• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
70nJknvz.png

Persona 2 with the prophecy
wow.png

Nibel

this Freddie Gibbs AMA got me cracking up
https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/3v1fm3/im_freddie_gibbs_ask_me_anything/

fav part so far

zappfranka 38 points 2 hours ago
What's your musical guilty pleasure?

FreddieKaneFreddie Gibbs 212 points 2 hours ago
Cassie. Me and You is one of my favorite songs of all time. i once smoked a blunt with cassie and diddy. was looking at his bitch the whole time.

His perfect sandwich

i put some soft ass bread. wheat. not the first piece of bread. this is what I do - i go get a whole smoked turkey from bludsoes, i slice that bitch up, i put some miracle on that soft ass bread, i put some dijon mustard on, tomatoes, a lil bit of lettuce but just a little bit. is this a salad or a sandwich bitch? and thats all you need. that meat gonna be fire. you don't pesto and all that bullshit.

praizewvkp4.png

overcast

Thought this was a good post

[–]boomboomnthezoomzoom
How do you feel about when your daughter gets older and she may want to start listening to rap and her father's music? By the way she's really cute and has a talented father! :)
[–]FreddieKaneFreddie Gibbs
She can listen to my music. I just got to explain to her what it is. It's like watching an action movie, just gotta explain that its entertainment.

TPAB #1 in Rolling Stone/Spin/Complex so far.

Literally the only thing right in any of their lists.

I know they're big publication sand their lists are worth less than dog shit but man I'm surprised it's so bad.then again I don't usually pay attention to them so this is probably par for course.

I mean, has Adele's album even been out for more than 2 weeks? Lmao

Currents at #13 still feels too low. God I love that album

edit: also Ross this week
at the very least production should be on point

FZZ

Banned
Summertime 06 is holding up better than TPAB for me.

Kendrick has higher highs on his record and both are masterful at telling a story and evoking mood and atmosphere, but I think Summertime 06 functions better as an album.

More specifically the second half of the record which I feel does everything perfectly.

Courage

Summertime 06 is holding up better than TPAB for me.

Kendrick has higher highs on his record and both are masterful at telling a story and evoking mood and atmosphere, but I think Summertime 06 functions better as an album.

More specifically the second half of the record which I feel does everything perfectly.
Second half is what holds it back from being great for me, so I can't really agree with this. First half seems more cohesive and it's got the more hard hitting tracks.

overcast

Ayo liquor heads, how is Four Roses Small Batch? Is it different from the single barrel (which I fux with heavy).
That's a good whisky. I'm not an expert, but I found it enjoyable which may be even more of a ringing endorsement? Favorite of those mid batches I've had. I had the small batch.

Favorite two whiskeys are the balvenie 12 and hibiki 12. Pretty sure Esch is a expert here.

Esch

Banned
Ayo liquor heads, how is Four Roses Small Batch? Is it different from the single barrel (which I fux with heavy).

single barrel: aged in one barrel, leading to an inconsistency (but also uniqueness) to each individual bottle you buy

small batch: a blended whisky made from a small variety of barrels, to a taster's specification

i like the 4R small batch, because the single has more rye in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom