• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
In what I feel has been a pretty weak hip hop year so far (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough), Bottoms Up is a damn solid album. Mostly solo (which is always a plus from a solo artist), solid production, and Obie's distinct flow helps it not to fall into the sea of Wayne/Drake/Kanye wannabes.

how can you say this year is weak when we got assquake yesterday?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
In what I feel has been a pretty weak hip hop year so far (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough), Bottoms Up is a damn solid album. Mostly solo (which is always a plus from a solo artist), solid production, and Obie's distinct flow helps it not to fall into the sea of Wayne/Drake/Kanye wannabes.

He's a meat and potatoes rapper in a dessert buffet of candy coated dipshits.

i just find people who flaunt their multiculturalism to be annoying; for example i am indian ethnically but know tons of black peeps and spend time in those areas yet you dont see me running around throwing around gang signs and speak ebonics and sh*t when I'm there

Indians bust their guns too, no need to front

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Who rolls his weed on an ashtray?

Speaking of southern music..I know I'm late as hell but I recently had this album on repeat:

j-dawg.jpg

It's been quite a while since I enjoyed a southern rap record that much..

That got slept on, but was jamming.

Esch

Banned
Indians bust their guns too, no need to front

Ya but im not about to dress up in baggy shit and robber caps and be talkin that nahmean nahmeans when im hanging out in Normandy. i kick a little slang once in a while cause dudes find it funny coming from the brown man, but im not tryna front like that.

Tokubetsu

iJLcOhlufqNCu.png

Cancer for Cure:
01 Request Denied
02 The Full Retard
03 Works Every Time
04 Drones Over BKLYN
05 Oh Hail No [ft. Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire and Danny Brown]
06 Tougher Colder Killer [ft. Killer Mike and Despot]
07 True Story
08 The Jig Is Up
09 Sign Here
10 For My Upstairs Neighbor (Mums the Word)
11 Stay Down [ft. Nick Diamonds]
12 $4 Vic/FTL (Me and You)

May 22nd via Fat Possum

"Full Retard"

SoilBreak

Banned

Sir Michael Rocks – Premier Politics 1.5 (Mixtape)

itWW2.jpg

When Mikey was crafting Premier Politics last Summer, he went a little overboard and recorded far more songs than what was needed. Instead of letting them go to waste though, he drops off 1.5 w/ production and features from the likes of Cardo, BrandUn DeShay, Cookin’ Soul, Like (of Pac Div), Chuck Inglish and more.

1. Antidote (Prod. Brandun DeShay)
2. Chill f. Like (of Pac Div) (Prod. Sunny Norway)
3. Face Down f. DJ Thunder (Prod. Tye Hill)
4. Hit A Lick f. Tris J & Shorty K (Prod. Tye Hill)
5. Pick Of The Month (Prod. The Warriors)
6. Checkin’ f. Shorty K (Prod. Cardo)
7. Pajama Pants (Prod. byCardo)
8. Alive & High (Prod. Cookin’ Soul)
9. Out The Jam f. Chuck Inglish (Prod. Monsta Beats)
10. New Dress f. Shorty K (Prod. Brandun DeShay)
11. Point Of View (Prod. Tye Hill)
12. Imagine (Prod. Cardo)
13. BONUS: Slice [Remix] (Prod. Tye Hill)

I swear Kanye has got the worst verse on Mercy *smh*

but he has the best part of the beat so it cancels out. Sounds like some Scarface shit.

This song is pretty dope.

I'm not a snitch so I won't do it but I wanna drag every community down to hell with us. Including Dating-Age which somehow gets to stay in OT. I hate this tab. Sometimes I forget it's in community now but I'm slowly getting used to it. Still a hassle tho.

SoilBreak

Banned
Killer Mike speaks on releasing joint album with Big Boi

Only days after Beanie Sigel and Scarface announced that they would be dropping a joint album, it looks we can expect yet another joint project from two Hip Hop heavyweights. During an interview with HipHopWired.com, Atlanta rapper Killer Mike revealed that he’ll be working with fellow ATLien Big Boi on a joint album.

Killer Mike revealed that fans can expect a much harder sound when it comes to his album with Big Boi, a sound somewhat reminiscent of the Speakerboxxx track “Bust.”

“I’m looking forward to going back and forth with Big a whole record. Like people always like the collaborations we did,” Killer Mike explained. “And I’m not talking about the ‘Whole World’ stuff you know, the ‘A.D.I.D.A.S.’ I’m talking about ‘Bust.’ You know what I mean? Snapping and trapping. When it’s just me and him, just two pitbulls going at a bone.”

Killer Mike went on to explain that his skill set on a song tends to fluctuate depending on who he’s collaborating with.

“That’s what I enjoy cause my skill set goes up according to who I’m with so when I rap with Big Boi, T.I., and Bun B magic happens,” said Killer Mike. “So I’m looking forward to going 12 songs back and forth. And I’mma just tell ya’ll like my whole inspiration is that pimp, playa Big Boi shit. The beats I’m picking and bringing to it man, this gonna be some of that slum, drum Cadillac music. Believe that.”

No other details on Killer Mike and Big Boi’s album were revealed.

IrishNinja

sound like my man esha aint keepin it REAL

when im around my minority peeps its ninja this, ninja that nahmean
and then i do a little jig/riverdance so they know i'm hood

Recon

Banned
Man, I swear Dear Moleskin is way too over hyped. Very nice instrumental, but the snippet of Jay was nothing great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, I swear Dear Moleskin is way too over hyped. Very nice instrumental, but the snippet of Jay was nothing great.
Jay Electronica is the most overhyped artist in years. He doesn't have much to his name, and much of it is garbage. But Dear Moleskine is like a promise someone made to you, but you don't know if they're still gonna keep it. The live extension of the verse is very good, and everyone's wondering if there's more. The song builds.

Hyfr may be the most ridiculous video ive ever seen. What the fuck.
Never forget Bizarre's latest.

Recon

Banned
Mercy is probably the worst single since Lift Off. Man...the GOOD music album is gonna be bad. Theraflu was decent, I could listen to it again,preferably without DJ KHALED!!!

TangMeng

Mercy is probably the worst single since Lift Off. Man...the GOOD music album is gonna be bad. Theraflu was decent, I could listen to it again,preferably without DJ KHALED!!!

There goes Recon hating again
joking <3

I agree Theraflu has a better beat but there's just something so good about Mercy. It's ignorance is on another level

RC

Banned
Need your help GAF-HOP. My playlists are getting stale. Need something new to listen to. Perferably from the east coast, emphasis on lyrics and real rhyming.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shockingly, I actually really like the beat on Mercy. Everyone on it is fucking dogshit though so it cancels out. I'll have to look for an instrumental or hope someone with actual talent jacks the beat.

No Idea how I missed this from last year?

http://youtu.be/2Ka3-F2yKTM

Dude never drops wack verses on production that fits his style. Sometimes he sounds a bit "off" when rapping over a higher tempo song. A lot of it has to do with his voice sounding rather difference when he raps faster. The lyrics aren't the problem, it's the vocal presence. I think these tracks are dope but at times it does sound like he's lost a bit/losing breath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVH-TbmLAz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LtJR8e4qI

Reloaded will be top 5 this year

Recon

Banned
This whole page has been fucking stupid. Let me combo break this shit fest. Game's mixtape >> whatever fuckery spitta puts out this year.

A while ago before community days in this thread someone linked a big KRIT show were the audience fucking sucked. Tonight was totally the opposite. Only about a crowd of 500 at the show but KRIT showed out. People bum rushed the the gates to get closer, once security lost control of that KRIT jumped into the crowd and continued the shit. Hoping around with him tonight was fun as shit. And didn't get to ask the Yela question.. sorry. But he is a great performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom