• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Some great tracks on cali republic but a lot of filler too. Cats and dogs is fantastic. And surprisingly so is the track with lupe. He needs to stop imitating evry other rapper but even when he's pretending to be drake or Wayne or Tyler, he's still a better rapper than the majority of these dipshit rappers out there.

Naw sorry, not really

PBY

Banned
Termanology_50_Bodies_Pt_4-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Termanology-50-Bodies-Pt-4-mixtape.335377.html

Esch

Banned
Lute really needed a better cover. I dont even like thinking about that shit.

That term compilation art is amazing

Messi

I have not listened to ATLiens by Outkast in years, but I have had it on in the background for a few mins and I realise how much I used to love this album and how great it is. Such a chill album.

How do you guys feel about it?

Bums me out that Outkast have done fuck all as a duo in the past few years. <3 3000

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I have not listened to ATLiens by Outkast in years, but I have had it on in the background for a few mins and I realise how much I used to love this album and how great it is. Such a chill album.

Bums me out that Outkast have done fuck all as a duo in the past few years. <3 3000

One of the greatest rap albums made.. big boi > 3 stacks

DominoKid

Yeah I used to be on some backpacker shit hard from 06-09.
But once I got to college I shifted over the course of freshman year cause my friends used to complain about me playing underground rap all the time whenever they'd chill in my room...which was pretty much all day everyday since my roommate basically lived in his girlfriend's dorm.

I honestly listen to it every week at least. Favorite song is probably 2 dope boyz in a cadillac.

but yeah like ace said one of the greatest albums without a doubt.

Kwixotik

Thank you, GAF-Hop, for exposing me to Death Grips. All the satisfaction of breaking shit without actually having to break shit.

It wouldn't be fair to judge him off of this because earlier some acts audio streams sounded off and others were adjusted throughout the set. Childish Gambino for instance had recorded vocals playing higher than his live vocals for the first half of his first song.

He's alright at times like you said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given the circumstances.

iavi

He's sounding pretty damn bad. I expected as much, always thought he sounded like a million-takes kind of dude, but didn't think it'd be this bad.

E: OH SHIT. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP.

Tokubetsu

Sounds really good to me, or about how I expected. Frank sounded about the same on Friday too but Frank's band/backing was awful in comparison. Weeknd's songs just sound a lot better live, but I know Franks heavy sample usage is to blame for his lacking so you can't fault him too much.

I just don't see how you could call this "bad." Voice is obviously gonna be different when you're not layering, panning it and mixing multiple takes.

The mic is too low, which doesn't compliment his weak voice. Not a good performance, you can tell he's still figuring things out

His voice translates better in clubs

iavi

Sounds really good to me, or about how I expected. Frank sounded about the same on Friday too but Frank's band/backing was awful in comparison. Weeknd's songs just sound a lot better live, but I know Franks heavy sample usage is to blame for his lacking so you can't fault him too much.

I just don't see how you could call this "bad." Voice is obviously gonna be different when you're not layering, panning it and doing mixing multiple takes

Frank sounds like a million-takes kind of dude too though, maybe even a few more than Abel. The Weeknd's backing band is killing it though, I agree.

Tokubetsu

Frank sounds like a million-takes kind of dude too though, maybe even a few more than Abel. The Weeknd's backing band is killing it though, I agree.

Yea, his producers were smart to go for a sound that would easily translate from sampler to live band.

I honestly prefer these live drums on some of the tracks.

Kwixotik

I can't be the only person who kind of thinks Weeknd is closeted? Girls never had blowjobs? I'm onto you, dude

www.azlyrics.com said:
I got a brand new girl call it Rudolph
She'll probably OD before I show her to mama
All these girls tryna tell me she got no love
And all these girls never ever got her blow job

What's homoerotic about that? The other girls are against her for her immoral personality, but it doesn't matter to him because her sexual prowess outweighs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom