• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

I told you guys Nicki is finished. She should have stayed hip hop. Smarten up Nicki.

She is projected to sell 200k - 250K. LOL! J. Cole sold more than her. Cole World!

tumblr_m17trd2qha1qzy8i7o1_500.gif

Will still go Plat thanks to the billion singles she will have out.

New Currensy is nice, even with Wale doing some lame Rick Ross impersonation.

New Kanye song is boring.

New Blackace mix is trill, just straight up fun.

New Nicki Minaj album will get to platinum easy. Albums with singles like that have mad legs.

The M.O.B

Also, naming it Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded makes me and a lot of every people think it's just a re-release with a couple extra songs which is probably why it's debuting so much lower than her last album despite her popularity being off the charts.

What a dumb mistake they made.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also, naming it Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded makes me and a lot of every people think it's just a re-release with a couple extra songs which is probably why it's debuting so much lower than her last album despite her popularity being off the charts.

yeah.. it was bad.

IrishNinja

For some reason I read this as Hit Squad and was excited as fuck thinking we were getting a mix full of EPMD, redman, das efx, keith murray, and k-solo (lol).
When I reread it I cried a little inside.

speaking of, I just read that blackout 3 is supposed to be coming out this year. I fucking hope so.

i thought i heard we were getting both? maybe i dreamt that shit.
oh yeah - didnt blackstar have a new single or somethin?

Precisely.

//B1G

Banned
Seems.. odd.

How would you know it's really him?

like i said, he used to post a lot a couple years ago. he talked about yay on twitter and shit... then he stopped for a while cus no one was praising him anymore and he got a bit puff chested and quit

Ephemeris

Sister works at [redacted] in NYC. She was Yeezy and Kim's personal shopper a little while ago.

Few months ago she worked with Jay; I'm gonna have her keep a copy of WTT in her desk or some shit from now on.

Fuck losing her job : |

PlayDat

Hey GAF-Hop, long time lurker first time poster here. I just recently started listening to Danny Brown's XXX and came across this interview, where Danny and his producers explain their inspiration for each track. I was wondering where I can find more articles like that one.

So I've been lurking GAf-HOP since I discovered GAf about 3 years ago. I never posted because to be honest I don't know much about rap. I never listened to it much growing up. I just wanted to know what albums you guys consider definitive. What made rap something you really wanted to listen to. It can be West Coast, East Coast, South whatever. Thanks guys.

Detox

Thanks. I haven't gotten around to Radioactive yet, but when I do I'll definitely check this out.

There's a bunch of those complex articles if you follow the tag

So I've been lurking GAf-HOP since I discovered GAf about 3 years ago. I never posted because to be honest I don't know much about rap. I never listened to it much growing up. I just wanted to know what albums you guys consider definitive. What made rap something you really wanted to listen to. It can be West Coast, East Coast, South whatever. Thanks guys.
There's a lot so here's some off the top of my head:
Nas - Illmatic
Mobb Deep - Infamous
Tupac - Greatest Hits
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Gang starr - Moment of Truth
Game - The Documentary

I think this is a good list, it is a lot of stuff, but just pick one randomly and you should be good.

Of all of Outkast's discography they chose Stankonia to represent them?

Just start in 94' and Southernplaya, then 96' ATLiens and cap it off with 98' Aquinemi.

Thennn when you're starving for more hit up Stankonia.

Yea if you want to start out with Outkast listen to ATLiens. Stankonia isn't all that great.

Slizz

Of all of Outkast's discography they chose Stankonia to represent them?

Just start in 94' and Southernplaya, then 96' ATLiens and cap it off with 98' Aquinemi.

Thennn when you're starving for more hit up Stankonia.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Here's five from me:

Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
Ghostface - Ironman
Outkast - ATLiens
Common - One Day It'll All Make Sense
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
I don't think I'd ever put Grave Diggaz or AZ on an "essential" rap list either. That's like Advance Rap 102 shit.

Truth, and Dr. Octagonecologyst is Masters courses.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
You can take that wack ass Dizzee Rascal album off of there though. It's really terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom