• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omzz

I been waiting on this Jeremih album for a loooong time. def jam holdin this dude back

finally gonna give it a listen now while skipping that struggle cole verse

It's nice to be behind you guys sometimes.

dame2.png

Jay Sosa

Hello my dear friends..any good Frank Ocean/ Weeknd/Tinashe-ish stuff the last few months?

Don't care if mixtape/EP/album...

thanks in advance.

Grzi

Hello my dear friends..any good Frank Ocean/ Weeknd/Tinashe-ish stuff the last few months?

thanks in advance.

This new Jeremih album is pretty great.

Also, you might wanna check out 11 by Johnny Rain (came out early this year but I didn't see it getting mentioned), he reminds me of Frank Ocean at times, obviously not as good but still pretty dope.
Some tracks:
Harveston Lake
A World of 100
Animosity/Dear Xodi feat. James Blake (not on the album)

Ty Dolla $ign dropped an album and although it's not really great (still decent) you should definitely check out Horses In The Stable.

If you haven't listened to The Internet album you should definitely check it out.

Nao dropped a great EP this year, it's called February 15, you should definitely listen to it. Here's my favorite track off it, Apple Cherry.
Also, her new single Bad Blood is great.

Other than that you might wanna check out stuff by Sevdaliza (That Other Girl, Backseat Love) and even the new Erykah Badu mixtape.
People are also going crazy over the Bryson Tiller album but I really wasn't feeling it, only listened to it once though.
Hopefully at least some of this is new to you.

thanks in advance.

Hey man, check out Bryson Tiller's debut, T R A P S O U L.
He may even be doing a song with The Weeknd soon.
Also check out PartyAt8 by PND and TM88

If you're looking for a new spin on some old stuff, Illangelo was on OVO Sound Radio and did a pretty good mix with some older Weeknd stuff
Episode 8 was the one

Eos

Speedin Bullet To Heaven is the worst album I've ever listened to in my entire life. There is nothing good, NOTHING, about this shitty ass album. Fuck you Cudi.

thabiz

This new Jeremih album is pretty great.

Also, you might wanna check out 11 by Johnny Rain (came out early this year but I didn't see it getting mentioned), he reminds me of Frank Ocean at times, obviously not as good but still pretty dope.
Some tracks:
Harveston Lake
A World of 100
Animosity/Dear Xodi feat. James Blake (not on the album)

Ty Dolla $ign dropped an album and although it's not really great (still decent) you should definitely check out Horses In The Stable.

If you haven't listened to The Internet album you should definitely check it out.

Nao dropped a great EP this year, it's called February 15, you should definitely listen to it. Here's my favorite track off it, Apple Cherry.
Also, her new single Bad Blood is great.

Other than that you might wanna check out stuff by Sevdaliza (That Other Girl, Backseat Love) and even the new Erykah Badu mixtape.
People are also going crazy over the Bryson Tiller album but I really wasn't feeling it, only listened to it once though.
Hopefully at least some of this is new to you.

Thanks for letting us know what's popping at the local high school.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Market was an inoffensive, fairly enjoyable listen-through but nothing is sticking for me, really. Free Enterprise is by faaaaaar the highlight, which is kind of crummy when it's the first song and nothing else really reaches that high again.

Bangers/anthems aren't good enough, the majority of the songs are slower and that has always been a hit/miss area for Ross. Not bad, but doesn't pull me enough in any direction for it to give me a reason to keep it in rotation.

Thanks for letting us know what's popping at the local high school.
savage

The Ross album was alright on first listen. Not really enough to entice me for a second listen. Especially since there have been some really good albums coming out.

Giving Curren$y's work a listen now. Loving it, but that was expected.

Cudi fans need to stop dumping on their man and admit his music was always trash. Cleanse yourselves fully, I will not give you dap for hating on this album.

Can we talk about Kanye's talent for surrounding himself with the wackest dudes imaginable? For all the hate Memphis Bleek, Ab Soul, and Lil Cease received at least they had some flashes.

but Kid Cudi?
Yk67QFU.png

Travis Scott?
WZXfAM2.png

Mr Hudson?
TBQ3Tii.png

Really Doe?
z1VSr8w.png

Pusha T?
HAHHYgx.png

What a talent. This nicca put together the Washington Generals of rap music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really Doe, Consequence, Rhymefest and GLC are mostly garbage, the rest of the folk listed above are talented in their own respects, be it hooks or production or whatever they do best. GOOD Music really not the establishment to be going at if we're talking crews/labels full of dead weight.

Ye got one of the best track records in terms of giving platforms for new talent and them eating more than well.

Really Doe, Consequence, Rhymefest and GLC are mostly garbage, the rest of the folk listed above are talented in their own respects, be it hooks or production or whatever they do best. GOOD Music really not the establishment to be going at if we're talking crews/labels full of dead weight.

Ye got one of the best track records in terms of giving platforms for new talent and them eating more than well.

Yeah I agree I fuck with a lot of the artists in GOOD TBH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH Even though I absolutely despise Cons as an artist, the work he's put in writing-wise with Kanye, ATCQ and presumably many more is undeniable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom