• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Meek had a decent album this year that sold well, and more importantly he's fucking Nicki Minaj. Whereas Tyga took multiple Ls without any balancing Ws, unless of course you count fucking a teen as a W.
s6s78Ke.png

Matter fact, don't answer that question Euro GAF-Hoppers.

Oh my goodness. Yeah meek got immensely embarrassed in that beef and went in hiding after more or less but when measuring it against the shit tyga has done, nobody is as rock bottom as that dude

This website has been blocked by the Firm’s security system. Pursuant to Firm policy, access to personal email, instant messaging or social media websites is prohibited. As a result, access to the following website has been blocked:

Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Sex.

What the hell is behind this link?

long dicks

overcast

ASAP Ferg and Future should be interesting to hear. Can't really see them making a great track together tbh. Would be great to see though.

HiResDes

Villain Park and the Azizi Gibson EPs slept on. Oh and the Streaming Dreams Prelude EP too. Open Mic Eagle A Special Episode of is an EP that's rad I didn't see mentioned.

CoolOff

There is hardly anything on the song for Taylor Swift to lip sync in her car unless she was going to deal with psychic turmoil of mouthing "My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide/ You hate me don't you?/ You hate my people—your plan is to terminate my culture/ You're fuckin' evil, I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey."

Now I want to see this

overcast

Man...I get that Kendrick has a devoted fan base, but it's really a bit much sometimes.
I mean, that's how shit goes. Drake fans, Kendrick fans, Wu fans, etc. for years and years. This shit just goes over the top. It just so happens P4K can write a cringe piece with the best of them (haven't read it). The album got their album of the year which means they gotta throw a real heavy one at it obviously.

It's the internet.

White people need to grow some balls. You don't need to sit down and shut up and listen to anyone. Express your culture. Be loud and ignore people, as your heritage dictates. Don't tell me about blackness. Tell me about whiteness. Don't waste the heroin epidemic, use it to create some dope music like you did in the 70s. Write white think pieces that dismiss black think pieces. Be ignorant. Have fun. Make America great again.

Fjordson

I mean, that's how shit goes. Drake fans, Kendrick fans, Wu fans, etc. for years and years. This shit just goes over the top. It just so happens P4K can write a cringe piece with the best of them (haven't read it). The album got their album of the year which means they gotta throw a real heavy one at it obviously.

It's the internet.
That's true, I guess since Kendrick's album is somewhat recent I'm seeing it more. But stuff like this just gets old
Honestly, anyone who doesn't have this album on their list is either biased against hip-hop or is just being a try hard. To Pimp A Butterfly really is that fantastic; it is the album of the year, definitively, and quite possibly the album of the decade.

With the Pitchfork blurb, I mainly just disagree with the idea that Kanye (and Drake according to the P4K dude) held off on releasing a proper studio album simply because TPAB came out. Feels like a big reach.

overcast

White people need to grow some balls. You don't need to sit down and shut up and listen to anyone. Express your culture. Be loud and ignore people, as your heritage dictates. Don't tell me about blackness. Tell me about whiteness. Don't waste the heroin epidemic, use it to create some dope music like you did in the 70s. Write white think pieces that dismiss black think pieces. Be ignorant. Have fun. Make America great again.
H
m
m
m

Tokubetsu

VKxAgKe.gif

That's true, I guess since Kendrick's album is somewhat recent I'm seeing it more. But stuff like this just gets old

With the Pitchfork blurb, I mainly just disagree with the idea that Kanye (and Drake according to the P4K dude) held off on releasing a proper studio album simply because TPAB came out. Feels like a big reach.

would you be saying the same thing if it was about VFT6 tho?
gKrrsPD.png

I think Kanye (like Hov) is very good at recognizing history as it is being made. He realizes when a moment arrives and is good at reacting - whether that means riding it or falling back. Kanye knew 2015 was Kendrick's moment. If anything Kanye's career and musical sensibilities suggest he probably really likes TPAB. If anyone knew what the Grammy noms would look like it's him. Do I believe he fell back solely because of Kendrick? Hell no. But I definitely think Kanye recognized whatever trap shit the kids made for him this time was not going to be the critical darling of the year, and thus he was free to focus on other things.

In terms of Drake I take the opposite view. I think Drake knows this era is his commercially, and everything he touches turns to gold. And I think Drake is fine with being that guy who dominates the charts but doesn't get the critical respect he wants from hip hop heads or other critics. Drake probably is far less impressed by TPAB than Kanye, and I'd imagine he knew most people would prefer whatever he has with Views. If Views had come out there would be fewer mainstream rap critics giving Kendrick the crown. There would be far more "Kendrick made an important album but Drake made the best album" arguments IMO.

And if Drake was worried about anyone having a moment it was Future. The people Drake cares about didn't give a fuck about TPAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom