• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nardwuar vs. Travi$ Scott. Pretty good.

Post Malone ft. French Montana & Rae Sremmurd - White Iverson (Remix). Completely ruins the song.

araabMUZIK just dropped 2 new EPs and you can stream them here:
King EP
Goon Loops EP

J. Cole & associated weedcarriers will be dropping Revenge of the Dreamers II. Also he has an HBO special coming out soon that documents the Fayetteville concert he held recently (I think the one where Jay showed up).

NR's 2 cents on the Grammy nods:
In addition to his nods in the two major categores mentioned above, K.Dot is also sharing a couple of noms with Taylor Swfit of all people for their collaboration on “Bad Blood.” He also grabbed one in the Dance Recording category for his work on “Never Catch Me” from Flying Lotus.

Drake’s Meek Mill diss “Back To Back,” was nominated for Best Rap Performance. This was hardly the best Drake song released this year and it’s probably only being nominated because it charted so quickly upon its release. We now live in an era when social media mentions and streams are taken into account by Billboard so I think it’s safe to say a diss track released via Soundcloud would never have been acknowledged in previous years. Maybe Meek’s take will get nominated next year.

Because of the collaborative nature of Kanye West’s creative process, a bunch of people are now Grammy nominated songwriters due to the extensive credit list on “All Day.” Vic Mensa, Kendrick Lamar and Mike Dean are among the contributors who stumbled into noms because of Ye’s insistence on giving credit where its due.

Common got a couple of nods for “Glory,” which is almost certainly due to its connection to the film Selma, but which is pretty cool regardless.

A$AP Rocky got a nod in the music video category for “L$D,” which was a great video, but that award should go to Kendrick Lamar, Colin Tilley and the Little Homies for the “Alright” video, which was also nominated in the same category. The work K.Dot and his crew have done on all of the TPAB visuals released this year has been absolutely outstanding.

Future, who dropped a couple of game changing mixtapes and an album this year, received exactly 0 nominations.

lmao who the fuck is dancing to Never Catch Me

Syntsui

200w.gif

Also, wtf at billboard asking for subscription to check the hot 100, unfuckingbelievable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick is gonna win a Grammy and stans are gonna waste no time jumping on the Grammy's dick and flaunting it.

Nardwuar vs. Travi$ Scott. Pretty good.

Post Malone ft. French Montana & Rae Sremmurd - White Iverson (Remix). Completely ruins the song.

araabMUZIK just dropped 2 new EPs and you can stream them here:
King EP
Goon Loops EP

J. Cole & associated weedcarriers will be dropping Revenge of the Dreamers II. Also he has an HBO special coming out soon that documents the Fayetteville concert he held recently (I think the one where Jay showed up).

NR's 2 cents on the Grammy nods:

It's for the dancing performed in the video. Kids danced their asses off.

IrishNinja

What a talent. This nicca put together the Washington Generals of rap music.

TBH Even though I absolutely despise Cons as an artist, the work he's put in writing-wise with Kanye, ATCQ and presumably many more is undeniable.

goddamn
i give cons some cred for his ATCQ work, but yeah, tip/mos/etc don't do much that sees the light of day, so

Why is this a issue this thread does this like once every 3 pages. Shit fucking tired.

why what's your list like bruh

Just read islah was delayed to January. Was looking forward to it. Gates going to kill it.

shame, but something to look forward to during what's usually a slow season

Back To Back nominated for a Grammy
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Take that L Meek

goddamn,a diss track as a club hit and grammy nominated...that's one for the books

Real sega fanboys lose everyday, but we don't ride for FF like that

wait, you part of this team des? got that streets of rage & shenoo vinly on order fam

Remember Kendrick could walk empty handed and still have more Grammy Awards than Drake/NAS/Tupac/BiggieSnoop/DMX/Rakim/Ice Cube.

which is why grammys aint never been shit to hip hop, this is known

why are the c-listers fighting

DominoKid

Nobody from Chicago seems to be fucking with it. I think originally Ye and common were supposed to start in it but they dropped out. From the trailers it's like they turned the city's problems into a theme park.

im not surprised. it's based off of some stupid ass Greek play where the women deny sex from the men so they stop wilding out. how Spike thought that was a good idea will forever be beyond me.

Either way, I ain't seeing it any time soon. Spike Lee has always been a boring ass director imo (except for Hoop Dreams and Do the Right Thing of course).

you must mean He Got Game right? anyway idfw Spike that hard (too preachy) but up until Inside Man his resume is solid. after that it falls apart.

damn Wale try so damn hard to be the sensitive artist stereotypes smh.

vulgar

Bacon

Somehow Billy Wood's "Today I wrote Nothing" ended up as my fifth most played album this year on Spotify. And I disliked most aspects of that album at the time. I must have really given it a lot of shots so maybe there is something there for me. Gonna give it another go.

Edit: Also thanks to this thread's recommendations to me Madvillain and MF Doom were also in my top 5. I probably listened to his shit for 3 months straight this summer.

Eos

From what I've listened to:
DS2 > Monster > 56 Nights > Beast Mode
Haven't listened to a complete project of his before beast mode, except for maybe a couple of hit singles

Somehow Billy Wood's "Today I wrote Nothing" ended up as my fifth most played album this year on Spotify. And I disliked most aspects of that album at the time. I must have really given it a lot of shots so maybe there is something there for me. Gonna give it another go.

Edit: Also thanks to this thread's recommendations to me Madvillain and MF Doom were also in my top 5. I probably listened to his shit for 3 months straight this summer.
Better late than never I guess.

What were people's opinions on Logic? I've never heard of him, but a friend was telling me about him this week.

Second album overall is more consistent than his first, but that just means consistently average. The first album had higher highs and lower lows, and he's not good enough for me to want to listen to him regularly. I understand his appeal though.

From his last album I'd check out Soul Food, Gang Related, Bounce, and basically the whole latter half of the album. From the new one I'd listen to Young Jesus and...uh...I don't know
Not familiar with his older stuff though

As I click his first album in iTunes I realize the album before it is Lloyd Banks' Hunger For More 2 and I'm immediately drawn to listen to Start it Up or Where I'm At instead of anything on Logic's album, so take that however you'd like
probably that I'm not too hot on Logic lol

Dereck

Chance the Rapper is a dumbass sometimes. He has no idea what he mad about when it comes to Chiraq the movie. Aint even seen the shit and he flipping out on twitter pretending to be offended. FOH fucking loser.
Why won't he release another solo album?

Nibel

Futures best album?

Getting on these. Thanks man

DS2

and his recent mixtape spree, Monster, Beast Mode, 56 Nights.

And yeah, Travi$ Scott has a pretty unique sound, so it's kinda hard to find music that sounds like this. But DBR is a must-listen, some people put that on the same level or even above Rodeo

Koozek

DS2

and his recent mixtape spree, Monster, Beast Mode, 56 Nights.

And yeah, Travi$ Scott has a pretty unique sound, so it's kinda hard to find music that sounds like this. But DBR is a must-listen, some people put that on the same level or even above Rodeo

DBR is his best.

T Dollarz

Peeped 56 Nights for the first time this morning after coming late to the Future party, I jumped in when DS2 released.

But man, this 56 Nights is great too... Future da gawd

Ohnonono

My 3rd most listened to after Gibbs and Future for the last few months has been the Sauce Twinz. Learned something today. Not sure if it is good or bad. OHWHEEE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom