• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a freestyle that wasn't supposed to go out there that the dude got a hold of and tried to make it an official feature without consent. Scummy shit. Since then, Cole's dudes have put him on blast for it and had him removed from the remix.

Damn for real? That explains it a lot then lol. I was like man this seems so off. Some fucked up shit.

Tokubetsu

That kinda beat doesn't suit A$AP at all. The first part does when his voice is screwed the hit-boy goes all WTT on it and it doesn't suit him. It'll probably grow on me though.

exarkun

Goldie is dope, beat and chorus is the mainstreaming of the sound he had on his mixtape.

its druggie and talkin about hoes but it flows. Like it flows for real.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dude, what album are you talking about besides AEoM? Unless our definition of ignorant is completely off, most his albums arent on that ignorant stuff.

I love Pac, but it's like people hold him to some mythical standard.. S4mN MAtW Thug Life AEoM and TDK all have it's share of igorant tracks of balla balla and all that.. don't get it twisted..

kodecraft

I love Pac, but it's like people hold him to some mythical standard.. S4mN MAtW Thug Life AEoM and TDK all have it's share of igorant tracks of balla balla and all that.. don't get it twisted..

Damn you left one out homie, 2Pacalypse Now, mention Pac mention it all, you dont strike me as much of a fan though, more like you may appreciate Pac, but not "luv".

Plus I don't think its "ignorant rap" as much as its hardcore rap. There is a difference between rap and hip-hop in my opinion. Nowadays, ignorant rap exists on a higher scale believe that and we have accepted it unfortunately.

Esch

Banned

Much respect to a Cali dude for telling it like it is. Pac was a pop artist first and a rights advocate/socially conscious emcee second. He wasnt a saint or a guy not concerned about getting his guapo, he was a gangsta rapper. He made songs about gangsta shit, fucking bitches, and specifically intended on marketing his music to female audiences. he was an entertainer and a businessman first; you dont get to selling 75+ million albums worldwide by being a poet laureate emcee

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

This is so bad. Like.... fuck.

Much respect to a Cali dude for telling it like it is. Pac was a pop artist first and a rights advocate/socially conscious emcee second. He wasnt a saint or a guy not concerned about getting his guapo, he was a gangsta rapper. He made songs about gangsta shit, fucking bitches, and specifically intended on marketing his music to female audiences. he was an entertainer and a businessman first; you dont get to selling 75+ million albums worldwide by being a poet laureate emcee

You have my sword.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
5r1jr.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Damn you left one out homie, 2Pacalypse Now, mention Pac mention it all, you dont strike me as much of a fan though, more like you may appreciate Pac, but not "luv".

Plus I don't think its "ignorant rap" as much as its hardcore rap. There is a difference between rap and hip-hop in my opinion. Nowadays, ignorant rap exists on a higher scale believe that and we have accepted it unfortunately.

There is no such thing as hip-hop and rap.. they are the same.. and I didn't forget 2Pacalypse I was giving an example of ignorant Pac and that album was fairly clear of it..

I don't "luv" Pac.. lol ok if that makes sense to you I will run with it..

Isn't this just a "freestyle" type track? The beat isn't original, its a hitboy beat that ended up on Tony William's album, and is an infinitely better song ft John Legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q90ChUeJh8Y

Let's hope so, although I did read this about it:

16 Years after the release of Black Girl Lost, Nas releases “Another Black Girl Lost“. Nas recently spoke with Angie Martinez about the record where he said it will be on his upcoming LP, “Life Is Good“.

:-/

There is no such thing as hip-hop and rap.. they are the same.. and I didn't forget 2Pacalypse I was giving an example of ignorant Pac and that album was fairly clear of it..

I don't "luv" Pac.. lol ok if that makes sense to you I will run with it..
Seriously.

If anything, I consider "rapping" the act of performing the music genre known as "hip-hop."

Yea, thats wack, sad thing is, it may be a kat in the suburbs who made the account and behind this HologramPac he get to talk "gangster" which satisfies a fantasy of theirs. Sad.

that's exactly how it comes off, it could have been a funny account in the right hand

and those seriously offended by his hologram, give me break

Love the Star Wars / Tupac pic.

Goldie is pretty decent. I love how the single covered mentions that it was produced by Hit-Boy.

That man is really getting a lot of credit for the NiP beat. For good reason I guess.

kodecraft

All Eyez on Me was doing fine without him dying..

But his controversy that always followed him help sell it. He went to superstar status after death, I can't count how many NON-Pac fans there were before he died and would let you know about it. Now that he is gone, "fans" are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom