• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What? No.

Miyazaki movies are almost always great, Monster, Death Note, Akira, NGE, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and so on. You just have to know where to look or rather who to ask.

Miyazaki is legendary.. Everything else you said is horrible

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
=(

How can anyone not like Cowboy Bebop? Oh well, would be kinda boring If we all agree on everything.

Just hate the anime culture.. Like shitty side characters that have to be anime

Malajax

So I have $20 to spend on iTunes. Any recommendations?

Mind you, not a fan of the stuff that gets put on the radio these days. Nobody has anything interesting to say, just a bunch of crap about sex, money and women. Looking for stuff deeper than that. Big fan of 90s style hip hop. Really into B.I.G, but there's nobody with that voice or flavor these days. I'm trying to get into newer stuff (post '10), but I wouldn't mind building up my classic library.

If all else fails, I'll just buy the Chrono Trigger soundtrack.

Esch

Banned
heh, playing Witcher 2 on the 360.

Im not looking forward to much this year but ACIII PC really. 1-3 months later than the console sku. Risen 2 also should be dope, as will Skyrim: New Vikings or whatever they put out.

I just started watching golgo 13.....gotdamn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
tumblr_m25g06v4lr1r1awquo1_400.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fuck DJ Khaled.

Fuck medium Joe.

Fuck Kanye West unless he's producing that hot fire.

The rest are okay. Don't know who that dude in the back is.

Detox

Mind you, not a fan of the stuff that gets put on the radio these days. Nobody has anything interesting to say, just a bunch of crap about sex, money and women. Looking for stuff deeper than that. Big fan of 90s style hip hop. Really into B.I.G, but there's nobody with that voice or flavor these days. I'm trying to get into newer stuff (post '10), but I wouldn't mind building up my classic library.

Section 80 - Kendrick Lamar not really what you're looking for but still dope. You should have some leftover change too.

That khaled pic, you just know Kanye had to rummage in his wardrobe for those clothes because that unisex shit wouldn't fly with the cats there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Section 80 - Kendrick Lamar not really what you're looking for but still dope. You should have some leftover change too.

That khaled pic, you just know Kanye had to rummage in his wardrobe for those clothes because that unisex shit wouldn't fly with the cats there.
Had to donate his old denim jacket to the Jadakiss too.

Tokubetsu

Don't buy Section 80. You give your money to Schoolboy Q for making "Habits & Contradictions", aka, Album of The Year 2012.

Bishman

Check out:

J. Cole - Cole World: Sideline Story
Kendrick Lamar - Section .80
Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions

Novid

Banned
Just hate the anime culture.. Like shitty side characters that have to be anime

ditto when it comes to manga (only read beserk and any works from Tezuka). cant stand a majority of the business men and some of the fanbase around that culture - then when certain female artists saying they are infucenced by bigg, pac and wezzy use tropes from said culture and then has the gall to say "oh its just... a thang" those chicken heads need to be knocked upside the head.

there was a reason why we had so many post on the toonami threads for 78 pages and 39 pages - it was the evolution of that genre to respectablity. what happened after that block went off the air in 2008 is one of the greatest crimes in the history of the animation industry period. The bronies and the ice cream hnng boys are the result of letting son of bitch ass fuckers from berkley (Crunchyroll) steal everything not tied down by other weak ass punks in funi.

oh and the culture dont allow many brothas in because they would make bank and they would complain about the lack of hnng. that and they play the race card.

Recon

Banned
ditto when it comes to manga (only read beserk and any works from Tezuka). cant stand a majority of the business men and some of the fanbase around that culture - then when certain female artists saying they are infucenced by bigg, pac and wezzy use tropes from said culture and then has the gall to say "oh its just... a thang" those chicken heads need to be knocked upside the head.

there was a reason why we had so many post on the toonami threads for 78 pages and 39 pages - it was the evolution of that genre to respectablity. what happened after that block went off the air in 2008 is one of the greatest crimes in the history of the animation industry period. The bronies and the ice cream hnng boys are the result of letting son of bitch ass fuckers from berkley (Crunchyroll) steal everything not tied down by other weak ass punks in funi.

oh and the culture dont allow many brothas in because they would make bank and they would complain about the lack of hnng. that and they play the race card.

I tried reading this twice, I still cannot understand what the fuck you are saying.

Pharoahe Monch, Common, and Kendrick Lamar should have that deeper music you want, and they all released albums last year. PM has his entire album for preview if you want a listen here.

Kwixotik

I'll have whatever he's on.

Esch

Banned
yo did you ever tell how it was hanging out with ghostface?

we didnt get to take him around town, they stopped letting students do that because there was an incident on thursday night with one of the performers. I did get to chat it up with dude for a minute, he was high as fuck so none of what he said made shit for sense. pretty much what i expected

Novid

Banned
I tried reading this twice, I still cannot understand what the fuck you are saying.

i was just agreeing with what blackace was saying earlier, but its more manga for me than anime.

as for the whole toonami/crunchyroll thing - yeah that going to take 16 posts and too much of my time - so let me just keep it like this, the otaku (as they call themselfs now) are not the same folk i used to deal with back when toonami was the business. cant stand the bs.

the whole Nikki-Chan comment is just that - a comment on her bullshit.

we didnt get to take him around town, they stopped letting students do that because there was an incident on thursday night with one of the performers. I did get to chat it up with dude for a minute, he was high as fuck so none of what he said made shit for sense. pretty much what i expected

ah, that still sounds cool though

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

This reads like a Nas interview

Hootie

RM5Jf.gif

Its that 80s seinen badassery that i missed from anime that actually made it worth watching, so good.

Yup. 80's to early 90's anime is some of my favorite. The violence, the character art, the serious tone, the music. It's the type of stuff that I saw back then that got me interested in anime at all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm listening to the new E-40 albums, and I have to say, guest features are really becoming a plague on Hip-Hop (or at least, have been for a while). It's just annoying to hear so little of the guy you actually paid to hear.

Esch

Banned
I'm listening to the new E-40 albums, and I have to say, guest features are really becoming a plague on Hip-Hop (or at least, have been for a while). It's just annoying to hear so little of the guy you actually paid to hear.
its not so bad when dudes keep putting out 15+ song albums doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom