• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

He's giving us something more honest to himself right now. You wouldn't ask Kendrick Lamar to give you another Section80 would you?
I wouldn't mind another s80 because it's a good album but would I ask Kendrick to make another s80? No I wouldn't, because he can make whatever he wants and I'm sure that'll it'll be more enjoyable to me than what Cudi is doing now. The reason I want another motm is because I liked both 1 and 2, and am not (personally) enjoying what Cudi is doing now but obviously he wants to make the music he wants so whatever. He's done with rapping, we'll never actually get a motm2 sequel... It's just wishful thinking.

Ninja Dom

Oh Shit!! Paging RP912, we got a brand new Master P album. Album number 14.

MASTER_P_EMPIRE_COVER1_FINAL.jpg

Actually, which hip-hop artist or group has released the most studio albums? Too Short? Scarface?

Eos

YAASSS! We end 2015 with probably one of the best albums of all time. This album truly epitomized what made No Limit such a success in the 90s. The hardest beats you could find in the deepest swamps of New Orleans and grimy rhymes that will make your mother twitch her nose in disgust. I’m talking about Master P’s “Empire: From the Hood to Hollywood”.

Each track on the album has a certain feel of gangsta rap, plus that infamous “No Limit Intro” truly sets the mood of what to expect throughout empiree. Tracks like “Freaky”, “All I Want”, “We Don't Stop”, and the superior remix to the classic “The Life I Choose” single gives the listener some bulk in their vocal cords. It gives the listener some strength in those legs and muscle on them wimpy arms. Empire is a working man’s album that doesn’t hold back punches. Also, the features from Money Mafia,the No Limit camp, and Lil Wayne adds some more seasoning to this full course meal.

Overall, it’s a must to get this album. If you appreciate gangsta rap or even hip hop in general…please check this album out and see for yourself that the tank can’t be stopped.
Overall Score: 10.0

Eos

Two confusing points for me this week.

First, is this video being racist with the "savage" calls?
http://youtu.be/gu-oxKTeGoc

Second, does Thugger engage in anal sex with his girls or not? Contradickting statements on Slime Season 2.
1. He's calling them savages cuz of the wild shit they did/like to do but he didn't specifically target one race, so no it's not racist.

2. Why are you worrying about Thugger and if he does anal
dame2.png

Pitchfork gives Jada's Top 5 Dead Or Alive a 5.5

In the most desperate recall of his glory days, Jadakiss spits, "you heard my name on the last verse of 'Ether,'" which is technically true but feels like the equivalent of a boxing judge taking credit for Ali/Frazier.

More importantly, a patron who sure sounds a lot like Busta Rhymes starts complaining about how heads don't check for "bars" anymore and now it's all about dancing and wearing blouses. You'd swear this was a diss against Young Thug, who's frankly been packing more inventive wordplay into a single verse these days than Jada does on the entirety of this "rapper's rapper" album.

lLaOBsu.gif

illadelph

I have no idea if that Jadakiss album is good, bad, or something in between, but crediting Young Thug for his "inventive wordplay" is a ridiculous thing to do.

IrishNinja

Yeah, legacy callbacks are tricky with me..like. "I did real songs with BIG/no made-up shits" was good by me (appropriate too), but a lot of other citations like that ether reference...it's just a lot cooler to me when artists leave those things unsaid

Heads already know your pedigree, they don't need to be reminded. The souljahs of the world who don't aren't likely listening, or care

kamspy

I take back anything bad I ever posted about The Game.

Documentary 2(.5) is amazingly good. So is the vast majority of his shit.

Plus, the kid's got a piece on him.

HiResDes

Man I really don't see what y'all see in Mudface it ain't terrible, but it doesn't at any moment solidify the thought that Red still got it.

IrishNinja

Man I really don't see what y'all see in Mudface it ain't terrible, but it doesn't at any moment solidify the thought that Red still got it.

Red's live show is still hype, but a big knock on his last few years/efforts was the lacking energy/bars etc. this isn't blackout! levels but you get enjoyable tracks & moments of classic reggie here...it's what heads wanted of say DMX's last album, for instance

In another chapter of Top Dawg's A Series of Unfortunate Events, it's been over a week since they released that Easy Bake Remix on youtube only. No iTunes release, no SoundCloud, nothing.

why

why why why why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom