• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cudi's recent stuff is pretty bad. I, too, respect the fact he's willing to try new things, but it's kind of pointless as he doesn't have enough self-awareness to recognise what he can or can't do well. And it turns out there's not apparently not very much he can do well.

Nibel

http://drdre.com/ changed - announcement today on his show?

ujhlcc6mzjaz.png

So Back 2 Back is charting on iTunes and has the clubs going up

Drake really just made a diss track the record of the summer.

It's hard outchea for Ja Meek

if the internet was a monolithic entity, by & large it dickrode em for the first half of his career and woke the fuck up when he mostly shat up the 2nd half

like, as a Wu stan? the internet doesn't "hate" on them; their group efforts since the early aughts have seemingly only gotten worse & further reminded people of their once greatness. as said stan, can i still find bits/tracks here & there to be enjoyable? no doubt, but they fell the fuck off years ago; no reason to cry about it or attempt to deny it when people bring it up.

I really wanna get hyped for that Dre album but I just know that Slaughterhouse managed to get on it somehow
c0wFV8m.png

aww that'd be some garbage. fearing the worst with the eminem and slaughterhouse features.

funnily enough 10 or more years ago i think an eminem/dre collaboration would be really exciting.

Lol it's apparent I stayed here too long. Time to take my leave from this nonsense.

Nah, Slaughterhouse won't be on the Dre record. Cube claims it's "inspired by the movie", so I'm expecting a big west coast sound.

The only cat in SH who really vibes with that is Crooked

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm listening to Banco for the first time in months and it still holds up perfectly (and it's just a fun album to blast around town in the summer)

tumblr_ngvz6jQkXm1qahb6ho1_400.gif

Kyzer

Banned
realizing this meek vs drake thing was an international event now looking at peoples facebooks from all around the world

Koozek

Honestly, brehs, I'm slowly starting to think that Dre is a bit overrated, or let's be fair and say that he fell off especially in the last 10 years since after Documentary basically.

Honestly, brehs, I'm slowly starting to think that Dre is a bit overrated, or let's be fair and say that he fell off especially in the last 10 years since after Documentary basically.

How much production work has he really done in the past ten years though? Outside of Relapse, it's been a while since he's had a big presence on an album.

I will agree that he's slightly overrated though. In the sense that his various collaborators over the years (Daz, Mel-Man, Scott Storch, Mike Elizondo, Dawaun Parker) haven't always received some of the credit they deserve in making some of his beats. No question that Dre's final touch is magic, but I don't think he's been the one doing much of the groundwork in terms of making his beats since the 90s.

Koozek

How much of this was Gaf-hop influenced?
Not much. It only reinforced my feelings.
Relapse was hot garbage. He didn't produce a lot in the last few years, yeah, but what he did was super samey and stale. The same old piano + boom-clap-boom-clap drum-pattern + horn-hits every few bars.

EDIT: This is smooth, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cypVfc4g_cc

Let your little sister fight your battles brehs
Should have let her ghostwrite for him.

Can any OG's in here explain why we never got a Rakim & Kool G Rap collaboration album??

The two best old school rappers??

Rappers didn't really do collab albums like that in the 80s. Plus G Rap was in the Juice Crew so he wasn't really out there looking to do shit with Rakim. They did some tours together though...but then again it's weird how in the 80s there would be like a billion rappers on one tour.

IrishNinja

When your own sister outraps you brehs

meek is chillin
sheema is chillin
what more can i say? top billin

Lol it's apparent I stayed here too long. Time to take my leave from this nonsense.

have thin skin about one of the internet's most beloved MC's

normally i think it's not a good idea to mess with one of the most iconic beats in hip hop, but i'm diggin this

Rappers didn't really do collab albums like that in the 80s. Plus G Rap was in the Juice Crew so he wasn't really out there looking to do shit with Rakim. They did some tours together though...but then again it's weird how in the 80s there would be like a billion rappers on one tour.

true, but supershows like rock the bells brought a lotta that back, wish we'd get that out here agian
old school tickets especially - ive missed a bunch of slick/doug/biz/kane/etc collabo shows in the last so many years

Also didn't Rakim have to be talked down from dissing Kool G Rap at one point? There wasn't hostility but they saw themselves as rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom