• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Well being called the Doctor's Advocate and Dre not being anywhere near it.. Is good reason to hate because of the huge dick riding he was doing..

Game without help for hooks is painfully average to laughable.. DA had its moments but I skip like half album, and really skip like one song on Documentary..

Totally agree. The only thing that is better in Doctor's Advocate over The Documentary is that amazing Busta verse. The whole song is great, in fact (love drunken Game).

hubes

i haaaaaate big sean, but i actually kinda liked his verse on mercy? it might have been so bad that it was just a little funny and entertaining? i can't explain it, but i hate myself right now.

2chaaaaaainz was great though. any news on an album coming out soon?

Detox

Haven't listened to the tape yet but Game better not fall into the trap he did last time. I think the mixtapes he released for RED, the delays it went through and some of the failed songs like the JT feature meant that he actually couldn't afford the bigger producers on the album there were rumours of it heavily featuring Quik, Dre and Timbaland and then we got none of them. Game is only as good as the beats he picks which he is usually good at, lets hope he doesn't blow the budget on shitloads of features and beats for mixtapes.

Macca

i haaaaaate big sean, but i actually kinda liked his verse on mercy? it might have been so bad that it was just a little funny and entertaining? i can't explain it, but i hate myself right now.

Yea, 2chaaaaaaaaainz was great. I usually like him, but I thought he was great here. Best verse on the song. Although, I love Ye's too. Pusha disappointed me.

August 14th with a chance of getting pushed forward

Jay Sosa

Drop it to the Flo, make that ass shake
Whoa, make the ground move thats a assquake
Built a house up on that ass, thats a asstate (astate)
Roll my weed on it , that's an asstray. (ashtray)

Who rolls his weed on an ashtray?

The Fuck? Just heard that 'Mercy' beat..sounds like a very generic southern beat to me. First that awful fashion show trash and now that one? Seems I'm finally too old to understand what most of you guys seem to like. Oh well..

Speaking of southern music..I know I'm late as hell but I recently had this album on repeat:

j-dawg.jpg

It's been quite a while since I enjoyed a southern rap record that much..

PBY

Banned
Mercy is a HUGE track, love it.

2 Chainz might have had the best verse, he def stepped his bars up.

NOW WE OUT IN PARIS, YEAH IM PERRIERING

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Audio Dope 3 is going to be on The Stoned Immaculate which is coming out on June 5th. Not sure when Pilot Talk 3 is dropping but between Immaculate, his follow up to Covert Coup with Alchemist on 4/20, and his EP with Harry Fraud, there will as usual be an abundance of music from Spitta this year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gonna see Big Krit tomorrow/ Possibly meet him afterwards. Anything yall really want me to ask?
Get him to shout out NeoGAF and record it on your phone so it can be immortalized in GAF-Hop threads forever*.

*until OT5 when we claim he's sold out.

MisterRueler

Neo Member
I guess I'm like two days late on this one, but Theraflu made me realize how much I fucking hate producers yelling their name in the beginning of a track. It's like, let your production speak for itself, nobody gives a shit about hearing "DJ KHALED!!!!!"

Macca

I guess I'm like two days late on this one, but Theraflu made me realize how much I fucking hate producers yelling their name in the beginning of a track. It's like, let your production speak for itself, nobody gives a shit about hearing "DJ KHALED!!!!!"
DJ Khaled doesn't even produce the tracks. Haha.

Lhexh

My bitch make yo bitch look like precious. lmao

Also seems Good music were rollin hard on this one. That said I really want some pills now lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so Big Sean stays embarrassing hisself and everybody within a ten mile radius of him.

Bottoms Up is pretty fucking good, except for the Eminem track and the one where he decides to get his sing along on - secrets, i think

PBY

Banned
The fact that theres only like a page of threads in ot-community really shows how unnecessary it is.

Yeah. I don't wanna criticize too much without seeing how it plays out, but it just seems arbitrary to me- like why isn't the Dating OT here? or F1 Age? Or P90x age? Or Jazz/hop?

CRS

Audio Dope 3 is going to be on The Stoned Immaculate which is coming out on June 5th. Not sure when Pilot Talk 3 is dropping but between Immaculate, his follow up to Covert Coup with Alchemist on 4/20, and his EP with Harry Fraud, there will as usual be an abundance of music from Spitta this year.

There's an abundance of music from Spitta every year.

Tokubetsu

Well being called the Doctor's Advocate and Dre not being anywhere near it.. Is good reason to hate because of the huge dick riding he was doing..

Game without help for hooks is painfully average to laughable.. DA had its moments but I skip like half album, and really skip like one song on Documentary..

Yea, I skip around DA a lot too. "Wouldn't Get Far", "Doctor's Advocate" and "Ol' English" are my highlights.

When it comes to LAX, my favorite songs are basically all the bonus cuts that never made the album proper:

Fucking LOVE Spanglish

Nice too

There's an abundance of music from Spitta every year.

I was concerned by some of his recent EPs but that verse sounds dope. I'm hyped

I just wish he'd switch up his flow more. I'd love to hear some ASAP Rocky/Schoolboy type spitting on the beats Spitta gets.

CRS

I was concerned by some of his recent EPs but that verse sounds dope. I'm hyped

I just wish he'd switch up his flow more. I'd love to hear some ASAP Rocky/Schoolboy type spitting on the beats Spitta gets.

Wasn't Muscle Car Chronicles the only mediocre tape he's put out recently? That's the only release that I'm aware of.

I wonder if Freddie Gibbs will make an appearance on the Covert Coup sequel. That verse still blows my mind every time I listen to it.

Missy and Timbo perform a new song. Apparently called Triple Threat.
Who's the third threat? Magoo?

Wasn't Muscle Car Chronicles the only mediocre tape he's put out recently? That's the only release that I'm aware of.

I wonder if Freddie Gibbs will make an appearance on the Covert Coup sequel. That verse still blows my mind every time I listen to it.

Who's the third threat? Magoo?

Missy is a triple threat herself, she can produce, rap and sing.
When her album drops she's about to cause a real ass-quake boi!

Esch

Banned

i just find people who flaunt their multiculturalism to be annoying; for example i am indian ethnically but know tons of black peeps and spend time in those areas yet you dont see me running around throwing around gang signs and speak ebonics and sh*t when I'm there

Told y'all.

In what I feel has been a pretty weak hip hop year so far (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough), Bottoms Up is a damn solid album. Mostly solo (which is always a plus from a solo artist), solid production, and Obie's distinct flow helps it not to fall into the sea of Wayne/Drake/Kanye wannabes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom