• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Frank was and is never gonna reach Abel's height in fame anyway, unless he also started popifying his sound. What's Frank's biggest hit so far, Thinkin Bout You? It peaked at 32 on the Hot 100. The best he'll do is be well-respected among critics and cater to his more limited fanbase, as he's more of an album artist if anything.

overcast

Frank is definitely not necessarily going for that popularity, seems to be gunning for acclaim of all sorts. I thought he was gonna blow up like crazy after WTT features and the like. Seemed like he was destined to become one of the main male pop artists for a bit.

My main issue is I just didn't care for Channel Orange straight up. I don't care about his standing in popularity but I need a better album. Production on that was snooze.

about the same place where his foot slides into some woman's face

Really gotta believe my man at least practiced this move in rehearsal. Shit was a Hulk Hogan(RIP) leg drop

miguellegdrop.gif

I just hope Abel's newfound fame/fanbase doesn't force him to change his R&Bill Cosby lyrical content. I wouldn't let him within 3 feet of my female cousins.

Lmao. I could hardly believe that shit when I saw it on TV. Brutal.

I liked Wildheart, though. No Kaleidoscope Dream, but solid.

Same, good album, I didn't expect Kaleidoscope Dram, but I don't think he was trying for that shit either.

Rather he produce solid music than just...fuckin' nothing like Frank Ocean

Esch

Banned
I just hope Abel's newfound fame/fanbase doesn't force him to change his R&Bill Cosby lyrical content. I wouldn't let him within 3 feet of my female cousins.

Nah breh. Even his Ariana Grande feature had some low key Cosbtent. Another reason why I'd rather listen to Frank Ocean sing about his daddy issues. Not really trying to hear ol' Toronto Pudding Pops talk about trying to liquor and drug girls up on every track

dUlMFSY.png

Tokubetsu

Nah breh. Even his Ariana Grande feature had some low key Cosbtent. Another reason why I'd rather listen to Frank Ocean sing about his daddy issues. Not really trying to hear ol Toronto Pudding Pops talk about trying to liquor and drug girls up on every track

dUlMFSY.png
I let my niggas test it
Her morals worth a cent
And best believe I already spent it

mobsgQ8.png

I think he's more popular than many here think; in fact there are dozens of Frank Ocean related tweets every minute and some articles here and there. People are hungry and I think he can sell a healthy amount

+ 0 live skills

Don't YouTube this shit brehs

I don't really give a shit about PND but I saw the weeknd during his first tour in the states and man that was dog shit. Dude didn't have ANY stage presence and his vocals were totally flat. If PND wanted to be a grocery store brand weeknd he could do it tbh.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think he's more popular than many here think; in fact there are dozens of Frank Ocean related tweets every minute and some articles here and there. People are hungry and I think he can sell a healthy amount

Yeah, he's popular-ish, but not "drop an album like Beyonce" popular. They'll need to ramp him up.

Esch

Banned
I let my niggas test it
Her morals worth a cent
And best believe I already spent it

mobsgQ8.png

it's sorta telling that the internet social justice outlets never got at The Weeknd for making date rape classics

The Weeknd said:
Been on another level since you came, no more pain
Look into my eyes, you can't recognize my face
You're in my world now, you can stay, you can stay
But you belong to me, you belong to me

If it hurts to breathe, open the window
Oh, your mind wants to leave but you can't go

This is a happy house, we're happy here
In a happy house, oh this is fun

Music got you lost
Nights pass so much quicker than the days did
Same clothes, you ain't ready for your day shift
This place will burn you up
But baby it's okay and my niggas next door
They be working in the trap, so get louder if you want
So don't blame it on me that you didn't call your home
So don't blame it on me girl cause you wanted to have fun

Maybe if he was fat or ugly like rawse the hammer would have fallen
PxkMOvw.png

IrishNinja

14 threads, 90% kanye arguments, 2% Phoenix dark pause worthy quotes, 5% Irish multi quote replies, 1% esch making lames cry on their keyboards, 2% coli smilies.

best summary ive seen yet

FLAWLESS
INSTA-CLASSIC
NOT BUSY ENOUGH

Have you heard the album "Yeezus" by Kanye West?

typical JC, frontin like he aint know we the new slaves™

Just goes to show you that the world wasn't ready for a bisexual RnB singer who doesn't make any music.

Nah breh. Even his Ariana Grande feature had some low key Cosbtent. Another reason why I'd rather listen to Frank Ocean sing about his daddy issues. Not really trying to hear ol' Toronto Pudding Pops talk about trying to liquor and drug girls up on every track

dUlMFSY.png

ya'll remember when we'd go a few pages in a new thread before savagery
nah i don't either

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PND has no redeeming qualities. He's not consistently good at hooks, dropped two forgettable projects, verses have none of the swag, flow or charisma of the artists he bums his style off of, and same can be said about his personality. Dude has like one hot line in Break From Toronto and maybe the hook on Recognize and that's it.

Unless there's a good Drake song he wrote that hasn't been exposed yet, not sure how anyone can get excited about him popping up anywhere.

Yeah I think so too I've been waiting for a minute and he's coming off a Grammy winning critically acclaimed album. D'angelo did 100k after a ten-year hiatus and announced the album a week before it released. If it's good it'll do numbers.

ARK322

Neo Member
Living Legend is iffy. Some of it is pretty solid, some is straight garbage.

Except Dark Dayz. That song is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom