• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
14 threads, 90% kanye arguments, 2% Phoenix dark pause worthy quotes, 5% Irish multi quote replies, 1% esch making lames cry on their keyboards, 2% coli smilies.

PBY

Banned
XXX is that raw, uncut darkness.

DS2 succeeds because it taps into some of that darkness, but packages it in really digestible trap beats in a way that makes you question how cool that lifestyle really is.

Esch

Banned
Nothing funny about an old man with power and influence taking advantage and sucking the life force from the young like a gay vampire

yeah it's actually not funny and extremely depressing especially when it seems like an open secret

make abusing disadvantaged children a genre inside joke brehs

bigq2beft.gif

HiResDes

My fault for all of typos in the XXX writeup, wrote that shit in between doing rooms at the E. D. on some quick word vomit shit.

Nibel

The closest recent analogue to ‘‘Beauty Behind the Madness’’ is probably ‘‘1989,’’ Taylor Swift’s pop coming-­out party from last year, which also pulses with 1980s pomp, and which Martin had a heavy hand in, too. Like Tesfaye, Swift spent the early part of her career cultivating a finicky audience and then cut bait and re-­established herself at the very center. But Swift had, in essence, been making pop music all along, in terms of subject matter and structural approach. Tesfaye’s transformation is a more precarious balancing act, reframing his past without abandoning it, teaching his hard-core fans not to mind when the new ones show up to cheerily sing along. So far, it seems to be working; when Swift played at MetLife Stadium in July, she invited Tesfaye out to duet with him on ‘‘Can’t Feel My Face.’’

And people question why Swizzle's gif is in the OP

Aside from staying occupied while putting the final touches on what is expected to become a cult classic, Run The Jewels' Meow The Jewels, it was announced that producer El-P was tapped by Fantastic Four director Josh Trank to compose the film's end credits. According to EW, Josh stated "One of my heroes, @therealelp, made a incredible instrumental piece for our end credits. I couldn’t be any more excited."

http://2dopeboyz.com/2015/07/26/el-p-fantastic-four-another-body/

El-P- "Another Body" (Fantastic Four)

Didn't know this was happening.

I never really got into Future. I heard a few tracks and just didn't really enjoy it as much as everyone else. I mean, Move that dope was cool, but he stuff just never really clicked.

Then I listened to 56 nights and Beast Mode.

Holy shit. My life has been changed.

Fjordson

I don't know, if he hasn't by now I don't see what more he can do.
I guess Trilogy was already fairly big, so maybe the new album will just be similar success-wise, but it does feel like Can't Feel My Face is his biggest single yet.

MoeDabs

The Hills is one of my top played songs at the strip club, maybe second only to Post To Be. Probably isn't relevant but The Weeknd is now one of the most requested artists at the club.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ICFMF is one of the most popular songs of the summer and he's no 1 on the billboard artists chart atm. Over fuckin Taylor Swift. Abel has had a meteoric rise after the Shades of Grey OST, and the last two singles. Definitely in a much different place than he was with Kissland. So good to see my boy on top of the world. 🙌🌏

Fjordson

ICFMF is one of the popular songs of the summer and he's no 1 on the billboard artists chart atm. Over fuckin Taylor Swift. Abel has had a meteoric rise after the Shades of Grey OST, and the last two singles. Definitely in a much different place than he was with Kissland. So good to see my boy on top of the world. 🙌🌏
Ah forgot about the Shades of Grey song. Definitely having a good run right now.

I like how Abel has gone more pop yet the tracks are still good. I like Earned It well enough. ICFMF is amazing. Often is more in line with his mixtapes, and it's dope too.

MoeDabs

ICFMF is one of the most popular songs of the summer and he's no 1 on the billboard artists chart atm. Over fuckin Taylor Swift. Abel has had a meteoric rise after the Shades of Grey OST, and the last two singles. Definitely in a much different place than he was with Kissland. So good to see my boy on top of the world. 🙌🌏
Earned It was huge. And trash. Only Weeknd track I don't fuck with much.

I didn't like Earned It either, but I'm diggin ICFMF/Hills/Often, and they all on the same upcoming album. Definitely more commercial than House of Balloons white hipster sound, but shit is still dope

MoeDabs

I didn't like Earned It either, but I'm diggin ICFMF/Hills/Often, and they all on the same upcoming album. Definitely more commercial than House of Balloons white hipster sound, but shit is still dope

What is "white hipster sound"? Not offended just really curious lol

Nibel

I don't fuck with most of his pop music. Don't get me wrong, he makes very good pop music but if you know what dude is actually capable of then it just sounds just okayish to me and nothing mindblowing. Will still give BBTM a listen of course and see if the complete package will impress me more

^ Good remix Snug

I never really got into Future. I heard a few tracks and just didn't really enjoy it as much as everyone else. I mean, Move that dope was cool, but he stuff just never really clicked.

Then I listened to 56 nights and Beast Mode.

Holy shit. My life has been changed.

Get on Monster and DS2. Beast Mode is probably the weakest of the so called 4peat. It's only a 3peat as far as I'm concerned. BM just isn't as dark and monotonous as the other, superior, Future joints.

I respect Franklin for doing it big for dark skinned brothers of course but I've never really been into his music. Mixtape had a couple cool tracks but that album was largely forgettable outside of Pyramids (classic track).

Abel is doing it big for Khaki colored dudes. I want Frank to succeed but I don't feel bad about riding for Abel right now. He got the blackberry juice right now.

overcast

PD you wrote something very similar about Frank when he first came out lmao. Really stick to your guns.

Can't Feel My Face and The Hills are both dope. But Frank really gonna go ahead and let July pass by. That's how this is gonna work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom