• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
See how motivated you are to work when you're married to the 1 percent of the 1 percent. I wouldn't do shit either. I respect Jay Elect more than anybody else in the rap game.

Koozek

Can somebody explain to me what the big deal is about Jay Elec? One of the first videos of him I saw was the one with him travelling through Tibet in '09 or so and he seemed interesting then, but musically there wasn't really anything that crazy coming from him ever since that would warrant such a "hype". I think if he just released his album years ago already you wouldn't even be talking about him much anymore.

What are his best tracks? And did the album really drop or was it fake? If so, any link? Thanks, brehs.

EDIT: Yooo, what. I didn't know anything about his high-society/Rothschild story, lol.

The dope smoking rapper and the Rothschild heiress who could make him husband No 2

Man, Gibbs needs an exec producer. I'm doing my research for my list, obviously Gibbs will be on it but there are multiple tracks where he doesn't enunciate his words well and thus the verse sounds almost like gibberish. I know what he's saying but it would just sound so much doper if he was sharper.

Koozek

Man, Gibbs needs an exec producer. I'm doing my research for my list, obviously Gibbs will be on it but there are multiple tracks where he doesn't enunciate his words well and thus the verse sounds almost like gibberish. I know what he's saying but it would just sound so much doper if he was sharper.

This is exactly what I like about some of the tracks, hah. I thought he was saying "carrera, carrera" on Careless and on "Packages" I made it some kind of running gag for myself when I'm rapping along to make up some gibberish words for "wrap it and package it up" like "wraggle dee beggle dee up, meggle dee peggle dee bop" or something like that, lol.

EDIT: To be fair, I bump Thugga a lot, so I obviously don't care about unclear enunciation that much. I'm not a native speaker which might make it easier for me to "zone out" and not focus on what is said, but how it sounds solely. It's getting harder for me, though, as English is becoming more and more natural to me. I watch all my movies/series in English, music, podcasts, basically everything media-wise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Mike_tysons_laughing-12385.gif

we have to go back PD

tumblr_npn6i33f4y1qzzta5o1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Wow just looking at his wiki real quick, has he really not put out anything since 2011? No wonder he robbin'

sigh...

That was one of those aughts albums that has aged well, which can't be said of a lot of the shit I liked back in 2005-2008. Shout outs to Black Milk for lacing that album with dope shit.

I'll never understand how an artist sits down in this era and says "you know, I'm not gonna release music. No freestyles, no mixtapes, no albums, nothing."

Nabs

Yikes, The SV album is 10 years old and Elmatic is 5 years old. I really hope everything is okay outside of music. I wouldn't expect someone so good to just not rap. Especially when he has working relationships with guys like Black Milk and Jake One.

Never getting any actual Madlib/Elzhi

Sorry fellas, Dilla had some great beats but them dudes were ass on the mic. Dilla too whenever he decided to spit. Elzhi was just a bandaid on an infected gash.

HiResDes

Went back to Warm Brew, so many feel good cuts on here, love this time where I can spend weeks reflecting on the great shit from the past year in order to contribute a list.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't even use it anymore but spent the last couple hours compiling a best of hip-hop spotify pl for all the normals I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom