• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Damn

I'll take this Lolita lol

fixed

MuXtic3.png

Ninja Dom

Black Market is pretty decent. Ross's rhymes have got a lot tighter. Still not sure if it's better than the Black Dollar mixtape.

I gave Kid Cudi a chance. I chose 3 tracks at random. Crap. Out of tune nonsense. I know he's trying to be all pragmatic on Twitter but do you really think the criticisms are gonna make him stop what he's doing?

Koozek

Black Market is pretty decent. Ross's rhymes have got a lot tighter. Still not sure if it's better than the Black Dollar mixtape.

I gave Kid Cudi a chance. I chose 3 tracks at random. Crap. Out of tune nonsense. I know he's trying to be all pragmatic on Twitter but do you really think the criticisms are gonna make him stop what he's doing?

Lol, I just came in wanting to post the exact same thing. Black Dollar is really dope.

Black Market's about 5 tracks too long, but there's some good stuff on here. Free Enterprise, Silk Road, Black Opium, Can't Say No (that 90s Mariah hook lawd), and Foreclosures are my standouts. Don't think it'll have much replay value for me, but I've never been a big Ross fan anyway so :shrug: At least it feels like he stepped up his verses a notch. Nothing levels up the pen game like some house arrest.

In other news, Canal Street Confidential is definitely > Pilot Talk 3

Jay Sosa

This new Jeremih album is pretty great.

Also, you might wanna check out 11 by Johnny Rain (came out early this year but I didn't see it getting mentioned), he reminds me of Frank Ocean at times, obviously not as good but still pretty dope.
Some tracks:
Harveston Lake
A World of 100
Animosity/Dear Xodi feat. James Blake (not on the album)

Ty Dolla $ign dropped an album and although it's not really great (still decent) you should definitely check out Horses In The Stable.

If you haven't listened to The Internet album you should definitely check it out.

Nao dropped a great EP this year, it's called February 15, you should definitely listen to it. Here's my favorite track off it, Apple Cherry.
Also, her new single Bad Blood is great.

Other than that you might wanna check out stuff by Sevdaliza (That Other Girl, Backseat Love) and even the new Erykah Badu mixtape.
People are also going crazy over the Bryson Tiller album but I really wasn't feeling it, only listened to it once though.
Hopefully at least some of this is new to you.
Hey man, check out Bryson Tiller's debut, T R A P S O U L.
He may even be doing a song with The Weeknd soon.
Also check out PartyAt8 by PND and TM88

If you're looking for a new spin on some old stuff, Illangelo was on OVO Sound Radio and did a pretty good mix with some older Weeknd stuff
Episode 8 was the one

Thanks guys!

This Erykah Badu is on Spotify. Any thoughts?
Get inspired by Hotline Bling brehs.
First couple of tracks are really simple but I like her Hotline Bling remix.

I only heard the Andre 3000 song which is amazing.

Yes. Yes it is.

Also surprised at those Ross numbers. Especially in comparison to G-Eazy. I've only heard a song or two from him (I Mean It, You Got Me) and they were good but I don't know how an entire album would sound.

Black Market on the other hand is pretty good so far. Production on point as usual.

ARK322

Neo Member
Any impressions of the new Starlito? I want to stop listening to Rozay and NxWorries (Anderson Paak & Knxwledge) but I can't.

The tape is simple but enjoyable. It sounds like something that was slapped together hastily, but it remains lighthearted. This is pretty much a Hotline Bling album with some Drake and 3k verses to boot.

Yeah she made with her producer in about 12 days I felt they did a good job making it flow well.

Oh and the Knxwledge X Paak EP is sweet and short. I really like that last track some serious Zapp and Rogers vibes from that one.

DominoKid

Yes. Yes it is.

Also surprised at those Ross numbers. Especially in comparison to G-Eazy. I've only heard a song or two from him (I Mean It, You Got Me) and they were good but I don't know how an entire album would sound.

Black Market on the other hand is pretty good so far. Production on point as usual.

GEazy not for us. He out there hustling though.

Ross commercial wave is over so them numbees arent surprising.

That CSC middle section full of expensive features kinda flat out blows, whereas I only feel that way about maybe one song on PT3. I like the beats/style though.

The only track I could do without is Bottom of The Bottle. Superstar's almost there as well, but that beat is too majestic. Speed and What's Up are like Cigarette Boats sequel tracks, Cruzin is too dope, Winning is chill rap prime, Drive By has amazing production, and I like how the last 4 tracks wrap it up in a drum heavy high energy way. Still really enjoy PT3, but CSC's edges it out. More tracks I want to play in sequence.

injurai

Banned
XIV is also a hack of an mmo. Although it's probably one of the better non-Wow mmos in a while.

Last FF I cared about was 12, and fucking versus 13 still isn't out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom