• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

why do people hate datpiff? just because of their tagging? it's by far the fastest mixtape site to download from (1.5mb/s compared to livemixtapes at 100kb/s if im lucky). the (hosted by datpiff) or datpiff exclusive or whatever they put in every song title is kind of annoying but if i'm looking to hear something right away then datpiff >>

the tagging
its way slower than livemixtapes for me.
their mixtapes are never up on time.
and their website is an ugly mess.

He actually does this for real, I have been in the studio with him out in Atlanta, he messes up alot too mumbling words, he is great at coming up with hooks but verses to go with them is where he fumbles.

Actually this "parody" on Future is spot on.

Drankin on Teeeeeeeeeeeeexas
one day imma try that shit.

Detox

tumblr_m2ei50uCxH1rqc3juo1_500.jpg

Give us another classic.

RJT

I like how the main site has been unchanged for the past decade.

You can't be serious. The site design is awful... Speaking of awfully old design, rapreviews.com is also unchanged. I still go there from time to time...

That reminds me... SOHH.com... Haven't gone there in ages...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Recon can be ornery but if you can't take it without getting all butthurt then go post in the pony thread you vagina ass motherfuckers. This is hip hop gaf, we fuck your wives.

I don't talk ill of a man while he's banned, that's not gangster. He's probably reading your insults while his girl gives him head
As if talking shit to a stranger you'll never meet on the internet is any different. I like the guy, I just think it's funny how he carries himself. I'll quote my posts once he gets back, but that hardly makes anyone any 'tougher'.

I don't talk ill of a man while he's banned, that's not gangster. He's probably reading your insults while his girl gives him head
This your idea of the e-thuggin street code? I've confronted him many times, he would catch feelings and go silent, that's how it usually worked out

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
His asshole act doesn't bother me, what bothers me is his pretenious attitude while at the same time pimping stuff like XV and BoB.

I always got the feeling he was trolling most of the time so I stopped taking whatever he posted seriously.

Anyway, Youtube is broadcasting Coachella this weekend. The lineup they are showing is here: http://www.youtube.com/coachella. I watched some of the DJ deal they had in Miami and the stream was excellent. A few names I would like to check out over the 3 days: Jimmy Cliff, Madness, Frank Ocean, Childish Gambino (just to see if he is still trying to look hard), Manchester Orchetra (they are great live), A$AP Rocky, Airplane Boys, and Justice.

But, I probably will not see any of that as I am going out of town with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. I might be able to get some viewing on my iPad though.

RJT

Another great interview by questlove. This time we find out we have Jay-Z to thank for the brilliant "Game Theory":

“Jay-Z was scared to sign us, but for the wrong reasons. The album that came before our first Def Jam album was The Tipping Point. [At that time] we didn’t have a relationship with Jimmy Iovine at Geffen. So we had to approximate what we thought he would like. So, we kind of stumbled. Jay was like, ‘I don’t want to look like the bad guy here. I don’t want to look like the guy that destroyed America’s rap group.’

Jay-Z said, ‘Nah man, if y’all do a record, I want y’all to do a real Roots record. Don’t like figure out what Jay-Z wants because then I’ma look like the bad guy that killed y’all.’ I never had a label president beg me for an art record before.

“So I had to beg him. I was like, ‘Yo, we’ll be cool.’ He said, ‘Nah man, if y’all do a record, I want y’all to do a real Roots record. Don’t like figure out what Jay-Z wants because then I’ma look like the bad guy that killed y’all.’ I never had a label president beg me for an art record before. Like, ‘Please, no radio singles. I don’t want no radio.’ So that’s what we did with Game Theory."
BTW, if you haven't heard the Q-Tip, Mos Def and Puff Daddy at the Lyricist Lounge story read this.

DominoKid

bored on a friday so question time.

GAF-Hop rappers, what rappers formed your style?

I have a few in mind for myself but I'll wait until we get a few answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom