• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

At the end of the year I like to sift through lists and re-listen to older projects to see if I missed anything, and though I felt like I heard most of the stuff I definitely slept on this:

On that midtempo Saba/Isaiah Rashad/Tut tip

Dereck

Vibin to this Doppelgaganz from last year, this shit slaps

wYSgYJG.gif

EDIT: ^^Word

Eminem in 2015 is still a technically proficient rapper. He can rap words and make them work that others don't think of he.

Eminem in 2015 writes lyrics like "I guess that's why they call it window pane." He is not lyrical. When I think of lyric now, I think of Lupe on Prisoner 1&2, where he tells a complete story without falling off into preaching, or Kendrick's Sing About Me, where he's telling a story using the power of music. K.Dot isn't rapping on some lyrical miracle empircal evidence stuff, he's using conversational lyricism to tell a story that people from all walks of life can relate to.

Em has duds but he still has the story telling touch
Window Pane is definitely one of his all time lows though lol fuck that's a bad line

At the end of the year I like to sift through lists and re-listen to older projects to see if I missed anything, and though I felt like I heard most of the stuff I definitely slept on this:

On that midtempo Saba/Isaiah Rashad/Tut tip

dope ill check it out

IrishNinja

I look back on Channel Orange more fondly after the fact. I look at Weeknd the opposite. Whelp.

same, i barely look at week at all

Eh, let's give Weeknd his credit: he did drop a fantastic R'n'B mixtape trilogy (one of which is groundbreaking)

which one was that again?

the single most exciting thing to come of this mess - rich kid seems really sad, getting bumrushed by the coffee & cigarettes crowd would easily be a highlight for him

Spike ethered Chance? whewwww

yeah, not sitting through all that but did catch that bit - wait, since when do people care what chance says?

Young thug is lyrically amazing.

Technically great.

Lyrically and musically cringeworthy.

this

Syntsui

Pusha T is a good rapper, people get excited for good rapper's albums. It's as simple as that.

Some of you hate ass just hate for the sake of hating like that shit make you look cool. He is not the best to ever do it, but even the people that don't like him that much still appreciate a few songs of his albums.

He won't change anybody's opinion on him, but he will most surely drop an enjoyable album.

Cheddahz

Banned
Pusha T is a good rapper, people get excited for good rapper's albums. It's as simple as that.

Some of you hate ass just hate for the sake of hating like that shit make you look cool. He is not the best to ever do it, but even the people that don't like him that much still appreciate a few songs of his albums.

He won't change anybody's opinion on him, but he will most surely drop an enjoyable album.
Go back to chemistry class

codhand

laughing-gif3.gif

Eos

Hope that rumour of him getting God level from kanye is true
He'd probably kill that shit tbh
Edit:
the tracklist is out. so unless they changed the name, I guess the rumour was wrong
1. "Intro”
2. “Untouchable”
3. “M.F.T.R.” (Feat. The-Dream)
4. “Crutches, Crosses, Caskets” (prod. by Diddy)
5. “M.P.A.” (Feat. Kanye West, A$AP Rocky & The-Dream) (prod. by J. Cole)
6. “Got Em Covered” (Feat. Ab-Liva)
7. “Keep Dealing” (Feat. Beanie Sigel)
8. “Retribution” (Feat. Kehlani)
9. “F.I.F.A.”
10. “Sunshine” (Feat. Jill Scott)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not hard to understand the hate Pusha gets here. People have a half unwarranted hard on for Gibbs here and Pusha is the successful outcome from being in that lane. The bitterness is to be expected.

Maybe one decade Gibbs will step his writing and songwriting up and it won't be so bad out here.

Gibbs has way better hooks and flows than Pusha T stop it bruh.

Pusha T's a one note rapper who's only as good as his production. Never adds anything to a track, never blows you away. He coasts along with tired coke raps and bravado, and has only gotten worse since losing the alternate point of view that Malice brought to their music. The best parts of his last album were Kendrick's verse and his Mase impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom