• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

It's crazy what the human mind can achieve, connecting such few frames into a coherent sequence.

comeon.png

Detox

Nobody from Chicago seems to be fucking with it. I think originally Ye and common were supposed to start in it but they dropped out. From the trailers it's like they turned the city's problems into a theme park.

overcast

The movie seems to be a bit light hearted and zany in tone based off the trailer. Obviously while handling critical subject matter. Still I can't help but think Spike has his reasons. Although making it trivialized might not be the best way to address issues.

Syntsui

After a few listens, Black Market is not better than Mastermind. Too many songs that get annoying the more you listen to them, but it does have some of the best songs ever from Rozay. Free Enterprise and Crocodile Phyton are phenomenal.

Ninja Dom

I never heard of G-Eazy before either. I saw his album up on Apple Music last week and didn't know what it was.

Anyway, I just read you all talking about him on the last page, looked him up on Wikipedia, and listened to 3 tracks of the album.

It sounded okay. Not too bad at all. Good enough to give the album a listen. I'm surprised he looks like he's opening with more sales than Rick Ross.

HiResDes

The movie seems to be a bit light hearted and zany in tone based off the trailer. Obviously while handling critical subject matter. Still I can't help but think Spike has his reasons. Although making it trivialized might not be the best way to address issues.

Well it is a reimagining of a Greek comedy after all, I think it's actually pretty damn creative.

Nibel

Alright is not the track if I would have picked from Butterfly, but sure. I'll take it.

It's the biggest song b; they are chanting it during #BLM protests etc., and I can't remember the last rap song that was used in a similar way.

Syntsui

Remember Kendrick could walk empty handed and still have more Grammy Awards than Drake/NAS/Tupac/BiggieSnoop/DMX/Rakim/Ice Cube.

I use my gf Spotify and was instantly greeted with Nick Jonas.
But my top 5 listened albums on Spotify were
1 TPAB
2 No Now- Clarence Clarity
3 DS2
4 Summertime 06
5 If You're Reading This

Wale in many ways is the personification of the modern e-black person. Way too concerned about and obsessed with white validation, demanding apologies, being too sensitive, etc. Handle your business and let the chips fall where they may. If you're gonna die on the hill for something make it important.

Fjordson

Nobody from Chicago seems to be fucking with it. I think originally Ye and common were supposed to start in it but they dropped out. From the trailers it's like they turned the city's problems into a theme park.
I don't know much about it, but I saw Chance tweet that part of the plot where all the women in Chicago decide they aren't going to have sex until the men stop murdering people? Apparently it's a satire or whatever, but I dunno. Seems weird.

Either way, I ain't seeing it any time soon. Spike Lee has always been a boring ass director imo (except for Hoop Dreams and Do the Right Thing of course).

7a7kF7O.png

Back To Back nominated for a Grammy
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Take that L Meek
That's amazing. Drake stays winning.

Spotify top 5 played albums according to that site for this year..

1. BUSH - Snoop
2. Barter 6 - Thugger
3. Clivia Demo - Isaiah Rashad
4. Sremmlife - Rae Sremmurd
5. LP1. FKA Twigs.

Why Bush you ask?

relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom