• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at a Jay Electronica album dropping out of nowhere
It happens to everybody. All the people we mock once ruled rap. Rap stardom has a shelf life. Nobody makes hot records forever.
Ghostface-Killah-.jpg

THE_ROOTS4f6e49f58f7a4.jpg

Tokubetsu

lmao this jay electronica album sounds like some 97 wu-tang affilliate shit. Like a solo release from a killarmy member. Somebody had to dust off a 8+ year old mechanical drive for this shit.

Ye using a track to rap about his shoes and dissing Nike is so weird lol. I still don't get the whole fashion thing with him (and his shoes are ugly af). Like the beat though.

seriously. those yeezy boosts look like garbage ass winter boots that elementary school kids wear around here.

i've liked all of his albums (except for graduation) but it's pretty clear he's gone full wasteman status by now. laughing stock of the rap game.

oh my goodness, new jay electronica music. what a strange year already.

Fjordson

seriously. those yeezy boosts look like garbage ass winter boots that elementary school kids wear around here.

i've liked all of his albums (except for graduation) but it's pretty clear he's gone full wasteman status by now. laughing stock of the rap game.

oh my goodness, new jay electronica music. what a strange year already.
Seriously, the boosts are awful imo. I mean they sell like mad so maybe I'm crazy, but they look terrible.

Exodust

Banned
Care about Kanye in 2016, brehs

Seriously though, the only rappers I can think of who were consistent for a long time were Ghostface and Ice Cube, maybe LL Cool J. And all three fell off eventually.

It's not just rap, pick any genre of music and you'll find this to be true. Very few have had years of good shit, even fewer can say they had decades. None can say they didn't release trash once in a while either. All you can hope for from so called legacy artists is decent work at best. Just keep moving on to good shit as it comes, otherwise you end up as a stanpologist or delusional dust head.

Reckoner

I dig the 350s Boost. Have some Nike Roshe One for my self. Pretty cool tbh. 750 are ugly for sure, though.

But yeah, let's not be so dramatic. Ye probably has not much time for music these days, even though I wouldn't expect him to release something so half-assed. I still hold high hopes for whatever Swish turns out to be.

Btw, been posting here more lately and forgot to present my self

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - I'll go with West Coast
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Alternative
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kanye West, Run The Jewels, Earl Sweatshirt, Vince Staples, Outkast
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - David Bowie, Lykke Li, My Bloody Valentine, Beyoncé, Phoenix
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? RTJ2, Summertime '06
6. What are you listening to right now? - Vince Staples - Might Be Wrong
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? I don't really feel guilty about anything lmao. But whatever, I'll go with Kid Cudi. Used to love the dude.
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) College Dropout > 808s and Heartbreaks > Late Registration > MBDTF > Yeezus > Graduation

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? Too much trap this year lmao. I enjoy it, but can't take Future serious.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? RZA
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas. Pac. Young Thug. (ikr)
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Swish
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? El-P. Drake.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? lmao
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Neither
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? Not really. Haven't listened to him ever since I was a kid.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? Lykke Li
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... Had Christmas dinner with the fam.

The last few Ghostface releases have been very low-effort on his end and seriously boring, to be fair

Yeah, they're not as good but they're still not bad. His catalogue is still better than most other rappers. He doesn't have a bad album, just classics/good albums/okay albums.

Koozek

Sheesh, I really feel he's past his musical prime for good now. If SWISH sounds like this, I really don't need it anymore. He can't compete with random young Soundcloud cats on this type of beats. Sounds so basic and lame compared to Thugga f.e., who would have killed this joint.

This beat does not suit Yeezy at all, Jesus.

TPAB got him so shook he's jumping on the 'safe' latest wave? Yeezy pls

Edit: Sounds like
ee7bae4fbce592ce47c037960c3a8c62.jpg

Exactly.
---

Lol, Elec really dropped? Were people actually excited about it, though, or was it just some kind of running gag?

Nabs

wtf is this jay electronica shit? someone clearly hates toku.

This is like every bad thing that came from 1998 combined into one.

IrishNinja

where is jay electronica

in our hearts, fam

lmao this jay electronica album sounds like some 97 wu-tang affilliate shit. Like a solo release from a killarmy member. Somebody had to dust off a 8+ year old mechanical drive for this shit.

wait no this isn't what i wanted to hear

The last few Ghostface releases have been very low-effort on his end and seriously boring, to be fair

i wouldn't go with "seriously boring", they've been enjoyable efforts for me but yeah, hoping for a return on SC2

FZZ

Banned
Maco tape isn't half bad so far

Edit: I'll be damned if this production wasn't wasted on him though, especially towards the latter half.

where is jay electronica

Exhibit C came out six years ago. I'm pretty sure he has released less than five official songs since then. There was the Christopher Wallace song, Call of Duty, the Guru tribute, and Better In Tune With The Infinite. Pretty sue that's it.

Drugs, depression, anxiety, and white women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom