• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

true, but supershows like rock the bells brought a lotta that back, wish we'd get that out here agian
old school tickets especially - ive missed a bunch of slick/doug/biz/kane/etc collabo shows in the last so many years
man Rock the Bells was great. I went in 2010 and it was a dope show. Tribe Called Quest doing Midnight Marauders, Wu doing 36 Chambers, Slick Rick doing The Great Adventures Of, etc.

effzee

T&Y is a really good album but as always on gaf hop once you fall out of favor it's over.

Of course the scale for judging is also recycle bin status or GOAT AOTY. Lupe never stood a chance.

IrishNinja

T&Y is a really good album but as always on gaf hop once you fall out of favor it's over.

Of course the scale for judging is also recycle bin status or GOAT AOTY. Lupe never stood a chance.

there's a lotta jay-z ehhhhh gifs too, OT is way worse about this kinda thing than gafhop, especially post hype cycle

a lotta people here actually said the album grew on them, rather than the initial "hey this isnt as shit as the others", its just that 2015 fortunately had far better gifts to bare

Fjordson

T&Y was just really boring to me. Not trash, but eh.

there's a lotta jay-z ehhhhh gifs too, OT is way worse about this kinda thing than gafhop, especially post hype cycle

a lotta people here actually said the album grew on them, rather than the initial "hey this isnt as shit as the others", its just that 2015 fortunately had far better gifts to bare
True. And some other places online are way worse about that than GAF-Hop. Like KTT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I wouldn't say really good, but it's decent or better. It's pretty much alternate universe TPAB by the wrong guy.

Nibel

I think a lot of GAF-Hoppaz thought that Tetsuo was alright but nothing groundbreaking. See, Lupe has created way better albums in the past which is why he gets treated harsher than someone without the same output.

The emoji-flames/garbage stuff is happening way more in the Offtopic forum than here; follow the next major release here and you'll see that people will write initial reactions, elaborated opinions and in some cases even in-depth reviews.

I'm still salty over that Flab Soul verse on They.Resurrect.Over.New.

I can still stomach lyrical miracle third eye open Lupe verses but Flabbo can
f19jwMO.png

Lupe say I'm a stoner
I say that I'm much bolder (boulder)

Trapped in a game where the trap is the game

aGzf1Ru.png

T&Y was just really boring to me. Not trash, but eh.

True. And some other places online are way worse about that than GAF-Hop. Like KTT.

I think a lot of GAF-Hoppaz thought that Tetsuo was alright but nothing groundbreaking. See, Lupe has created way better albums in the past which is why he gets treated harsher than someone without the same output.

The emoji-flames/garbage stuff is happening way more in the Offtopic forum than here; follow the next major release here and you'll see that people will write initial reactions, elaborated opinions and in some cases even in-depth reviews.

Yeah sums up my feeling on T&Y way too many long songs I felt drained half way through the album. Don't really have any incentive to go back for a re-listen. I will say if this was released instead of LASERS I'd more receptive towards it.

I could touch on how Lupe still has a better good to bad album ratio than some of the rappers ya'll idolize in here
DqoWiBZ.png

But I don't wanna shatter nobody's dreams on no Saturday
1yPI97q.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If Lu had cut about 4 tracks off T&Y it would be a great album. It's Pretty Damn Good as is, but it Could've Been Better.

Still, it's a hell of a better rebound album than say, Kingdom Come or Relapse. Not that those are high bars to clear, but you know. You take the lower case w when the W eludes you.

It's a good album. If you appreciate lyrics you'll like the album. The production is a step up from his previous albums and it even has some solid hooks.

HiResDes

I wouldn't say really good, but it's decent or better. It's pretty much alternate universe TPAB by the wrong guy.
Nope. Not even the close, everyone wants to shit on TPAB because it wasn't a GKMC sequel, but it's one of the most cohesive and artistic albums made this year

I was in the gym and I hear someone yell out randomly "Is that a world tour or ya girl tour"

to think some people said there were no decent "quotables" on that track. he managed to get a diss song to the clubs. it's a really entertaining flow and beat in back to back. regardless of where the beef went i'm glad that track came out of it.

btw migos album is mad disappointing. chalk them up as another bunch of rappers who didn't make a great transition from mixtape to major label. should have just released no label 2 or rich nigga timeline as their album.

Courage

No Label II was rereleased as an album iirc. Much better project than what we got with this one.

EDIT: Your point still stands tho. Atlantic most likely had an influence in how it sounds.

Prediction: no album today. Dre just gives a release date but doesn't play anything new. Never expect anything from Dre and you'll be good.

Trey

flame emoji and garbage, the only two ratings on the internet

It makes sense though. The fuck a nigga supposed to do with a 40 degree day, an aight album, an okay movie? If you're gonna talk about it you usually have something more substantial to say than "yeah it was aight. Could've been better but I ain't mad at it."

BlackJace

Lots of skippable stuff on the new Migos, but from first listen, I found it pretty alright.
Definitely lost some of their luster during this transition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom