• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fucking timezones, where can I watch the Snoop and Dre show?

Do a search on Youtube. I would post the link, but I am at work where Youtube is blocked and watching on my iPad. There is a recording of the stream on there. Not perfect, but 55 mins of it. Looking at the Tupac part now. This is creepy as hell.

njean777

nobody will really mention this, but as much as i like kendrick, i dont see a star in him.
he's not really a commanding presence.

Dont really want him to be a star, he doesnt need to result to that swag rap/ignorant rap/ or wannabe gangsta rap that most rappers portray.

RJT

Can't they let the poor dude just rest in peace?

I'm sorry, but it's worth it:

@hologramtupac said:
Yes, @SnoopDogg & I are going to hit the road together. It is going to be called the 'Pale Imitations of Our Former Selves' Tour.

@hologramtupac said:
Get ready for my new album - 'All Eyez Thru Me'

@hologramtupac said:
WTF?!?!?!?! Dre still hasn't dropped Detox?!?!?! What nigga been doing? Trying out for WWE? #SMH

Jay Sosa

nobody will really mention this, but as much as i like kendrick, i dont see a star in him.
he's not really a commanding presence.

Who cares? I just want him to make good music. White girls can't listen to..well whatever they listen to, as long as he continues to entertain me with stuff like OD and Section 80 I'm good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dont really want him to be a star, he doesnt need to result to that swag rap/ignorant rap/ or wannabe gangsta rap that most rappers portray.

wha? This is pretty silly.. his entire style is pretty much modeled after 2Pac..

Who pioneered swag/ignoarant rap

Who cares? I just want him to make good music. White girls can't listen to..well whatever they listen to, as long as he continues to entertain me with stuff like OD and Section 80 I'm good.

I am sure he cares...

Pretty sure his entire career aspirations dont include making sure Jay Sosa is happy..

I wish the kid mad success if he can get it..

He is much better suited for it than Wale was...

RJT

wha? This is pretty silly.. his entire style is pretty much modeled after 2Pac..

Who pioneered swag/ignoarant rap

Whoa whoa... How did Pac pioneer ignorant rap? If anything, he pioneered complex character rap (the template which of course Kendrick follows, as does Kanye and Jay-Z to some extent).

Jay Sosa

I am sure he cares...

Pretty sure his entire career aspirations dont include making sure Jay Sosa is happy..

I wish the kid mad success if he can get it..

He is much better suited for it than Wale was...

Of course I WANT him to be successful, but it's not like he will make worse music when he doesn't 'make it.' Quite the opposite, lots of dudes that got rich lost their hunger (which is very understandable)

If I was a musician getting money would be a nice bonus, but my goal would always be to make good music.

I'd rather be like Devin, stay true to my roots and build a nice, loyal fan base.

Blackace

Whoa whoa... How did Pac pioneer ignorant rap? If anything, he pioneered complex character rap (the template which of course Kendrick follows, as does Kanye and Jay-Z to some extent).

If by character you mean ignorant spiteful stuff then yes you are right...

2Pac wasn't a complex character in the slightest... He talented enough to be to handle different topics besides ignorant stuff.. But most of his hits were balla balla, jail time, or something spiteful/ignorant

I ain't got no motherfucking friends
That's why I fucked your bitch
You're fat motherfucker {Take Money}
West Side
Bad Boy Killers {Take Money}
You know who the realist is
niggas we bring it to {Take Money}
(ha ha, that's alright)

First off, fuck your bitch
And the click you claim
West side when we ride
Come equipped with game
You claim to be a player
But I fucked your wife
We bust on Bad Boys
niggas fuck for Life
Plus Puffy tryin' to see me weak
Hearts I rip
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia
Some mark ass bitches
We keep on coming
While we running for your jewels
Steady gunning
Keep on busting at them fools
You know the rules
Little Ceasar go ask you homie
How I'll leave you
Cut your young ass up
See you in pieces
Now be deceased
Little Kim,
Don't fuck around with real G's
Quick to snatch your ugly ass, off the streets
So fuck peace
I'll let them niggas know
It's on for Life
Don't let the west side
Ride the night (ha ha)
Bad Boys murdered on Wax and kill
fuck with me
And get your caps peeled
You know, see

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like Kendrick is most capable of the new school for making a true classic, he just has issues with quality control making artists like K.R.I.T. and J. Cole 5x more consistent in comparison.

Esch

Banned
I feel like Kendrick is most capable of the new school for making a true classic, he just has issues with quality control making artists like K.R.I.T. and J. Cole 5x more consistent in comparison.

sometimes I wish I had some of the DMT you're ripping.

Macca

Hopefully working with Dre helps. I really can't wait to hear more from him.

Blackace

Of course I WANT him to be successful, but it's not like he will make worse music when he doesn't 'make it.' Quite the opposite, lots of dudes that got rich lost their hunger (which is very understandable)

If I was a musician getting money would be a nice bonus, but my goal would always be to make good music.

I'd rather be like Devin, stay true to my roots and build a nice, loyal fan base.

I am sure most artist want to always make good music.. It is not most artist decide to make a shit album..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sometimes I wish I had some of the DMT you're ripping.
Kendrick is in no way more consistent than those artists. Kendrick's listenable library consists of a bunch of features and half of Section80. Highs are higher, but consistency is an issue. He has much more potential. Maybe his major debut will be it.

Hopefully working with Dre helps. I really can't wait to hear more from him.
Yeah, I just hope he doesn't try to ham-fist Dre into every song. Works for Game, but doesn't jive with Kendrick Lamar at all.

Macca

Yeah, I just hope he doesn't try to ham-fist Dre into every song. Works for Game, but doesn't jive with Kendrick Lamar at all.
I don't see that happening too much. Didn't happen with Em or 50. Although, I wouldn't mind ham-fisting Dre onto most of the beats. Haha.

EDIT: Oh boy, just checked out Slim the Mobsters wikipedia page. Found this gem:

"Detox is set to solidify Slims career as The Chronic did with Snoop Dogg and 2001 did with Eminem.[4] As of Late 2010 he is focused on getting Dr. Dre's Detox which he is heavily featured on finished."

RJT

If by character you mean ignorant spiteful stuff then yes you are right...

2Pac wasn't a complex character in the slightest... He talented enough to be to handle different topics besides ignorant stuff.. But most of his hits were balla balla, jail time, or something spiteful/ignorant

Most of his hits were ignorant stuff, but you would also get stuff like "Old School", "Dear Mama", "I ain't Mad at Cha", "Keep your head up"... When you compare that to Biggie, or Snoop, or Dre, or any of the biggest sellers at the time, you can't possible say that Pac was an "ignorant rapper".

Jay Sosa

I am sure most artist want to always make good music.. It is not most artist decide to make a shit album..

I'm not so sure tbh. I mean of course the don't go out and actually try to make an awful record, I'm talking more about getting popular mc's to feature that are horrible as f***k.

I mean I have to assume that no one adds Gucci Mane to the feature list cause he's such an awesome rapper. Or spitting over beats from some popular producer even though it doesn't fit their style at all.

Blackace

Most of his hits we ignorant stuff, but you would also get stuff like "Old School", "Dear Mama", "I ain't Mad at Cha", "Keep your head up"... When you compare that to Biggie, or Snoop, or Dre, or any of the biggest sellers at the time, you can't possible say that Pac was an "ignorant rapper".

I Ain't Mad at Cha was one song in 25 plus of what many would call ignorant.

He made like one of those non-ignorant gems an album..

Blackace

I'm not so sure tbh. I mean of course the don't go out and actually try to make an awful record, I'm talking more about getting popular mc's to feature that are horrible as f***k.

I mean I have to assume that no one adds Gucci Mane to the feature list cause he's such an awesome rapper. Or spitting over beats from some popular producer even though it doesn't fit their style at all.

Getting a feature or three doesn't make your album bad... Gucci Mane makes hits.. Thats why they add him, and most likely he might return the favor by asking them for a feature making their influence wider..

Spitting over beats that don't fit their style is a bit silly but sometimes artist shock you how they can perform and make a crossover hit... Nothing wrong with that

Jay Sosa

people get Gucci to feature because he's funny and has a distinctive voice.

He already was funny and distinctive in his Trap House days, but no one fucked with him back then when everyone was on Jeezy's dick.

The only reason they feature him now (imho) is to have his name on the back of the cover. Same with Ross.

You know.....

I really wish Andre 3000 would 'complete' / make another A Life In The Day Of Benjamin Andre! Would be interesting to hear his perspective on his holiday plus would be an amazing way to make a comeback.

I Ain't Mad at Cha was one song in 25 plus of what many would call ignorant.

He made like one of those non-ignorant gems an album..

Dude, what album are you talking about besides AEoM? Unless our definition of ignorant is completely off, most his albums arent on that ignorant stuff.

weeknd and frank oceans coachella performances were pretty awful. theyll probably get better over time

dre and snoop was fucking awesome however

kamspy

NEW DJ PAUL /djpaul voice

h3o8A.jpg

http://www.freeonsmash.com/videos/watch/k6p17tnymc68uim5/

http://nahright.com/news/2012/03/26/dj-paul-ft-2-chainz-–-cocky-remix/

you're welcome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally caught up to last night's performances. The live band was absolutely killing it.

Now awaiting holo-Nate Dogg backing up holo-Pac with a holo-Eazy cameo.

Detox

Detox needs to come out just for the amazing tour they will do celebrating Dre's entire career from NWA to Kendrick so many guys will feature on it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol j. cole sounds so weird on that drank in my cup remix..
It was a freestyle that wasn't supposed to go out there that the dude got a hold of and tried to make it an official feature without consent. Scummy shit. Since then, Cole's dudes have put him on blast for it and had him removed from the remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom