time before I left
Each month I celebrate my birth
I'm reminded of your death

I get goosebumps every time I hear that...

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, his screaming is getting to me. He's got a real Canibus complex going on right now - hard to make sentimental music when you're screaming into the microphone. Shit's a total discord (for me at least).

He's married to the idea that he needs to sound aggressive on tracks, but it seems like he hasn't thought that there may be myriad ways to do it without screaming (see: Qwel)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I can't take Eminem's screaming anymore. He has been doing it on every single song he's been on since Forever (the song). I want calm-voice/regular voice Mathers back, please. Anything but the pseudo-agressive shouting.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Kimosabae said:
Yeah, his screaming is getting to me. He's got a real Canibus complex going on right now - hard to make sentimental music when you're screaming into the microphone. Shit's a total discord (for me at least).

He's married to the idea that he needs to sound aggressive on tracks, but it seems like he hasn't thought that here may be myriad do it without screaming (see: Qwel)
Ya know, I decided to listen to the Slim Shady LP a couple days ago. Or listen to the Kay Slay or Westwood 'Freestyles'. He's at his sickest when he delivers the laid back flow.

I'm not sure why he has to scream everything now. The flow is so fucking terrible.

Kimosabae

Banned
K.Jack said:
Ya know, I decided to listen to the Slim Shady LP a couple days ago. Or listen to the Kay Slay or Westwood 'Freestyles'. He's at his sickest when he delivers the laid back flow.

I'm not sure why he has to scream everything now. The flow is so fucking terrible.

Yup.

It really started with 'The Way I Am' and before now, it was an interesting means to switching shit up between tracks and within his verses. He sounded plenty aggressive throughout the Eminem Show without screaming on every track.

Now? Ugh.

Moderation, man. Moderation.

HiResDes

Before he drops his A Wolf In Cheap Clothing freEP right here at the dopehouse, Johnyy teams up with Orisue for a refresher on his past catalog with this mixtape, which also features some previously unreleased songs. Tracklist and link down bottom.

johnnyfront.jpg
johnnyback.jpg

LINK

- All you Cudi fanatics should give this guy a shot

effzee

Shit Dre is going to delay Detox again I bet. Same source thats been leaking all the Eminem tracks including the Detox song is now claiming he has another Dre Eminem song from Detox.

Dre Feat EM: Hype

Sucks cause I can see Dre delaying Detox cause of this shit.

Net_Wrecker said:
Yeah the Eminem screaming, robotic flow is grating a bit now. I mean c'mon, where has the smooth delivery gone? Even when he was messing with the accents on Relapse, he was still using the smooth delivery for the majority of the album. Ever since Forever the guy's just been screaming non-stop.

Don't worry someone has obviously told him about it. On the first Royce/Em track he mentioned it...

so soon he will replace it with something else that we will get sick of.

effzee

Knux-Future said:
Don't worry someone has obviously told him about it. On the first Royce/Em track he mentioned it...

Hopefully Royce controls him and reigns him in.

Knux-Future said:

Doesn't mean he'll tone it down though. Even on the T.I. track dude was going CRAZY, and that track didn't call for that in the slightest.

T.I. was probably like "WTF is going on here?"

Culture VI just threw the Sorry I'm Late album up for stream! Early indications are this album is doing surprisingly well. Almost 1000 sold on Fat Beats and the impending Amazon (where the physical sold out and digital had an unexpected jolt up the charts) and iTunes digital sales.

John+Regan+-+Sorry+I'm+Late+COVER.jpg

Tracklist:
01. Sorry I'm Late
02. Breath Of Fresh Air
03. Yesterday (Feat. Joell Ortiz & Meylin)
04. She Loves Me Not (Feat. Drew Hudson)
05. Nobody's Somebody (Feat. Nottz)
06. All I Got To Give (Feat. Marsha Ambrosius)
07. Paint The World (Feat. PackFM)
08. She & H.E.R.
09. 9:57 Interlude
10. Suicide Edicius
11. One Day In Heaven (Feat. Skyzoo & Jaiden)
12. Stars (Feat. Nicholas Howard)
*bonus* Devil's Eye (Feat. Ill Bill & Juganot)
*bonus* There With You (Feat. Sha Stimuli & Naledge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom